Welcome to the Our house is a very very very fine house mini wiki at Scratchpad!
You can use the box below to create new pages for this mini-wiki. Make sure you type
[[Category:Our house is a very very very fine house]] on the page before you save it to make it part of the Our house is a very very very fine house wiki (preload can be enabled to automate this task, by clicking this link and saving that page. Afterwards, you may need to purge this page, if you still see this message).
"Wow, don't think I've ever used Wikipedia as a discussion board before!" -becky
- yeah we got caught but this seems fine if the page i read on wikipedia is true Romanempire 10:46, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
a temporary page for discussing what we need to do/buy/whatever for the house, feel free to add stuff
okay so this is almost certainly overkill and a waste of time. sorry guys!
created this section as an example. it sounds like we're leaning towards "roman gets everything for us on demand" instead of paying for tv; we could easily have a small "get this for me post haste" board somewhere to faciliate this.
Okay, I think for the TV-Computer combo if we get Sky we'll also need a TV license. Even if noone wants to watch terrestrial TV I think the fact it will be available through Sky means we'd be breaking the law if we didn't get a license (citation needed!). I think a license costs around £140 per year so it's not that horrific. I'd be happy getting just terrestrial or pay towards a Sky subscription, however I don't really wanna pay extra for sports channels which I almost certainly won't watch (sorry Oz!). Given that, how much do people think they'll watch Sky without the extra sports channels? If the answer is "not much" it might be better just sticking with terrestrial or relying on Roman's downloading thing. -becky
- my answer is "never." Romanempire 10:46, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah I'm cool with not actually having a TV, and hence not having Sky TV. I think we should still get Sky broadband. Setanta sports have a subscription service for £8/month I can sign up to watch the IPL on the internet ie. on roman's macbook Electronicoz 11:30, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- burn! Romanempire 08:54, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Sky seems like an OK option, I think it is 10 quideroos a month for unlimited which sounds OK. 30 for installation. Unfortunately I don't think sky let you watch cricket on the internet no matter what you pay them, and I do not love cricket enough to buy a tv, get a sky box and fork out 30 pounds a month for the privilege. Hopefully setanta will get the rights to the champions league in september and "we" can watch that on roman's awesome computer-tv combo. -mosb
- as you're the only one who cares about sports, it's totally your call.
Internet- Am I right in thinking Roman has a router for the Internet? Wireless is another option but I don't know about cost &/or signal strength. Guess that's the kind of thing we can only work out when we've actually moved in.
- yep i will be ensuring we have wifi throughout the house. personally, i would prefer getting a wired option (which i think sky is?) and setting up wireless ourselves (read: myself) Romanempire 10:46, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- Digital radio [becky] checked on Argos and you can get a standard digital radio for £60-£90.
- I'll chip in Electronicoz 11:27, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- millions of plates, bowls, knives, forks
- Rice cooker
- Kitchen sized CD player
- Containers a-go-go
- A Western Australia tea-towel
- one knife that sucks
- three containers
not having scouts to regularly clean the kitchen/bathroom is gonna come as a shock! Again, how easy it's gonna be to keep up standards is only gonna become apparent once we move in. My friend Nancy's house has a rota system where housemembers take it in turns to take out the bins, clean the bathroom etc, maybe we could think about having a similar system. -becky
- totally agree, sounds like a good plan. Romanempire 10:46, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- sweet as Electronicoz 11:31, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- Wiping surfaces
Things to have a rota for:
- Taking out bins (weekly)
- vacuum/sweep floors (weekly)
- Clean bathroom (monthly)
- Clean toilet (monthly)
Electronicoz 09:24, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
If the plan really is for Roman's funding to cover a larger chunk of the rent then it would be worth figuring out the details. -becky
- agree, i need to check on some things first Romanempire 10:46, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
i think we should invest in a nice big whiteboard for maintaining various todos and needs and things, so that when people are going out they know what needs to be bought for the house, etc. whiteboards are the first wikis you know. Romanempire 09:00, 1 July 2008 (UTC)