Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Space Jam 2: Monstars' Revenge is a 2010 American live-action/animated film starring Vince Carter and Bugs Bunny (voiced by Billy West) as well as other popular Looney Tunes characters and Cartoon Network's Cartoon Cartoons characters. It was produced by Ivan Reitman and directed by Joe Pytka (live-action), Tony Cervone, Spike Brandt, Joe Dante and Bruce W. Smith (animation).
This film is created by Warner Bros. Family Entertainment and is set for a November 2010 release. There was also a new video game by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and EA Sports BIG as well as a new movie soundtrack released by Def Jam Recordings with new tracks by Lil' Wayne, Yung Joc, Trey Songz, Fabolous, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Rev. Run of Run-DMC, Bun B and Bugs Bunny, who contributes three tracks on the album ("Buggin' (Remix)" featuring B-Money Playa, C-Murda, Drake, Lil' Wayne and Nicki Minaj, "Ballin' Out" and "The ToonSquad Anthem" with Vince Carter and Daffy Duck). The film will be preceded by a new Looney Tunes cartoon, Basketball Bunny, which stars Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Lola Bunny, Sylvester and Tweety. The film will follow Vince Carter's return to basketball, this time with inspiration from Bugs Bunny and other cartoon characters. But has they believe that Swackhammer has dissapeard, they are wrong, has he vows to take over the world with his new playmate, Honey Bunny.
Live-action and Animated
Vince Carter plays a fictional version of himself as the main protagonist of the story. He is pulled into the Looney Tunes world, who beg him to play basketball with him, and agrees to the challenge.
Marlon Wayans as Dwayne Washington, a friend of Vince Carter
Bill Murray plays himself as one of Vince's friends, who joins him on the ToonSquad when they are short one player
Billy West provides the voices of:
- Bugs Bunny, a rabbit who acts as the de facto leader of the Looney Tunes characters and plays on their team. He serves as the deuteragonist of the film
- Elmer Fudd, a big-game hunter who seeks Bugs Bunny's demise. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- Doug Funnie, a young 11-year old who appeared in Nickelodeon's Doug. He appears in the audience during the game alongside Arnold from Hey Arnold!, Otto from Rocket Power and Zim from Invader ZIM, making them the only Nicktoons characters to appear in a Warner Bros. film.
- Shaggy Rogers, a teenager who appears in the Scooby-Doo series. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- Scooby-Doo, a Great Dane who also appears in the Scooby-Doo series. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
Samuel Vincent provides the voices of:
- Double D, a smart, innocent character who appears in Ed Edd n Eddy. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- Baby Bugs, a younger version of Bugs Bunny who appeared on Baby Looney Tunes. He appears in the audience during the game.
- Baby Daffy, a younger version of Daffy Duck who also appeared on Baby Looney Tunes. He appears in the audience during the game.
Tisha-Campbell-Martin as Dr. Ellen Parker, Vince Carter's supporting wife.
Charlie Schlatter provides the voice of:
- Ace Bunny, Bugs Bunny's decendant. Ace travels from the year 2772 with Lexi and Danger, to help defeat Swackhammer. He also plays on Looney Tunes team.
Jason Marsden provides the voice of:
- Danger Duck, Daffy Duck's Decendant. He travels with Ace and Lexi. He also plays.
Jessica DiCicco provides the voice of:
- Lexi Bunny, Lola Bunny's decendant. She travels with Ace and Danger. She also plays on the team.
Tara Strong provides the voice of
- Lyndsey Longmoore, Lola Bunny and Violet Parr's best friend, She was asked by Lola to join The Looney Tunes team.
- Violet Parr, Lola and Lyndsey's best friend. Appeared in 2004 movie The Incredibles. She plays on Looney Tunes team.
Janasye Jaud provides the voice of:
- Melissa Duck, Daffy's girlfriend, only appeared in Baby Looney Tunes (Now aged 16). She plays on the looney tunes team.
Dee Bradley Baker provides the voices of:
- Daffy Duck, a greedy glory-hound and best friend of Bugs Bunny. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- Sylvester the Cat, a tuxedo cat who wants to catch Tweety. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- The Tasmanian Devil, a crazed and ravenous marsupial who plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- Toro, a bull from Bully For Bugs who attacks Monstar Pound during the game.
Kath Soucie provides the voices of:
- Lola Bunny, a love interest for Bugs Bunny. She plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- Yumi Yoshimura, a rockstar from the rock duo Puffy AmiYumi. She plays on the Looney Tunes team. (NOTE: This is the one of the three times that Yumi was voiced by another actress other than Grey DeLisle. The other two appearances were The Year Of The Bugs, when she was voiced by Kath Soucie and Daffy's Studio Adventure, when she was voiced by Tara Strong. Grey DeLisle only voiced Yumi with sound effects and her line at the end of The Year Of The Bugs, saying, "If you never tried it, don't knock it!").
- Juniper Lee, a teenage girl who is the new Te-Zuan-Xe. She is a cheerleader on the Looney Tunes team.
Jennifer Tilly provides the voice of:
- Honey Bunny, Bug's Ex girlfriend and Lola's rival. Honey secretly plots with Swackhammer to take over the world.
Danny Di Vito provides the voice of:
- Swackhammer, An evil alien, who plots not only on taking revenge on the Looney tunes but to take over the world.
B-Money Playa plays Darius Carter, Vince Carter's oldest son, and himself when he joins the Looney Tunes team alongside Vince Carter and Bill Murray and provides the voice of:
- Clyde Rabbit, Bugs Bunny's younger nephew who plays on the Looney Tunes team.
Janice Kawaye provides the voice of:
- Ami Onuku, a rockstar also from the rock duo Puffy AmiYumi. She plays on the Looney Tunes team.
Jess Harnell provides the voices of:
- Wakko Warner, one of the three Warner kids who appeared in Animaniacs. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- Buster Bunny, a street-smart, blue and white rabbit who is the leader of the Tiny Toons gang. He plays on the Looney Tunes team. (NOTE: When Harnell voiced Buster, his voice sounded similar to another voice actor who did Buster, Billy West).
Tress MacNeille provides the voices of:
- Dot Warner, the Warner sister who also appeared in Animaniacs. She is a cheerleader on the Looney Tunes team.
- Babs Bunny, a lavender pink female rabbit who appeared in Tiny Toon Adventures. She is a cheerleader on the Looney Tunes team.
Rob Paulsen provides the voices of:
- Yakko Warner, the oldest of the Warner kids who also appeared in Animaniacs. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- Pinky, a genetically modified but simple mouse who appeared in Pinky & The Brain. He is the play-by-play commentator alongside The Brain during the game.
Matt Hill provides the voice of:
- Ed, a simple-minded, yet popular character who appeared in Ed Edd n Eddy. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
Tony Sampson provides the voice of:
- Eddy, the unofficial leader of the Eds who appeared in Ed Edd n Eddy. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
Bob Bergen provides the voices of:
- Porky Pig, a stuttering pig who plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- Marvin the Martian, an extraterrestrial who acts as the game's referee.
Grey DeLisle provides the voice of;
- Petunia Pig, Porky's Girlfriend, She plays on the Looney Tunes team.
Joe Alaskey provides the voices of:
- Tweety Bird, a small Yellow Canary who plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- Plucky Duck, a young, green duck who appeared in Tiny Toon Adventures. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
Raven-Symone as Jasmine Carter, Vince Carter's oldest daughter.
Jaden Christopher Syre Smith as Michael Carter, Vince Carter's youngest son.
Maurice LaMarche provides the voices of:
- Pepe Le Pew, a French-accented skunk who plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- The Brain, a genetically modified mouse who is a genius in science and equations. He is a play-by-play commentator during the game.
Dwayne Wade plays himself as one of Vince Carter's friends.
Tracy McGrady plays himself as Vince Carter's cousin.
Danny DeVito as Mister Swackhammer, the owner of Moron Mountain.
Greg Eagles provides the voice of:
- The Grim Reaper, the reaper who appeared in The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
Marty Grabstein provides the voice of:
- Courage, an extremely timid dog who regularly defends his owners. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
Phil LaMarr provides the voices of:
- Osmosis Jones a.k.a. Ozzy, a white-blood cell with a dark sense of humor. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
- Virgil Hawkins, a teenager who is also the super-charged hero Static Shock. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
Jeff Bennett provides the voice of:
- Drixenol a.k.a. Drix, a cold pill and Ozzy's fellow private eye. He plays on the Looney Tunes team.
Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Yao Ming, Fabolous, Yung Joc, Lil Wayne, Drake, Brandy Norwood, Jay-Z and Beyonce all appear as themselves. There are cartoon cameos from Dexter, Dee Dee, Johnny Bravo, Garfield the Cat, Otto Rocket, Big Dog, Little Dog, Hamton J. Pig, Dizzy Devil, Loud Kiddington, Charity Bazar, Froggo, Otto Osworth, Tom and Jerry, Hong Kong Phooey and Michigan J. Frog. The Nerdlucks/Monstars were voiced by the same actors from the first movie. Brandon T. Jackson, Tyra Banks, Tia and Tamera Mowry make cameo appearances in the game between the Looney Tunes and the Monstars and the end where Bugs and Daffy join the Orlando Magic after an offer from Vince Carter to join the team.
References in popular culture and additional information
- The sneak peek of the movie premiered on Kids' WB on Friday May 21, 2010 as well as a sneak peek of The New Looney Tunes Show.
- The movie was inspired by the original movie and the Nike commercials featuring Michael Jordan and Bugs Bunny.
- This was the first time that Cartoon Network characters (Cartoon Cartoons) were paired with the Looney Tunes characters.
- Puffy AmiYumi makes a reference to the Looney Tunes series when Ami says, "Sheesh! The things those guys would do for Looney Tunes."
- Bugs Bunny breaks the fourth wall, indicating that Tom and Jerry's 70th birthday was this year, with over 90 legendary cartoons.
- Riley and Huey Freeman from The Boondocks make cameo appearances during the game as they were voiced by Regina King, their original voice actress.
- This was originally going to be called Space Jam: The Revenge of Swackhammer, and have rapper Chris Brown in Vince Carter's role.
- Ozzy & Drix were featured in the movie as part of the ToonSquad and were the few to be still standing after the Monstars' new tricks.
- Ricochet, Buena Girl and The Flea from Mucha Lucha! made cameo appearances in the audience during the game.
- During the game, Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck ask Monstars Pound and Nawt, "Did we blow your minds?", references to Eve's Let Me Blow Ya Mind and Styles P's Blow My Mind.
- When Mister Swackhammer speaks about his new plot to capture the Looney Tunes, various clips featuring Looney Tunes cartoons and episodes from various Cartoon Cartoons were playing behind him. The clips were from Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries, Ed Edd n Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, Duck! Rabbit! Duck! and Knighty Knight Bugs.
- This movie marks the only time Nicktoons characters were featured in a Warner Bros. film. Those characters were Doug Funnie from Doug, Otto Rocket from Rocket Power, Arnold from Hey Arnold! and Zim from Invader ZIM, with exclusive permission from Nickelodeon. They make cameo appearances in the audience during the game.
- This movie marks the third appearances of Lola Bunny and Clyde Rabbit, who bears a similar resembalance of Bugs Bunny and the accent of Charlie Dog, who also appears in the movie.
- The movie also concludes with the famous That's All Folks! ending, which featured Bugs Bunny, Puffy AmiYumi, Ed Edd n Eddy, Porky Pig, Clyde Rabbit, Daffy Duck and The Nerdlucks. Vince Carter ends the movie by saying, "Is the movie over yet, because I got to get back to Orlando."