Rotterdamus is a nation on the southern continent which made its debut in NSC6 with the song "Rood" by Marco Borsato.
Rotterdamus is a country on the Southern Continent with it's neighbours being Rupavac, Manotto and Galataland. The country has 3 regions: Kuip at the Maas which is the biggest region with it's capital being Feijenoord, the 2nd region is IJselmonde with Farel being it's capital and the 3rd and smallest region is Veranda with it's capital being Rubensstad. The main capital of Rotterdamus is Rotterdam and atm 8.000.000 people live in Rotterdamus. Most of the inhabitants are Rotterdamians from origin but 6% is made up of Mountbattenians, Galata's and Rupavacians.
The country made it's debut in the 6th edition of the NSC in Bokia, IJselmonde was the lucky one to win the NF with Marco Borsato and the song Rood while Veranda's entry, Fall out Boy with Dance Dance was only a few votes behind them. Rotterdamus had to start in the Semi Final and after the show it turned out that Marco Borsato with his song Rood ended on the 12 spot and that if they had had 8 points less it would have been Alinta in the final. In the final however Marco's performance was one of his strongest ever and it meant a 10th place for Rotterdamus in the Final which means that Rotterdamus will start in the final next year.
In the Semi Final Rotterdamus awarded points to the following countries. something to notice, Yaponesia and Rotterdamus seemed to like eachother songs as they both swapped 12 pts with eachoter and Noizeland gave 10 pts and also received 10 pts from Rotterdamus!:
- Yaponesia (Leehom Wang & David Tao - Hand In Hand) - 12 Pts
- Noizeland (Moby & Mylène Farmer Slipping Away) - 10 Pts
- Lost Isle (Terence - 2 Vaders) - 8 Pts
- Mountbatten Island (Elena Paparizou - Mambo) - 7 Pts
- Brugia (Lais - T'Smidje) - 6 Pts
- Altharia (Sonata Arctica My Selene) - 5 Pts
- USC (Gloria Trevi - Todos me Miran) - 4 Pts
- Belvist (Valentino - Mirise me Mirise) - 3 Pts
- Lolee (Velvet - Fix me) - 2 Pts
- Spila (Rihanna - Umbrella) - 1 Pt
In the Semi Final Rotterdamus got points from the following nations:
In the Final Rotterdamus awarded points to the following countries:
- Reym-L-Dneurb (Rising Girl - Rising Girl) - 12 pts
- Begonia (Sasa Lendero - Ne Gram Na Kolena) - 10 Pts
- Brugia (Lais - 'T Smidje) - 8 Pts
- Lost Isle (Terence - 2 Vaders) - 7 Pts
- Escotia (Fall Out Boy - Thnks fr th mmrs) - 6 pts
- Instir (NOX - Szeretem) - 5 pts
- Cicvara (Enrique - Do You Know) - 4 Pts
- Bokia (Tose - Cija Si) - 3 Pts
- Mountbatten Island (Elena Paparizou - Mambo) - 2 Pts
- USC (Gloria Trevi - Todos Me Miran) - 1 Pt
Rotterdamus received points from the following countries, some things to notice are e.g. Manotto's 10 points, in the semi final Rotterdamus got 0 points from Manotto but now in the final they got 10 points from them. Yaponesia didn't hide it's love for our entry by, just as in the semi, awarding us with 12 points which would be our only ones of the night.
After the 10th place of last year a place in the final has been earned, and now RTV wants to make sure to take advantage of that as they use the same format as last year. The 3 songs in the NF:
- Kuip at the Maas: Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl?
- Veranda: Safri Duo - All the People In The World
- IJselmonde: Less Than Jake - A Still Life Franchise
In the end Safri Duo was by far the most popular entry and they will represent Rotterdamus in Spila.
Here you can see Rotterdamus' achievements in the NSC World:
|Contest||Region||Artist||Song||Place Semi||Points Semi||Place Final||Points Final|
|NSC 6||IJselmonde||Marco Borsato||Rood||12||87||10||104|
|NSC 7||Veranda||Safri Duo feat. C. Anderson||All the People in the World||XX||XX||XX||XX|
NSC Voting History
Here you can see who give us the most points and to whom we give the most to troughout the NSC's
Most Points Gotten From
To come after NSC7
Most Points Given To
To come after NSC7
Here you can find info on how Rotterdamus did in the so called spinoff contests
This is the same as NSC but here you have to participate with NSC songs, Rollo & King were the first to represent Rotterdamus at this event and got a 13th place in Spila. Wig Wam will participate for Rotterdamus in RLD when they host the 2nd ESC-NSC. Here you can see Rotterdamus' history:
|NSC-ESC 1||Rollo & King||I'l Never Ever Let You Go||13||44|
|NSC-ESC 2||Wig Wam||In My Dreams||XX||XX|