Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- When you log in to Second Life for the first time, you will land on Orientation Island. All new SL members start on one of several Orientation Islands. There are multiple Orientation Islands. Orientation Island Public is available to all Residents
- Second Life Registration: Select a Community. Join a Community. ...If you would like to start on Linden Lab's Orientation Island, click the "Skip This Step" button, or just take me to Linden Lab's Orientation Island
- In Sep. 2008 new residents were arriving at a Help Island and NOT an Orientation Island
- Linden Lab has discontinued the usage of the Orientation Islands. Residents are currently starting at the improved Help Islands and may soon start at new InfoHubs, so called MegaHubs. Please read the VTeam Blog (in particular this posting and the following Q&A with Blue Linden), as well as future announcements on this topic.
- See also
- Help menu > Tutorial
- Help menu > Report Abuse …
- Changing Your Appearance, Part 1
- Changing Your Appearance, Part 2
- Chat: How to Talk
- Getting a Closer Look
- Grabbing and Moving Things
- At the end of Orientation Island, the new resident is presented with two choices: either a trip to one of the mainland welcome areas, or a trip to Help Island
- As of November 2008 the choices were: