In Banjo-Kazooie, Mumbo transforms Banjo and Kazooie into whatever transformation they need, provided they have enough Mumbo Tokens to do so. At the end of the game, if Banjo and Kazooie have collected all 100 Jiggies, he will show them pictures of the locations of the items that will be used in Banjo-Tooie, namely the Ice Key and the Pink and Blue Secret Eggs.
In Banjo-Tooie, Mumbo takes on a more active role, as he is a playable side-character. If Banjo and Kazooie collect a Glowbo and bring it to him, he will travel to a Mumbo Pad to provide the magic required for the specific level. Mumbo is apparently a very powerful shaman, as he can revive those who have died, as proven in the Hailfire Peaks level, during the missions where you have to rescue Sabreman and the Alien family. His previous job of transforming Banjo and Kazooie into whatever transformation they need has been passed over to his rival, Humba Wumba, who will get annoyed if you go into her wigwam as Mumbo.
- Grant Kirkhope, one of the composers for the Banjo-Kazooie games, provided the voice of Mumbo.
- Skin Color: Pink
- Clothing: Brown Grass Skirt
- Friends: Banjo, Kazooie, Bottles, Tooty
- Rivals: Humba Wumba
- Enemies: Gruntilda Winkybunion, Mingella Winkybunion, Blobbelda Winkybunion, Klungo
Counterparts (Mario Version)
Counterparts (Banjo-Kazooie Version)
- James (Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends)
- Top Hat (TUGS/Salty's Lighthouse)
- Horace Schemer (Shining Time Station)
- Luigi (Super Mario Bros.)
- Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Plucky Duck (Tiny Toon Adventures)
- Mr. Plotz (Animaniacs)
- Kyle Bloodworth-Thomason (Fanboy & Chum Chum)
- The Kid (Codename: Kids Next Door)
- Raphael (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)