Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The TRIX Indicator is a kind of triple smoothed average. It can eliminate a number of whipsaws with only marginal lag in the signal compared to faster indicators.
- Chose the periods n based on the time frame you are trading
- EMA1 = EMA (period.close)
- EMA2 = EMA (EMA1)
- EMA3 = EMA (EMA2)
- TRIX (period) = ( EMA3 (period) - EMA3 (period.previous) ) / EMA3 (period.yesterday)
- Go long when TRIX turns up below zero, ie (TRIX < 0) && (DIFF(TRIX) > 0) -> Long
- Go short when TRIX turns down above zero, ie (TRIX > 0) && (DIFF(TRIX) < 0) -> Short
- Use a signal line EMA  (TRIX) to eliminate false signals
- wait for TRIX to cross signal line before entering the trade
- Go long on bullish divergence
- Go short on bearish divergence
- Default TRIX is n = 12 periods