He brought Mighty Mac to the Railway and is usually found on his trusty bike. He stands for no nonsense from his engines. He looks like the Fat Controller, only thin and wears glasses and a bowler hat. In Season 10 it is revealed he is bald under his hat.
Mr. Percival was introduced in Season 9, and resembles the Thin Controller from The Railway Series, Mr. Peter Sam. Because of this, he is called the Thin Controller in the UK, while he is sometimes called the Narrow-Gauge Controller in the US version.
A Thomas magazine recently did a profile on Mr. Percival. It revealed that his full name was Mr. Peregrine Percival, and he is married to a woman named Polly, and has four children. It also states that he likes bikes, hates cars, and his hero is the Fat Controller. However, not everything in the magazine series is necessarily canon to the TV series. In Season 10 he is featured with his wife, but her name wasn't mentioned or confirmed. It might not even be his wife - he does openly cheat on her.
- Mr. Percival's theme is the instrumental from the Narrow Gauge Engines Song.
Counterparts (Thomas Version)
- The Dispatcher - Theodore Tugboat
- Captain Zero - Salty's Lighthouse
- Brock or Professor Oak - Pokemon
- Dr. George - Animaniacs
- Hugo - Skylanders
- Turagha Onewa - Bionicle
- Principal Shepherd - Family Guy
- Mr. Mackey - South Park
- Principal Carl Moss - King of the Hill
Counterparts (Skarloey Version)
- Sir Topham Hatt - Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends
- Captain Star - TUGS
- JB King - Shining Time Station
- Toadsworth - Super Mario Bros
- King Acorn - Sonic the Hedgehog
- King Derwin - Dr. Seuss/The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss
- Henry's Dad - Horrid Henry
- Mr. Haney - Arthur, both wear glasses
- Mayor Joe Quimby - The Simpsons
- Mayor Adam West - Family Guy
- Mr. Litwak - Wreck-It Ralph
- King El Zebulos - Rocket Knight Adventures