- A metamorphic rock is formed because of the change of a pre-existing rock.
- The process called metamorphism, which means "change in form."
- The product may be sedimentary, igneous or another metamorphic rock.
- Metamorphic rocks form only at the high temperatures and pressures.
- Rocks that were subjected to equal pressure from all sides will not be foliated.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.