Some Key Questions
- Will this event be a "congress" as described here?
- From our conversations, I think we're headed away from this in favor of a "you all come" model.
- The larger event could explicitly include some leadership connectors
- How big does the leadership team envision that this event will be?
- How many participants? We've said 500-1000...
- How much sponsorship? How many? How much money is enough?
- How many presenters? Are we looking at multiple tracks, e.g. ICs, Sustainability, Community Development?
- What type of supporting materials?
- Art of Community website?
- Days-of-event brochure?
- NW Community Resource Directory?
Top Priorities - and status
- Edit event wiki so others can more readily plug in - an ongoing process which will continue until we fully close upon the event
- Recruit other members of the event's Core Leadership Team - currently, Jan 20, there are 5 members, enough for us to really go for it!
- Determine NICA sponsorship relationship with event - done on a high level, need to get specific and likewise for the whole sponsorship structure
- Flesh out the early (Jan/Feb) portions of the Event Project Schedule - little progress
- Initiate/Discuss vision and purpose with key stakeholders - in progress, have discussed with Harvey Baker and Laird Schaub, of FIC, the event's "presenting organization" and non-profit overall beneficiary.
- Identify the initial Event Stakeholders