Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Igneous rocks are formed when rock cools and solidifies.
- Over 700 types of igneous rocks have been described. Most of them formed beneath the Earth's surface.
- Extrusive igneous rocks are formed at the Earth's surface because of the partial melting of rocks.
- Igneous rock are classified according to texture, chemical composition, and the geometry of the rock.
- The word "igneous" is derived from the Latin igneus, meaning "of fire".
Due to the fact that this is a Wiki, I would have to upload, download and decode in order to add pictures. If you wish to see pictures, please visit the Wikipedia page