Original poster drawn by Al Hirschfeld
|Directed by||Peter Bogdanovich|
|Produced by||Frank Marshall|
|Screenplay by||Marty Kaplan|
Noises Off |
by Michael Frayn
|Music by||Roy Budd|
|Edited by||Lisa Day|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Pictures|
An ensemble cast includes Michael Caine, Carol Burnett, Christopher Reeve, John Ritter, Denholm Elliott, Marilu Henner, Nicollette Sheridan, Julie Hagerty and Mark Linn-Baker, with special appearances by Nathan Lane, Michael Jeter, Robin Williams, Billy Crystal, Al Hirschfeld and Jim Carrey.
The film follows the concept of a play within a play, in this case a dreadful Farce called Nothing On --- the type of production in which many doors continually open and shut. The setting has been transplanted from English Provincial Theatre to De Moines, Iowa, where a second-rate theatrical troupe is preparing to perform the Broadway-bound play under the direction of Lloyd Fellowes.
- Carol Burnett as Dotty Otley
- Michael Caine as Lloyd Fellows/Mrs. Clackett
- Denholm Elliott as Selsdon Mowbray/The Burglar
- Julie Hagerty as Poppy Taylor
- Marilu Henner as Belinda Blair/Flavia Brent
- Mark Linn-Baker as Tim Allgood
- Christopher Reeve as Frederick Dallas/Phillip Brent
- John Ritter as Garry Lejeune/Roger Tramplemain
- Nicollette Sheridan as Brooke Ashton/Vicki
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Noises Off (film).|
The list of authors can be seen in the
As with Scratchpad, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Licence.