Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A game open to everyone on the site at any time -- hence, the "Open Game".
The basic idea:
- 5 or 6 pre-generated level 1 characters
- Core resources only, to keep it simple, with perhaps a few other base classes like Warlock and Scout.
- No one player "owns" a character; instead, a player "claims" a character for X posts in a row.
- I'm thinking X = 3 is probably a good starting point.
- Once that player has posted X times, the character is "freed" and any other player may "claim" him/her
- No player may "claim" more than one character at any given time.
- Role-playing is expected to be consistent with the background provided by the DM, and all previous posts for the character.
- Combat will be streamlined in some fashion so the game does not get bogged down in it -- still working on details for this.
- I will probably have players post general strategies for the characters for 3-round periods, with contingencies if needed.
- The DM rolls all the dice to speed things up. (This includes non-combat situations, also.)
- We will also not worry too heavily about equipment, encumbrance, and other mundane details. This will be a "rules lite" sort of campaign.
A few ideas I am pondering:
- XP is assigned to the player, not the character. The player chooses which character(s) to give the XP to.
- Or perhaps some percentage goes to the player instead.
- Or perhaps, combat/quest XP goes to the character; role-play XP goes to the player.
- Or the player gets some other form of tangible bonus for good role-playing.
- Time limits on character claims -- say, 24 hours between posts, or your character gets "freed".
- The DM role can, of course, get passed around just like the player roles do.