- Should we name the group and have it as "in residence at MYO Academy"?
- possible names:
- Ensemble, Inc.
- --this is an umbrella organization Mike founded. We could use the name and have the MYOA group exist under this "umbrella" if everyone thinks this is good for the MYOA.
- --benefits are that a performance history (programs, etc.) already exists, a website, and a funding history
- Long Island Contemporary Chamber Players
- Nassau County Contemporary Chamber Players
- The Academy of St. MYO in the Fields :)
- other ideas?
- possible names:
- who is going to be in this group?
- --everyone at the meeting?
- 2 violins (maybe one playing viola), cello, percussion, oboe... flute?
- please confirm that you want to perform in the group:
- we could use this space to schedule rehearsals
- there's many internet tools available for us to make scheduling easy and efficient... internet calendars can help a lot.
- other thoughts?
- we can use this space to add ideas for rep
- one idea is to look at other groups and what they are doing for rep
- Mike: California EAR Unit, although they wouldn't have our exact instrumentation, they do a children's concert that would be a good starting point for us. Mike has seen their school show live and it is a lot of fun.
- 3 of their pieces we could do without much trouble:
- John Bergamo's Foreign Objects mp3
- John Cage's Living Room Music (Mike will try to find the mp3 later)
- Steve Reich's Clapping Music (ditto)
- Other groups to look at?
- Other Repertoire Ideas?
- Mike: I focus mostly on contemporary music... we could obviously do other stuff!!! A marimba can work well as a violin, viola, bass, flute... etc. So any style is fine by me. I just happen to do contemporary more often.