Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article has been moved or is in the process of being moved to the Sinclair FAQ Wiki, under the "NTSC Spectrum" article. You may find more complete information there.
One example of an NTSC Spectrum (as opposed to a Timex machine) has been found (in Chile). As far as is known, it is the same as a normal (PAL) Spectrum with the following differences:
- The CPU is clocked at 3.5275 MHz
- The ULA is a model 6C011E-3 which generates a NTSC frame size and rate
- One frame lasts 0xe700 (59136) tstates, giving a frame rate of 3.5275×106 / 59136 = 59.65 Hz
- 224 tstates per line implies 264 lines per frame.
- The first contended cycle is at 0x22ff (8959). This implies 40 lines of upper border, 192 lines of picture and 32 lines of lower border/retrace.
- The contention pattern is confirmed as being the same 6,5,4,3,2,1,0,0 as on the 48K machine.