Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Sedimentary rocks are formed because of the pressure as particles of sediment are deposited out of water as it flows carrying the particles in suspension.
- As sediment deposition builds up, the pressure squeezes the sediment into layered solids.
- This process is known as lithification.
- The term diagenesis is used to describe all the chemical and physical changes.
- Sedimentary rocks are laid down in layers called strata. This process is known as stratification.