Reibe Vailar is the advisor on board the mercenary ship The Echo.
- Species: Human (with slight genetic abnormalities)
- Sex: Female
- Age: 3959 years (appears approximately 20 years)
- Alignment: "My own," Reibe elusively states if asked, "though the Jedi come nearer to my ideals than the Sith... for the most part."
- Appearance: With Reibe being a flat five feet in height, it’s suitable to wonder if her growth was somehow stunted when she was younger, but she scarcely speaks of her younger years. Her hair is darker than Jana’s, as close to being black as ‘dark brown’ can get and is pulled back in a braid that reaches to her waist. They both have brown eyes, though Reibe’s are a lighter tint of brown.
- Weapons/Equipment: Two lightsabers, one starfighter, and little else that has been seen by the crew of the Echo. She seems to have a few random tools and machines tucked away in places, but not much beyond that. "I travel light," she says.
- Primary Role Player: Writer
Oddly enough, a search for ‘HIN’ brings up less than the search for Reibe. She keeps quiet about her past and has used her information network to simultaneously preserve information the Empire wishes to eliminate and protect information the Emperor dearly wishes he could access.
There is a small file with encryption that is easily broken. It suggests that Reibe served the Jedi at her convenience and betrayed them (shifted her loyalty to the Empire, as the file so delicately puts it) when they could have used her aid the most. More heavily encrypted Imperial files list her as the first of the Emperor’s Hands and it’s possible that she was the template the Emperor used when looking for potential Hands.
A little further into the file, it mentions an apprentice Reibe trained to Knighthood for the Jedi, a woman named Caitlin Bryce. Caitlin went on to train Erica West and Nadira DelCarr. The searches on these three women lest them as ‘deceased’, and mention that they were killed by Reibe. However, there is no substantial evidence of this, or even that the women are dead.
The last paragraph in the file states that Reibe vanished shortly after the rise of the Empire and has been seen very little since then. There have been many supposed sightings, but none confirmed. More recently, she has been drifting in and out of the Imperial eye and though she’s still listed as an Imperial ally, a more heavily encrypted file suggests that they are beginning to doubt her loyalty.
Reibe is known to carry two lightsabers, one formerly wielded by Mace Windu, and the other by Saesee Tiin. She is reported to have told the Emperor, “In the days of the Jedi Order, it was customary to return the lightsabers of fallen Jedi to the Temple. In these new days, the Temple is gone, but the lightsabers of fallen Jedi would still be honored for the hands that once held them. I take these two and by wielding them beyond the ends of their makers’ lives, I desecrate their memory.”
When questioned on the short monologue by Jana, Reibe answered, “I told the man what he wanted to hear and the fool believed it merely because it’s what he wanted to believe. Let me tell you my true feelings and reasons for carrying these.” She removed both sabers from her belt and extended them to Jana.
“In the days of the Jedi Order, it was customary to return the lightsabers of fallen Jedi to the Temple,” she said, echoing the first part of her original statement. “In these dark days, the Temple has been torn down and replaced with an Imperial palace, so the old customs are impossible. A day will come when the Jedi will resume their place of old, but until that day, lightsabers are trophies of those who’ve killed or found a Jedi dead. Not these two. Until the day of restoration, these two will find no rest, for there is still so much work to be done.”
The Sith Hunter’s own lightsaber was turned over to Palpatine the day she gave her first speech, but it is unknown what he did with it. Reibe says that she asked him for it five times, but he refused, claiming he lost it. Reibe doesn’t believe him.