Southipedia's IRC channel is where conversations about developing pages are held. Here you can also ask questions about Southipedia or report vandalism to the admins.
- Don't be a jerk. Don't go out of your way to irritate others.
- No whining. Users who ask for something from another IRC user and are refused it should not stoop to complaining.
- Real-world politics and/or religion may only be discussed with unanimous consent.If someone doesn't want to talk about them, drop the subject.
- Southipedia IRC's official language: English. We don't care if it's British or American, as long as it's not "L33t" or "TXT." Abbreviations are fine, but keep it within reason.
- No spamming. Don't say the same thing six times because no one is responding to you. Don't keep yammering on about a subject nobody cares about.
- Ops=admins. In general, the people with @ symbols (or however your client specifies ops) are Southipedia administrators. If they're around, then there is an official presence to consult and there are people enforcing the rules.
You will get one warning if you break any of these rules. If you continue to break the rules, you will be kicked. If you come back and break the rules again, you will be banned.
How to Join
Here is the information if you are experienced with IRC:
For others: You can use mibbit.com or your own IRC client to join.
Go to http://mibbit.com. Click on the menu next to where it says 'Connect to IRC:'. Scroll down to Freenode.net. It is under the '---(General)---' section. Where it says 'Nick:', type the nickname you want to use. Where it says 'Channel(s):', type '##southipedia'. Then click 'Go'. That should put you in the channel.
Clients for Windows
Clients for Linux
Clients for Mac
Clients for Solaris
- Gaim - Type 'gaim' into the command line. Most versions of Solaris have it.
Network / Server: irc.freenode.net Channel: ##southipedia
Your browser might be configured with your client. Try this link: irc://irc.freenode.net/%23%23southipedia. If the link doesn't work, then your client is not configured with your browser.