Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Class||Small bright yellow engine|
|Livery||Small bright yellow engine|
|Built||1991 (he was experimental)|
|Builder||Small bright yellow engine|
|Designers||Sir Topham Hatt I and William Stainer|
|Date to Birth||March 6, 1991|
|Date to Death||December 1, 2006 (aged 15)|
|First Appearance||The Magic Lamp|
|Voice Actors||Keith Wickham (UK)|
Kerry Shale (USA)
Proteus was the name of a steam engine in an old story from the hills. Proteus had a lamp that shone very brightly and was said to be magical. There are three signs that Proteus' lamp is near: a gust of wind, a creaking sound, and a light flashing on and off.
Skarloey once spoke of this legend to the other narrow gauge engines. Peter Sam scoffed at the story at first. Later that evening, when Peter Sam got lost on an evening voyage, he was almost led to believe that the lamp was about. In the end, Peter Sam decided that sometimes it can be good to believe in something. ("The Magic Lamp")
- Thomas Wooden Railway Model
- Trackmaster Model
- Proteus is theme is the Theme of lady Scene from "Thomas and the Magical Railroad" or instrumental from the song, Boo Boo Choo Choo (Music from Sodor).
Counterparts (Thomas Version)
- Haliburton Houseboat (Theodore Tugboat)
- Taj the Elephant Genie (Diddy Kong Racing)
- Abu-Bubu (Wacky Races)
- Smoky the Genie (Looney Tunes)
- Wally Llama (Animaniacs)
- The Genie (Good Luck Charlie)
- Toby the Robot (Harror the Robot/Bionicle)
- Martian (The Simpsons; episode, Homer the Great)
- Simon (Adventure Time)
- Wunka (Star Wars)
- Sparx (Skylanders)
Counterparts (Skarloey Version)
- Hiro (Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends)