The Jackistan Empire has a unique history. Rising from centuries of domination, division and subjugation it is today a significant regional power with policy goals that are often aggressively pursued.
Temporary Jakistan Map
- 902 Jakistan is founded as a lose confederation of small dysfunctional nation states seeks to establish a
viable nation state based on mutual trade and defense.
- 902-922 Power of the central government is codified into law. Jackmenian is established as the official
language. First courts established.
- 929 King Jackalov I converts from paganism to Christianity and makes Christianity the official religion. Those who refuse to convert are killed.
- 1017-1032 Internal dissident factions are crushed, government is reorganized with the creation of provinces governed by Royal appointees.
- 1051 Universal military conscription is enacted; first standing army is created.
- 1062 Coast Guard created.
- 1189 Capital is moved from Springfield to Capital City.
- 1280-1283 Series of wars with invading neighbors devastate Jstan and greatly weaken the central government. Much territory is lost to invading powers and succession.
- 1290-1390 Jstan solidifies internal power, rebuilds army and establishes treaties with neighbor states. Military service law enacted. Law requires all men age 16 to serve for 8 years in the army followed by 10 in the militia. Exemptions are granted by province ministers.
- 1391 Invades Petoria and recaptures some territory lost in the 1280-1283 war. War ended by the Treaty of Quahog.
- 1395 Jstan violates the terms of the Treaty of Quahog, invades Petoria and recaptures remaining territory lost in the 1280-1283 war. As a condition for a seccesation of hostilities, Jstan forces Petoria to seed the costal city of Konigsburg.
- 1471-1509 Jstan begins annexing neighbors and former Jstan provinces which had succeeded in the wake of the 1280-1283 war.
- 1521 Jstan annexes all of Petoria.
- 1523 Jstan creates the Jstan Navy.
- 1540 Jstan Naval forces begin to harass the sea borne trade and fishing industries of its neighbors.
- 1610-1617 Successfully defends territory in a series of wars with invaders from the east. Embarks on aggressive campaign of expansion following 1617 Frontier War.
- 1620 Establishes Great Leader Dynasty.
- 1664-1709 Great Leader II makes Jstan into a modern power with strong ties to Western Europe.
- 1710-1759 Great Leader III makes Jstan into one of the great powers with the overseas colonization of numerous peoples. The plundering of those native peoples resources allows for Jstan to greatly expand both the size of its navy and army as well as the scope of its influence.
- 1783 Defeats invasion by rival great power Polemistan, further enhancing the prestige and power of Jstan; begins repressive colonization of defeated rival’s former colonial possessions.
- 1911 Jstan creates its’ first air force.
- 1912 Suffers humiliating defeat to emerging world power, and is forced to cede much of its overseas possessions and claims to the victor. Defeat reveals how decrepit the state and military had become.
- 1912 Revolution spreads across Jstan in the wake of defeat. Government survives by enacting limited reforms.
- 1915-1928 Efforts are made to modernize the army and navy but these largely fail due to the limited resources available.
- 1929 Suffers humiliating and catastrophic defeat in Great War gravely weakening the army and the state. Civil war erupts.
- 1931 Jackstanofists overthrow the government, install socialist government and then solidify power by crushing former allies and loyalist elements.
- 1932-1934 Invades neighbor states and annexes all former provinces of Jstan which had broken away in the wake of the 1283, 1912 and 1929 defeats.
- 1935 Church is abolished and the new state religion is the state. Industry, communications, mining, and transportation are all nationalized; uniformed attire for all personal working in these fields and for all political appointees become standard.
- 1936-1938 Reasserts power in few remaining colonial possessions by remilitarizing colonies and silencing any dissident voices by death, imprisonment and exile.
- 1939-1945 While victorious, suffers severe losses in the Second Great War emerging as a great power with significant shortages of skilled manpower and deployed of money and resources. To address this, Jstan demands and receives defeated nations overseas colonial possessions as well as large parts of Poland (make this whoever you want). Forces occupy, as “liberators” much of continent. Begins forcibly moved skilled laborers and highly educated men deemed of high value to Jstan. Exploits natural resources in colonies to recoup those depleted during the war.
- 1946 First Jackistan Empire is established. Army, navy and air force begin first of ten year plans to modernize the armed forces.
- 1946-1951 Imposes marshal law in occupied territories and in some colonial possessions. Thousands are killed in the crack down.
- 1948 Provides arms to revolutionary armies around the world. This continues to this day. Begins to grant independence to its longtime colonial possessions.
- 1950-1953 Embroiled in proxy war with neighbors.
- 1956 Puts down revolt in occupied nation, tens of thousand are killed.
- 1957 Sends expeditionary forces to fight in Arab Israeli War; first overseas use of power outside a colonial possession.
- 1966 Puts down revolt in second occupied nation.
- 1967 Sends expeditionary forces to the Middle East, Africa and Asia; begins to grant independence to defeated powers colonial possessions. To ensure that these fledging states pose no threat Jstan arms dissident factions within the former colonies and attempts to stoke the flames of sectarian violence.
- 1974-1980 Invades neighbor and becomes engaged in protracted war. Cost of war, maintaining overseas possessions and occupation begin to weigh heavily on the economy. Unpopular war leads to unrest in Jackistan.
- 1981 Jackistan ends unpopular war and enacts reforms granting greater freedoms to the people including the free practice of Christianity.
- 1983 Last colonial possession is granted independence.
- 1991 Jackistan begins the recall of its forces from the occupied territories. The empire is dissolved and in its place is the First Jackistan Republic.
- 1992-1998 Destroys Islamic Army in breakaway state after six years of fighting.
- 1999-present Use of clandestine expeditionary units committed to conflicts around the world where there is a Jackistan interest. Army, navy and air force are being modernized in the Second Ten Year Plan which is nearing completion.
The Jakistan Government is comprised of a ruling party which has a ruling council similar to the Soviet Pilotbureau. This council is comprised of eleven senior party members. The council elects a Supreme Leader for Life from among party members in the military or civil government who have been nominated by any one of the council members. The council retains its own power by nominating men it sees as loyal party members and by maintaining a network of close associations with the various police and security organizations and, more importantly, the block captains who serve as the eyes and ears of the council. Jakistan is known to possess chemical weapons and has an active nuclear weapons program. Since coming to power in February of 2006 Jack has launched a series of limited reforms promoting expanded freedom of the press and movement towards a free market economy. He also elevated the Department of Science to a ministry level post when he established the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Supreme Leader for Life Jack Lynch
- First Deputy to the Supreme Leader Robert Joselyn
- Second Deputy to the Supreme Leader Chris Reed
- Third Deputy to the Supreme Leader Michael Patterson
- Chief of Staff Jason Williams
- Minister of War Kevin Facemyer
- Minister of State Kelly Meggison
- Minister of State Security Isis Delacroix
- Minister of State Police Jason Algarin
- Minister of Justice Edward Boeringer
- Minister of Communication Jeff Brackin
- Minister of Labor Edward Crowley
- Minister of Education Tug Wilson
- Minister of Land and Water Dan Libby
- Minister of Science and Technology Willy Messerschmitt
- Minister of Economy Daniel Snyder
- Minister of Capital City Kelly Hudson
- Minister of the Duchy of Baden Mike Martin
- Minister of the Province of Jackweristan Irving Coleman
- Minister of the Province of Chancellorsville Eddie Brown
- Minister of the Province of Spotsylvania Mark Rypien
- Minister of the Province of Manassas Count Kilmer III
- Minister of the Province of Fredericksburgistan Larry Brown
COMBINED HEADQUARTERS OF THE ARMED FORCES OF JACKISTAN
- Chief of the Combined General Staff State Marshall Winfield Scott
- Deputy Chief of the Combined General Staff Staff Marshall Erich Manstein
- Marshall of the Army Field Marshall Edwin Rommel
- Marshall of the Fleet Fleet Marshall Chester Nimitz
- Marshall of the Air Force Air Marshall Erich Hartmann
- Commandant of Naval Infantry Brigade Leader John Lejuene
- Director, Operations Branch Legion Commander Otto Skorzeny
- FIRST EXPEDITIONARY CORPS Deputy General George Patton
- FRONTIER CORPS Deputy General Albert Kesselring
- THIRD CORPS Deputy General Heinz Guderian
- HOME GUARD Deputy General Ambrose Burnside
- RESERVE FORCES Major General George McClellan
- MOUNTAIN DIVISION Major General Thomas Jackson
- AIRBORNE DIVISION Major General Kurt Student
- HIGH SEAS FLEET Fleet Admiral William Halsey
- INLAND SEA FLOTILLA Commodore David Farragut
- I NAVAL AVIATION WING Senior Commodore David McCampbell
- II NAVAL AVIATION WING Senior Commodore Joseph Foss
- III NAVAL AVIATION WING Senior Commodore Robert Hanson
- AFLOAT NAVAL AVIATION WING Senior Commodore Greg Boyington
- NAVAL INFANTRY BRIGADE Brigade Leader Lewis Puller
- NAVAL SHORE BATTERIES Commodore E. Alexander Porter
ARMY of the AIR
- CAPITAL CITY AIR WING Senior Flight Commander Rich Bong
- EXPEDITIONAY AIR WING Senior Flight Commander Gerd Barkhorn
- FIGHTER WING I Senior Flight Commander Gunther Rall
- FIGHTER WING II Senior Flight Commander Heinrich Bar
- FIGHTER WING III Senior Flight Commander Otto Kittel
- ATTACK WING Senior Flight Commander Hans Rudel
- LIGHT BOMBER WING Senior Flight Commander James Dolittle
- MEDIUM BOMBER WING Flight Commander Arthur Harris
- TRANSPORT WING Flight Commander William Junkers
- BASE AND FACILITIES Wing Commander Edward Holmes
NAVAL INFANTRY BRIGADE
- BRIGADE LEADER Brigade Leader Lewis Puller
- 1st Marines Colonel Lewis Wilson
1st Bn 1st Marines 2nd Bn 1st Marines 3rd Bn 1st Marines
- 5th Marines Colonel Ray Davis
1st Bn 5th Marines 2nd Bn 5th Marines 3rd Bn 5th Marines
- 6th Marines Colonel Ron Barber
1st Bn 6th Marines 2nd Bn 6th Marines 3rd Bn 6th Marines
10th Independent Artillery Battalion
Baden Self Propelled Battery Bravo Battery Charlie battery Heavy Battery Rocket Battery
Mech Recon Battalion
A Company B Company C Company