|Ned The Steam Shovel|
|Built||1994 (he was experimental)|
|Designers||Sir Topham Hatt I and William Stainer|
|Date to Birth||February 10, 1994|
|Date to Death||July 5, 2011 (aged 17)|
|First Appearance||A Friend In Need|
|Voice Actors||Matt Wilkinson (UK)|
William Hope (USA)
Ned is an old steam shovel. He means well, but he can sometimes be clumsy. Indeed, he once nearly caused a terrible accident by knocking out the keystone of a railway bridge when Thomas was due to cross with a goods train. He has the number 19 painted on his cab as well as 'Packard and Co.'.
- Ned's theme is The Pack theme from Season 6, which he shares with Jack, Alfie, Oliver (Pack), Max and Monty, Kelly, Byron (good friend), Isobella, Patrick, Nelson, Buster, Ms. Jenny, and The Foreman.
Counterparts (Thomas Version)
- Turkey (Shining Time Station)
- Colchester (Theodore Tugboat)
- Clam #4 (Salty's Lighthouse)
- Squitter (Super Mario Bros.)
- "Duck" Bill Platypus (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Alfred Hitchcock or Ralph the Guard (Animaniacs)
- Little Cat I (Dr. Seuss)
- Shieldon (Pokemon)
- Skip (Bob the Builder)
- Swarm (Skylanders)
- Walking Car (Toy Story)
Counterparts (Jack and the Pack Version)
- Henry (Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends)
- Warrior (TUGS/Salty's Lighthouse; both are clumsy)
- Inverness or Digby (Theodore Tugboat)
- Chatsworth (Chuggington)
- Barton Winslow (Shining Time Station)
- Diddy Kong or Chunky Kong (Super Mario Bros.)
- Espio the Chameleon, Big the Cat, or Rotor the Walrus (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Bill Dauterive (King of the Hill)
- Barney Gumble or Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)
- Mort Goldman or Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
- Tim the Bear (The Cleveland Show)
- Telly Monster (Sesame Street)
- Wreck-It Ralph (Wreck-It Ralph)
- Tubba (Drawn to Life)
- Fungy Frog (Skipper & Skeeto)
- Tony (3 Friends & Jerry)
"I didn't do it!"
"It wasn't me!"
"It's not fair! It's not fair!"
"That's alright. But Im glad it wasn't me!"