Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Welcome to the Maclay Holiday in Arran mini wiki at Scratchpad!
You can use the box below to create new pages for this mini-wiki. Make sure you type
[[Category:Maclay Holiday in Arran]] on the page before you save it to make it part of the Maclay Holiday in Arran wiki (preload can be enabled to automate this task, by clicking this link and saving that page. Afterwards, you may need to purge this page, if you still see this message).
- Saturday 9th August:
- Sunday 10th August: David, Susanne, Frank & Leonie): I'll do my hummus with minced lamb + mezze special; option with no lamb for vegetarians; L+F will do some other Mediterranean e.g. Aubergines
- James has now booked tables for the adults at Creelers; On Monday evening 2 tables, for 4 & 5 people, and on Wednesday 1 table 6. The Monday tables are booked for 6.00pm and the Thursday one for 8.00pm.
- Sally, Joris and family will cook on Thursday night - it'll be potatoes with seasonal vegetables and baked-fish/-sausages/-beans followed by local fruit dessert à la Belgique, and cheese and biscuits
Things to do
- Brodick Cycle Hire Roy Moss, +44 (1770) 302868
- Lamlash boat hire and fishing trips: 01770 600998
Things to bring
Housekeeping + General Provisions for D+S+L+F
D+S will bring:
- cereal + porridge oats
- tinned food (tomatoes, sweetcorn, kidney beans)
- soya mince
- toilet roll, kitchen roll
L+F will bring:
- tea bags
- salt, pepper
- tonic water
- fruit cordial
- nuts, olives, popcorn, nibbles etc
- olive oil
- garlic & ginger
- marmalade, marmite, honey, mustard, chutney
- tinned tuna & anchovies - (we have a surplus)
- dried fruit + raisins
- tea towels + washing up liquid + cloths
Questions to ask
- Are any of the dining / living spaces big enough to have a joint meal for all?
- What are the nearest shops and what are their opening times, especially at the weekend?
A On Shore Rd., Brodick there is a Co-op; open 7 days a week http://www.visit-isle-of-arran.eu/brodick.htm#shopping
- What are the arrangements for picking up the keys?
- Is there a Fish & Chip Shop in Brodick?
A: New Ferry Fry, The Pier Brodick