A power ranking is a description of a state's status in terms of its international clout.
- Middle power: States that have some international influence.
- Regional power: States with power and influence that allows them to have a certain element of control over their geographical region.
- Global power: States with the ability to influence events and project power on a worldwide scale.
- Superpower: States that have power and influence beyond most others.
- Hyperpower: States that are vastly stronger than any potential rival.