Spyro the Dragon is a platform game developed by Insomniac Games and released for the PlayStation on September 10, 1998. It stars the titular dragon, and is considered by many to be one of the best PlayStation games. Reviews were mostly highly favorable.
The game featured Spyro, a small purple dragon, his dragonfly companion, Sparx, and a multitude of fellow dragons. It takes place in the Dragon Realms, an imaginary fantasy world, which is itself divided in six worlds: Artisans, Peace Keepers, Magic Crafters, Beast Makers, Dream Weavers, and Gnasty's World.
At the beginning of the game the main antagonist, Gnasty Gnorc (the leader of the Gnorc enemy race, looking like a half gnome, half orc hybrid) seeks revenge on the dragons because they called him ugly, so he traps them in crystal . Spyro, the main protagonist of the game, was small so the blast went over his head and he was spared from a crystal prison. The point of the game is to charge, glide, and flame your way through each world and defeat enemies, save dragons, and eventually face and take down Gnasty. This game, and those to follow also received acclaim for the score by Stewart Copeland.
- Spyro the Dragon/Thomas
- Spyro the Dragon/TUGS
- Spyro the Dragon/Theodore Tugboat
- Spyro the Dragon/The Little Engine That Could
- Spyro the Dragon/The Amazing World of Gumball
- Spyro the Dragon/Tom and Jerry
- Spyro the Dragon/The Fox and the Hound
- Spyro the Dragon/Snow White
- Spyro the Dragon/Pinocchio
- Spyro the Dragon/Bambi
- Spyro the Dragon/Star Wars
- Spyro the Dragon/Thomas and the Magic Railroad
- Spyro the Dragon/Woody Woodpecker
- Spyro the Dragon/Peter Pan
- Spyro the Dragon/Aladdin
- Spyro the Dragon/Beauty and the Beast
- Spyro the Dragon/The Lion King
- Spyro the Dragon/Spongebob Squarepants
- Spyro the Dragon/The Loud House
- Spyro the Dragon/Godzilla