Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ivo Hugh was built by the workmen of Crovan's Gate Works for the Skarloey Railway to help out with the additional traffic that had come to the line over the years. He was named after the Chief Engineer of the Maintenance Crew, Mr. Hugh, who thought it a great honour to have an engine named after him. Not much is known about Ivo Hugh, as he never even spoke in the last book, thus far, to feature the Skarloey Railway. He relies on the knowledge and experience of the older engines to help get his jobs done.
Ivo Hugh is based on the Talyllyn Railway's Tom Rolt.
Ivo Hugh is painted in the Skarloey Railway's red livery with blue-and-yellow lining.
- Fearless Freddie is considered by fans to be Ivo Hugh's TV series counterpart, as they are both #7 on the Skarloey Railway. However, Ivo Hugh is exclusive to the Railway Series books and Fearless Freddie is exclusive to the TV Series. Both engines have their own Wooden Railway model, coincidentally.
- Wooden Railway Model
Counterparts (Thomas Version)
- Igloo or Louis (Theodore Tugboat)
- Jirachi (Pokemon)
- Cody (Digimon)
- Rocket the Sloth or Theo (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Counterparts (Skarloey Version)
- Freddie (Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends)
- The Coast Guard (TUGS)
- Salty (Salty's Lighthouse)
- Nautlius (Theodore Tugboat)