Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Episode 24: Stepney the Really Useful Engine
James and Diesel claim that Stepney is no useful at all, but will Stepney prove it otherwise?
Characters: Thomas (cameo), Edward (mentioned), James, Duck, Oliver, Donald and Douglas (cameo) Diesel, Percy (non-speaking role), Stepney, Toby (does not speak), Stanley (cameo), Sir Topham Hatt, the Signalman, Stepney's Driver, James' Driver and Fireman and Diesel's Driver. Caillou (cameo)
- Narrator: The engines of Sir Topham Hatt's Railway were very busy. One of them, is called Stepney. He enjoys working with Oliver, the Great Western Engine, and knows it very well. James and Diesel were certainly unimpressed.
- James: Stepney is an useless old steampot!
- Diesel: He should be retired!
- Duck: You can't say that! He's my friend!
- James: Well, I can say what I want, and there is no such thing you can do about that!
- Narrator: Diesel agreed with him. Oliver was upset. Later, he spoke to Sir Topham Hatt.
- Oliver: James and Diesel think he's not useful anymore, sir!
- Sir Topham Hatt: Don't worry, Oliver. Stepney is still useful.
- Oliver: Thank you, sir! I'll tell Edward about James and Diesel's rude things.
- Narrator: And Oliver puffed away. The next day, Sir Topham Hatt came to see James. He had important news for him.
- Sir Topham Hatt: James, I had important news for you. Toby has broken down, so you have to do his work.
- James: Toby's work?! What nonsense?!
- Narrator: James went to fetch Toby's frieght cars. Later, Stepney was at the coal yards talking to Duck.
- Duck: James and Diesel are mean to you.
- Stepney: They are always troublesome.
- Duck: Thanks, Stepney.
- Narrator: And Duck puffed off. Stepney saw James with the express. James was still furious about Toby's work.
- James: Pah! Toby's job?! What nonsense?!
- Narrator: Suddenly, James' regulator blew up!
- James: Aaauuughh! I hate frieght cars!!! (lets of steam in fury)
- Narrator: Later, Percy took James' frieght train to the Docks. Stepney brought James to Knapford Station. He chuckled.
- Stepney: Well, well, well, James' in trouble now!
- James: It's not funny!
- Narrator: Diesel is to take an frieght train to the Station, but he realized he wasn't moving as he'd intended.
- Diesel: What the? Why am I not moving?
- Narrator: His airtake was jammed. The driver, foreman and stationmaster tried to fix Diesel's airtake, but the only succeeded in breaking it off!
- Diesel: (screaming) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
- Diesel's Driver: Aw, crooked cucumbers! A rusty gear's inside your airtake, I'll wager. No matter, Diesel. You can't run today.
- Stepney: Please, sir. May I do Diesel's work.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Yes, Stepney. You will.
- Stepney: Oh, thank you, sir.
- Narrator: Stepney pulled Diesel's frieght train into the Station, untill he made it just in time.
- Stepney: (catching his breath) I've did it! (smiles to no one in particular)
- Narrator: He rolled into a siding, and James and Diesel seethed with fury. Sir Topham Hatt came to see Stepney.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Stepney, I'm very pleased of your hard work. You will receive a new coat of paint and have the rest of the week off.
- Stepney: (exhausted) Oh, thank you, sir.
- Narrator: Then, Sir Topham Hatt turned to James and Diesel. He was not happy.
- Sir Topham Hatt: You had said rude things to Stepney for the last month, James and Diesel! As punishment, you will do shunting in the yards, for the next two months!
- James: Two months?! You can't be serious!
- Sir Topham Hatt: Yes, I am! This is you get to be mean to a Bluebell engine. Stepney has proved to be a really useful engine, and you know it!
- James: BUT SIR!!! I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!
- Sir Topham Hatt: It's TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- James: All we wanted, is to pull trains on the main line, AND NOW WE CAUSE CONFUSION AND DELAY!!!
- Diesel: So sir gives us a punishment for saying rude things about Stepney, AND HE LETS US SHUNT IN THE YARDS FOR THE NEXT TWO MONTHS!!!!!! (James and Diesel start crying, and run off to the yards)
- Narrator: Stepney enjoyed his week off.
- Stepney: I love my week off.
- James: Oh, sir. Tell us how long is it being. What if we can pull trains again. It feels it's like it's being ages.
- Sir Topham Hatt: (still angry) It is still two months!
- James: Two months?! Ohhhhh, it never being long!
- Sir Topham Hatt: (still angry) Yes it's being long!
- James: NO!! I'M SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Sir Topham Hatt: GrrrrrrrRRRRRrrrrrrrrRRRRRrrrrrrrRRRRR!!!!!
- Narrator: James and Diesel felt silly. But I hope they learned their lesson. Don't you?
- When Diesel screams, his eyebows are missing.
- CaptainPunjab makes Diesel sound like Uka Uka.