In popular culture
- Saint Peter is quoted as having a nickname "the rock".
- Dwain Johnson is also known as "the rock".
- The sport of curling is played with a type of "rock".
- Cavemen in the stone age used rocks.
- In protests, protesters sometimes throw rocks.
- In the game Pokemon, "Rock Throw" is a move where the pokemon throws rocks.
- Ernest T. Bass threw rocks on the Andy Griffith show.
- Palestine government officials encourage throwing rocks.
- Google has about 813,000,000 results for "rock".
- Rock is also a term for a genre of music created by throwing rocks at angry bassists.
- T.S. Eliot created a play (which sucked) called "The Rock".
- Newfoundland in the awesome world of Canada is considered to be on a rock.
- Burmuda is sometimes referred to as a rock.
- James Bond drinks straight whiskey "on the rocks". Shaken, not stirred.