Spooks and Surprises is an episode of the PBS Kids Sprout version of Shining Time Station.
- This Halloween sequel to Scare Dares features the Kids' WB cast celebrating the party with Stacy, Harry and Billy. Mr. Conductor 1 appears and introduces them to Mr. Conductor 2 in which he is greeted by Scooby and Shaggy. On the other hand, Schemer, Schemee and Team Rocket try to be popular on attempting to wreck Halloween.
From Shining Time Station
- Mr. Conductor 1 (George Carlin)
- Mr. Conductor 2 (Alec Baldwin)
- Stacy Jones (Didi Conn)
- Harry Cupper (Leonard Jackson)
- Billy Twofeathers (Tom Jackson)
- Horace Schemer (Brian O'Conner)
- Schemee (Jonathan Shapiro)
- Ash Ketchum (Veronica Taylor)
- Mary (Kerry Williams)
- Misty (Rachael Lillis)
- Brock (Eric Stuart)
From X-Men Evolution
- Scott Summers (Kirby Morrow)
- James "Logan" Howlett (Scott McNeil)
- Rogue (Meghan Black)
- Ororo Munroe (Kirsten Williamson)
- Kitty Pryde (Maggie Blue O'Hara)
- Evan Daniels (Neil Denis)
- Kurt Wagner (Brad Swaile)
- Jean Grey (Venus Terzo)
- Al Valentine (Yuri Lowenthal)
- James Rogers (Michael Reisz)
- Amy Lambert (Michelle Ruff)
- Mel Blake (Stephanie Morgenstern)
From Phantom Investigators
- Daemona Prune (Courtney Vineys)
- Kira O'Neil (Amber Ross)
- Casey Matthews (Andrew Decker)
- Jericho Anderson (Alecsander Kocev)
From What's New, Scooby-Doo?
- Scooby-Doo (Frank Welker)
- Fred Jones (Frank Welker)
- Daphne Blake (Grey DeLisle)
- Shaggy Rogers (Matthew Lillard)
- Velma Dinkley (Mindy Cohn)
From Tiny Toon Adventures
- Buster Bunny (Charlie Adler)
- Hamton J. Pig (Don Messick)
- Babs Bunny (Tress MacNeille)
- Plucky Duck (Joe Alaskey)
- Fifi La Fume (Kath Soucie)
- Shirley McLoon (Gail Matthius)
- Sweetie Pie (Candi Milo)
- Furrball (Frank Welker)
- Dizzy Devil (Maurice LaMarche)
- Gogo Dodo (Frank Welker)
- Calamity Coyote (Frank Welker)
- Little Beeper (Frank Welker)
From Xiaolin Showdown
- Omi (Tara Strong)
- Kimiko Tohomiko (Grey DeLisle)
- Raimundo Pedrosa (Tom Kenny)
- Clay Bailey (Jeff Bennett)
From Loonatics Unleashed
- Ace Bunny (Charlie Schlatter)
- Tech E. Coyote (Kevin Michael Richardson)
- Lexi Bunny (Jessica DiCicco)
- Danger Duck (Jason Marsden)
- Slam Tasmanian (Kevin Michael Richardson)
- Rev Runner (Rob Paulsen)
- Yami Yugi (Dan Green)
- Joey Wheeler (Wayne Grayson)
- Tristan Taylor (Sam Regal)
- Tea Gardner (Amy Birnbaum)
- Seto Kaiba (Eric Stuart)
- Mai Valentine (Megan Hollingshead)
From Megaman NT Warrior
- Lan Hikari (Alex Doduk)
- Dex Ogreon (Scott McNeil)
- Maylu Sakurai (Brittney Wilson)
- Yai Ayano (Jocelyne Loewen)
- Eugene Chaud (Scott Perrie)
From Jackie Chan Adventures
- Jackie Chan (James Sie)
- Uncle Chan (Sab Shimono)
- Jade Chan (Stacie Chan)
- Viper (Susan Eisenberg)
- Tohru (Noah Nelson)
From The Mummy: The Animated Series
- Alexander O'Connell (Chris Marquette)
- Evelyn O'Connell (Grey DeLisle)
- Richard O'Connell (John Schneider)
From Mucha Lucha
- Rikochet (Carlos Alazraqui)
- Buena Girl (Kimberly Brooks)
- The Flea (Candi Milo)
- Peter Shepard (Ashley Johnson)
- Alan Parish (Bill Fagerbakke)
- Judy Shepard (Debi Derryberry)
From Static Shock
- Virgil Hawkins (Phil LaMarr)
- Richie Foley (Jason Marsden)
From Men In Black: The Series
- Agent Jay (Keith Diamond)
- Agent Kay (Gregg Berger)
- Yakko Warner (Rob Paulsen)
- Wakko Warner (Jess Harnell)
- Dot Warner (Tress MacNeille)
- Shareena Wickett (Tara Strong)
- Shelley Kelley (Pamelyn Ferdin)
- Emmitt Roswell (Billy West)
- Ramone "Gug" Gugleano (Carlos Alazraqui)
- Lemonjella LaBelle (Tia Mowry)
- Orangejella LaBelle (Tamera Mowry)
- Jim Kim (John Kassir)
- Duncan Bubble (Bob Doucette)
From Ozzy and Drix
- Ozzy Jones (Phil LaMarr)
- Drix Koldriliff (Jeff Bennett)
From The Dork Diaries
- Nikki Maxwell (Kelly Sheridan)
- Ruby Maxwell (Candi Milo)
- Brianna Maxwell (Grey DeLisle)
- Elizabeth Maxwell (Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Albert Maxwell (Artt Butler)
From Generation O
- Molly O (Chantal Strand)
- Buzz O (Matt Hill)
- Mrs. O (Kathleen Barr)
- Mr. O (Doug Parker)
From Tetris Attack
- Yoshi (Andrew Sabiston)
- Lakitu (Tom Kenny)
- Bumpty (Brianne Siddall)
- Poochy (Frank Welker)
- Flying Wiggler (Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Prince Froggy (Rodger Bumpass)
- Gargantua Blargg (Danny Cooksey)
- Lunge Fish (Carlos Alazraqui)
- Raphael The Raven (Phil LaMarr)
From Pinky and The Brain
- Pinky (Rob Paulsen)
- The Brain (Maurice LaMarche)
From Batman Beyond
- Terry McGinnis (Will Friedle)
- Max Gibson (Cree Summer)
- Dana Tan (Lauren Tom)
Also from Pokemon
- Jessie (Rachael Lillis)
- James (Eric Stuart)
- Meowth (Maddie Blaustein)
- Wobbuffet (Kayzie Rogers)
- Haunted Henry
- Duncan Gets Spooked
- It's Halloween Night Tonight
Thomas Song in the Anything Tunnel
- Night Train
- This is the next Halloween Special since Scare Dares.
- The only episode where Kimiko wears her Treasure of The Blind Swordsman outfit.
- Mr. Conductor 2 is introduced.
- This is the first episode to feature the O Family's return.
- Ash and Nikki have been in love with each other since childhood.
- (We open this episode with the Britt Allcroft Presents logo)
- (We are then followed by the Shining Time Station theme song)
- Man: Reach for the steam, reach for the whistle, going the railing road. Reach for the words, reach for the story, follow the rainbow sun. To a Shining Time Station, where dreams can come true, waiting there for you.
- (We then find all the Kids' WB characters celebrating Halloween)
- Ash: All right!
- Mary: It's our party!
- Rikochet: We can hear lots of music.
- Flea: And The Flea knows about rhythm.
- Amy: You know, Alissa and Mariana wear their sandals with tan tights everyday.
- Mel: Indeed.
- Ruby: Our sister is dressed as Athena Asamiya.
- Brianna: It's composed of a 2003 outfit.
- Scooby: Ri liked to celebrate.
- Shaggy: Like, me too.
- Virgil: This Halloween is a shock to the system.
- Richie: Oh yeah, baby.
- Stacy: Shining Time Station has never been the same.
- Harry: And so do I.
- Billy: Look, there's Mr. Conductor 1.
- (Mr. Conductor 1 appears with Mr. Conductor 2)
- Mr. Conductor 1: Guys, Id like you to meet Mr. Conductor 2.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Welcome one and all.
- Yoshi: Yoshi like Mr. Conductor 2.
- Lakitu: Of course he is.
- Omi: We were celebrating Halloween.
- Kimiko: (in a western accent) It is the time of the year fer all of us.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Oh yes.
- Scott: We mutants have battle suits for this celebration.
- Logan: You heard that.
- Agent Jay: We're glad it's on schedule.
- Agent Kay: Have you heard about ghosts on the Island of Sodor?
- Mr. Conductor 2: Yes indeed, Agent Kay. It happened to Henry one night. Let me explain.
- (Mr. Conductor 2 blows his whistle and Haunted Henry
- Mr. Conductor 2: It was a moonlit night. Henry was taking a goods train to the station by the lake.
- (Owl hoots)
- Edward: Whenever that owl hoots, a mist rolls in.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Murmured Edward.
- Edward: There's a legend that when the mist is about, there's a ghost about too. Take care on the old line, Henry.
- Henry: Stupid bird!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Henry.
- Henry: Owls, mists, ghosts. Edward's going soft to the boiler. There's no mist.
- Mr. Conductor 2: But Henry was wrong.
- Henry: What's that?
- Mr. Conductor 2: Cried Henry.
- Henry's Driver: It's an amber lamp.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Murmured his driver.
- Henry's Driver: That means proceed with caution. Who's there?
- Mr. Conductor 2: No one replied. Henry crepted slowly forward. He stopped by a tree. It had a sign nailed to it: Beware of The Viaduct. The driver was surprised.
- Henry's Driver: No one warned us about that before and look, the signal's red and the gates are closed. A-a-and there's a fogman's coat. But where is his owner?
- Mr. Conductor 2: Then, they saw a light move within a station building.
- Henry: G-g-g-g-ghosts!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Exclaimed Henry.
- Henry: Edward was right.
- Henry's Driver: Something very strange is happening.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said his driver.
- Henry's Driver: I think it's best we go back.
- Henry: So do i!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Agreed Henry. By morning, the mist had cleared. A workman was talking about the unsafe viaduct.
- Workman: Lucky you didn't cross it last night.
- Henry's Driver: Yes, but we don't know who warned us?
- Mr. Conductor 2: Replied Henry's driver. Later that day, he spoke to Henry.
- Henry's Driver: The viaduct has been repaired. We can take our train back along the old line tonight.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Henry really didn't want to. But when nightfall came, he was sizzling nicely. Suddenly, an owl hooted and then Gordon thundered by.
- Freight Car: Oh look. Henry's spooked.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said a freight car.
- (Cars giggling)
- Henry: Be quiet!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Snapped Henry.
- Henry: I'm not scared.
- Mr. Conductor 2: But he was. A little later, the fog came down. As they approached the same area, they saw the amber light again.
- Henry's Driver: Here we go.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Henry's driver. Then, unknown to Henry, the gates mysteriously closed by themselves and the signal went red. The freight cars had seen everything and they were spooked.
- Freight Cars: Faster, faster. There's a ghost about.
- Henry: Stop, stop!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Yelled Henry. A mysterious figure watched Henry go by. Ahead was a landslide blocking the line. Henry braked hard but the freight cars hit some of the rubble and plunged into the ravine.
- (The cars fall down and crashed towards the ground with a loud Kuh-Thud)
- Mr. Conductor 2: Just then, Henry's driver saw a strange sight coming towards them.
- Henry's Driver: What's that?
- Mr. Conductor 2: He said. The fireman laughed.
- Henry's Fireman: That's our ghost. It's Old Bailey the Fogman.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Old Bailey was very cross.
- Old Bailey: I tired to warn you about the viaduct. Why didn't ye pay attention?
- Henry's Driver: We're sorry.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Replied the driver.
- Henry's Driver: Is there anything we can do to thank you?
- Old Bailey: I like to operate that old station. If you let me, i promise i wont spook Henry again.
- Mr. Conductor 2: And in a little while, Old Bailey's wish was granted.
- Sir Topham Hatt: You and your station will be really useful.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Sir Topham Hatt.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Let's hear a hearty thank you to the friendliest, eh, ghost on the island.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Everyone cheered. Especially Henry, who was the happiest of all.
- (Haunted Henry ends)
- Mr. Conductor 2: So that's why Henry became brave of ghosts.
- Daemona: I knew that.
- Kira: You'd be leaving, right?
- The Conductors: Yep.
- (The Conductors disappear)
- Ash: Let's all celebrate our party once and for all.
- Others: Okay.
- (Inside the jukebox)
- Tito: It's Halloween, baby!
- Didi: All right!
- Tex: We all know about dancin'.
- Rex: And groovin'.
- Grace: Let's all sing a Halloween song in a band.
- Tito: Right you are. A one, a two, a one, two, three, four.
- (Tito sings It's Halloween Night Tonight)
- Tito: I feel that chill in the air. The leaves are falling everywhere. Fall is the time of year that brings Apples and pumpkins and Hallowe'en. Let's make this the happiest Halloween. Treats and games and make-believe. We'll have some fun when the moon shines bright. It's Halloween night tonight. Play some games, have lots of fun. A special day and it's just begun. Pick out a pumpkin with my friends. The Halloween fun just never ends. Let's make this the happiest Halloween. Treats and games and make-believe. We'll have some fun when the moon shines bright. It's Halloween night tonight. We'll dress up and pretend to be A cowboy, a doctor or a bumblebee. I'm a beautiful princess as you can see. I'm honored to meet you, your majesty. Let's make this the happiest Halloween. Treats and games and make-believe. We'll have some fun when the moon shines bright. It's Halloween night tonight. We'll have some fun when the moon shines bright. It's Halloween night tonight.
- (It's Halloween Night Tonight ends)
- (Meanwhile, Schemer and Schemee are with Team Rocket)
- Schemer: Ah, it's Halloween.
- Schemee: We're ready to ruin it.
- Jessie: It's time that we're bashing it.
- James: And we'd say it's our treat.
- Meowth: Let's do this.
- Wobbuffet: Wobbuffet.
- (We find Mr. Conductor 2 with Misty and Brock)
- Misty: I hear that engines run through nighttime.
- Togepi: Chuki chuki.
- Brock: Guide us to the Anything Tunnel.
- Mr. Conductor 2: As a pleasure.
- (We zoom to the Anything Tunnel and Night Train starts)
- Children: (singing) See how the night sky glows, See the light from the night train, The fire glow from the night train. On down the line he blows... Woooooo-oooooo!!! On down the line he blows. All through the night he goes. Hear the sound of the night train, The chugga-chug-chugg of the night train. Hear how his whistle blows... Woooooo-oooooo!!! Hear how his whistle blows. Pulling, heaving, big engine breathing. Pistons pushing side by side. Driver checking, gauging, peering, Fireman stoking by his side. On down the line they go. Fast track for the mail train, Clear away for the post train. Non-stop all night they go... Woooooo-oooooo!!! Non-stop all night they go. See how the night sky glows. Clear ahead for the night train, Green light for the night train. On down the track he blows... Woooooo-oooooo!!! On down the track he blows. Dawn is breaking, sleepy town waking. Children waving, watch him go. Freight trains, milk trains, Boat trains waiting, Stand aside to let him go. There in the morning glow The sunlight on the night train, Silhouettes the night train. On down the line he blows... Woooooo-oooooo!!! There in the morning glow. On down the line he blows Hear the sound of the night train, The chugga-chug-chugg of the night train. Hear how his whistle blows... Woooooo-oooooo!!! Hear how his whistle blows. On down the line he blows, On down the line he blows.
- (Night Train ends)
- Mr. Conductor 2: