Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here's where we can talk about all the different launch methods that could be used. Space Elevator? Saturn V? A giant railgun? I'll keep posting more ideas as discussion continues.
1. Conventional rocketry. We launch from the ground with a multi-stage rocket that puts our vehicle in orbit.
2. We use a hot-air baloon to get us halfway, then use a space-plane piggy-back to get us further, then launch a conventional rocket from the upper atmosphere.
3. We use a ground-based propellant (like a human cannonball), combined with conventional rocketry.
4. Use a magnetic slingshot to propel the space vehicle into orbit (or part way?).
5. Use a laser propelled vehicle.
6. Explore anti-gravity experiments, and use to reduce equivalent mass of spacecraft.
7. Use a space elevator, and terminal in GEO to lift spacecraft and supplies into orbit.
8. Use a space fountain. (see Wikipedia)