Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This list of psychology/mental health resources is part of the EBSS Reference Sources & Services Committee's statistical directory, which you can view [here]: 
Child and School Psychology
Administration for Children & Families. "Prevalence." U.S. Department of Health & Human Services,. http://www.childwelfare.gov/can/prevalence/ (accessed June 18, 2007).
- National and State statistics on the prevalence of different types of maltreatment, abuse and neglect in out-of-home care, and recurrence. Also includes statistics by state and region.
Childstats.gov. "Parental Reports on Emotional & Behavioral Difficulties (Forum)." Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics. http://childstats.gov/americaschildren/hea2.asp (accessed June 18, 2007).
- Data on emotional and behavioral difficulties of children by age group, ethnicity, economic status, and family structure.
Annie E. Casey Foundation. "Kids Count Census Data Online." Annie E. Casey Foundation. http://www.aecf.org/kidscount/census/ (accessed June 18, 2007).
- Basic census data on children, including income, family status, language, disabilities, neighborhoods, parental employment, and living arrangements.
Institute of Educational Sciences. "National Center for Education Statistics." U.S. Department of Education. http://nces.ed.gov/index.asp (accessed June 18, 2007).
- Features numerous data tables on elementary education, early childhood education, and secondary schools. Includes fast facts on standardized testing results, early childhood programs and a broad variety of social and economic issues that impact elementary and secondary education.
National Center for Learning Disorders, Inc. "Fact Sheets." National Center for Learning Disorders, Inc. http://www.ncld.org/content/view/447/391/ (accessed June 18, 2007).
- Fact sheets on different types of learning disabilities.
Research & Training Center for Children’s Mental Health. "Summaries of Current Research Findings in the Children’s Mental Health Field." Research & Training Center for Children’s Mental Health. http://datatrends.fmhi.usf.edu/ (accessed June 18, 2007).
- Includes summaries, which detail recent, published articles on systems of care for children with emotional and behavioral disabilities and their families, and news briefs, which highlight related items or events of interest to the field.
US Census Bureau. "Childcare: Survey of Income and Program Participation." US Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/childcare.html (accessed June 18, 2007).
- Provides detailed summaries of current research findings on child mental health issues. Reports go back to 1999.
Bureau of Labor Statistics. "Counseling." U.S. Department of Labor. http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos067.htm (accessed June 18, 2007).
- Statistics on earnings and employment data for counselors with different specialities.
Office of the Surgeon General. "Surgeon General's Report: Mental Health: Race, Ethnicity, and Diversity." http://mentalhealth.samhsa.gov/cre/toc.asp (accessed June 18, 2007).
- Basic data on the prevalence of mental illness among African Americans, Native American, Asian Americans, and Hispanic Americans.
Office of the Surgeon General. "Epidemiology of Mental Illness." United States Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/mentalhealth/chapter2/sec2_1.html (accessed June 18, 2007).
- Summary of prevalence rates of types of mental illnesses by age group.
Mental Health Work Group. "Data and Statistics." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/mentalhealth/data.htm (accessed June 18, 2007).
- Mental health data by state and subgroups. Covers the years from 1993-2004.