Pennies, Nickels, Dimes is the 3rd episode from Season 4 of Barney & Friends.
The children decide that Goldie, their pet goldfish, is lonely. They want to buy Goldie a friend, a castle, and a plant for the bowl. After counting their coins, they discover they need more money to make their purchase. Also, Stephen realizes he has lost his prized quarter. Unbeknownst to him, Scooter has mistaken the lost quarter for trash and squirrelled it away in his stash. The children search for the quarter but don't find it. They utilize the Barney Bag to make a piggy bank to hold their money. The children work together to earn the additional money to buy a fish and some accessories for the fish bowl. By selling lemonade and cookies and cashing in aluminium cans, they nearly make their goal, but they're one quarter short. Scooter comes to the rescue by returning the quarter, and Goldie gets a friend!
Educational Theme: Making and Spending Money
- Miss Etta Kette
- Scooter McNutty
- Barney Theme Song
- The Friendship Song
- Pennies in My Pocket
- A Hunting We Will Go
- The Barney Bag
The Popcorn Song
- Ten Little Pennies
- Let's Take Care of Our Pets
- I Love You
- Barney has his Season 3 voice and Late 1993/1994-1997 costume.
- The Barney costume used in this episode was also seen in "Gone Fishing!".
- Although The Popcorn Song is used, this marks the only time on the show in which Barney and the kids don't make popcorn.
- The arrangement for Let's Take Care of Our Pets is updated to its current rendition.
- When Scooter McNutty takes Stephen's quarter, you can hear scooter singing clean up.