Welcome to the Space: 1889 mini wiki at Scratchpad!
You can use the box below to create new pages for this mini-wiki. Make sure you type
[[Category:Space: 1889]] on the page before you save it to make it part of the Space: 1889 wiki (preload can be enabled to automate this task, by clicking this link and saving that page. Afterwards, you may need to purge this page, if you still see this message).
About Space: 1889
Space: 1889 is a role-playing game set in the fictional era of Victorian steampunk, space-travel and colonization. Space: 1889 was written (and fully owned) by Frank Chadwick.
Space: 1889 is set in an alternative history of Earth and the Solar System. Presenting a world where the ether actually exists, travel between the planets is now possible. An age of jingoism and colonization, Britain, Germany, Russia and Belgian reach to the stars, each looking to enlarge their sphere of influence and power.
- Space: 1889 (Core Rulebook) (GDW 1889)
- Tales from the Ether (GDW 1901/HG 1901)
- Originally published in 1989, Tales from the Ether is a collection of five short adventures based on Mars, Venus, Luna and the Ether. Note: The Heliograph Incorporated republication combines this book with More Tales from the Ether.
- Beastmen of Mars (GDW 1902/HG 1902)
- Originally published in April 1989, Beastmen of Mars is a short campaign set on Mars. This adventure, designed to be run in five episodes, sees the character's travel from Syrtis Major, the jewel of the British colony, to Kraag Barrovaar the home of the High Martian, King Hattabranx. Note: The Heliograph Incorporated republication combines this book with Canal Priests of Mars.
- Caravans of Mars (GDW 1903/HG 1903)
- Originally published in May 1989, Caravans of Mars details travel in the Eastern Deserts of Mars. Note: The Heliograph Incorporated republication combines this book with Steppelords of Mars.
- Steppelords of Mars (GDW 1904/HG 1903)
- Originally published in August 1989, Steppelords of Mars details the history and importance of the Nepenthes-Thoth Steppe region of Mars. Note: The Heliograph Incorporated republication combines this book with Caravans of Mars.
- Cloud Captains of Mars (GDW 1905/HG 1905)
- Originally published in October 1989, Cloud Captains of Mars details the Martian city of Karkarham, and the pirates and flyers that call it home. This book also includes additional rules for Sky Galleons of Mars. Note: The Heliograph Incorporated republication combines this book with Conklin’s Atlas of the Worlds.
- More Tales from the Ether (GDW 1906/HG1901)
- Originally published in July 1989, More Tales from the Ether is another collection of short adventures. This anthology has scenarios set only on Mars, and includes rules for ship-to-ship battle for aquatic vessels. Note: The Heliograph Incorporated republication combines this book with Tales from the Ether.
- Canal Priests of Mars (GDW 1907/HG 1902)
- Originally published in 1990, Canal Priests of Mars is a epic campaign in which the characters travel from Earth to Mars in search of a reborn cult. Note: The Heliograph Incorporated republication combines this book with Beastmen of Mars.
- Referee's Screen (GDW 1981)
- Conklin’s Atlas of the Worlds (GDW 1983)
Third Party Supplements
- The Liftwood Conspiracy (by 3W).
- Sky Galleons of Mars (GDW 1890)
- Temple of the Beastmen (GDW 1892)
- Cloudships and Gunboats (GDW 1982)
- Space: 1889 was actively supported in Challenge (GDW's house magazine), with most issues including either a short article or adventure for the roleplaying game.
- A fanzine for Victorian era Roleplaying. This was original published as quarterly A5 journal, and republished in compiled volumes by Heliograph Incorporated.
- Heliograph's Space: 1889 homepage
- The Space: 1889 Mailing List
- Noise Monster Productions
- Wikipedia entry for Space: 1889
About this Wiki
This wiki has been founded with the aim of becoming the most definitive, comprehensive and accessible repository of information relating to Space: 1889. Created in February 2008, it is hoped that enough support and development is done of this wiki to eventually transition this 'scratchpad' site to a distinct and independent wiki hosted by Wiki