Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These are some other mostly internal Programs and Documents made officially and un-officially by Essential Reality and Nytric:
Dual Mode Drivers (Absolute Mode and Relative Mode), and new APIs. (by Carl Kenner). Download A__DualModeDriverBeta31rd.zip from the yahoogroup or Use the P5DLL.DLL file from GlovePIE
- Using the official P5 driver source code, Carl has made a complete new version of the Drivers that allows you to use Relative Mode and Absolute Mode, among other things.
- **This is a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD**.
- Compatible with existing relative or absolute mode P5 software
- New APIs which can be called from Delphi, Visual Basic 6, Java, C, or Visual C++ 6.
- Relative or Absolute mode
- More accurate position and rotations
- Filters: Averaging and Dead-band
- Access to raw LED positions and other low-level data
- Receptor tower can be moved and rotated
- Prediction for when the glove is out of range
- Initial glove orientation can be set
- Velocities and Accelerations
- LED errors can be measured
- Absolute finger bend values
- Gloves can be worn on the left hand
- Sensitivity setting
- Choice of units
- Glove hot-spot can be set
- Location of LEDs on the glove can be moved
- INI files can be used to configure the driver for different applications
- Left or Right handed coordinate space
- Euler angles in different orders
- Can tell when the glove is in range or not
- Can retrieve previous frame data
- Data is time stamped
- Anything the original driver could do
- The original Drivers were tweaked and re-released.
- The full source for the version 2 P5 driver
- The source for some inhouse P5 sample applications that have not yet been released.
- I recommend [DualModeDrivers|Carl Kenner's Dual Mode Drivers] over the official drivers
- These initial Linux drivers included a program much like 10LEDTEST that used absolute mode and tracked the individual LEDs. this is the source for it all.
- The code is being improved as part of the community absolute mode project (see below), so the most recent code would be found in the SVN repository (see below).
P5 Windows & Mac Absolute Mode and Drivers. (by Jason Mcmullan, Ross Bencina, Tim Kreger, and more)  First version / Latest Compile + Source
- The linux absolute mode code was tweaked and recompiled for windows, this is the compiled exe.
- This is very important, because it also includes the source code, this is the first P5 windows absolute mode source code.
- There is a source code repository (subversion code versioning system) here svn://svn.evillabs.net/libp5glove/trunk/ that anyone can access to see the latest absolute mode source code (and maybe help out if so inclined). A windows subversion client (needed to access the repository in windows) can be found here.
- **UPDATE: Ross Bencina is rebirthing the stagnated GPL library project at his SVN + trac repo repository which he uses for most of his open source projects, here. This should be considered the current cutting edge of the P5 GPL library project.**
- Questions about this ongoing project are often asked and answered in the P5 Yahoo Group.
- P5_Glove:Eric Lundquist seems to have done a similar project, in that he also has made a windows port of Jason's original linux absolute mode code.