Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Personal Technology Inquiry: Wikis
Presentation: October 24, 2006
Reviewer: Kate I. Reber
- Q. How many Wiki people does it take to change a lightbulb?
- A. One. But anyone can change it back.
- (source: langreiter.com)
Wiki in the Classroom
There are innumerable ways wikis can be used in the classroom. Here are just a few ideas:
- Class websites
- Peer editing
- Publishing research & writing projects
- Teacher collaboration
- Community/Parent input
- Relatively easy to use once set up
- Authentic audience
- Opens up the conversation
- Abundance of supportive resources
- Challenging to get started
- Privacy concerns
- Risk of copyright infringement
- Susceptible to vandalism & corruption
- Questions about accuracy and neutrality (Wikipedia)
- Teacher expertise (of varying degrees)
- Internet access
- Ground rules about privacy, use, and copyrighting
- Advanced planning for resolving issues of vandalism & corruption