Hobart Hume III gives orders to Mr. Nicholas, but Mr. Nicholas ignores them. Later, he tells Harry Cupper about Hobart Hume.
- Hobart Hume III as Bluenose
- Mr. Nicholas as Hercules
- Harry Cupper as OJ
- JB King (Narrating): To run a fleet of men, you must be prepared to take on any job. One of the most difficult and dangerous was handling the big naval munitions. On this day, I remember Mr. Nicholas had brought the naval engine, Spencer in from the base up the coast. Usually, a familiar and safe routine. But, it had been a rough journey, real rough, and as if that wasn't enough, he had to suffer Hobart Hume III, the officious naval man.
- Hobart Hume: Attention! Attention, you, Mr. Nicholas!
- Mr. Nicholas: Attention nothing. I'm finished here, old darling. Moving out.
- Hobart Hume: Oh no, you don't, not till' I check things out!
- Mr. Nicholas: Check all you like, sweetheart. I'm needed elsewhere.
- Hobart Hume: You're under Navy jurisdiction! Obey orders, and wait until I've made my inspection!
- Mr. Nicholas: I am under jurisdiction, JB King's. A little weight-washer like you doesn't tell me what to do!
- Hobart Hume: Ha! We'll see about that, laddie. Nicholas, here, wait! Stay right where you are, that is an order!
- Mr. Nicholas: Toodle-oo.
- Hobart Hume: Upstart civilian! I'll get you in a Naval convoy one day and I'll teach you a lesson or two, and then you'll know what orders are all about!
- Mr. Nicholas: Yuck. That Hobart. He's orders-mad. Orders come before common sense in naval terms.
- Harry: I've had a barney with him, too, Nicholas. 'Keep those passengers in line', he shouts, as if I haven't done this job every naval exercise. 'Report to me when you're finished', he says. Thinks I'm too old for this work, he does. Hey, do you know what they're doing? They're loading munitions and taking fuel aboard the same boxes. Heh. Dangerous workmanship, that is.
- Mr. Nicholas: Well, Harry, me dear, I'm gonna to have a bit of a rest at the North Pole. Been a hard day, and I feel a bit low.
- Harry: Uh oh.
- Hobart Hume: Keep them in line! Stay true to the Marines! I'll check them after I've done my inspection!
- Harry: We should work together, not fight each other! Never fought when I was a young engineer.