(The camera pans slowly through a small street. A horse drawn carriage drives by. The horse snorts and neighs as the focus moves below the carriage and slowly zooms in on a tiny shop, Flaversham's Toys.) (Inside, are two figures.)
(The first figure is a small, slender 6-year-old girl with pale skin, dark brown hair, and brown eyes. She wears a purple tutu, a pink headband, light blue pearl earrings, and reddish-brown ballet shoes. She is June.)
(The second figure is an elderly man with gray hair, gray eyes, and thick black eyebrows. He wears a red shirt, tan pants, and dark brown shoes. He is Professor Oak, the Pokemon professor and June's grandfather.)
(Together, June and Professor Oak are celebrating June's 6th birthday. June plays with a small rocking horse while Professor Oak puts on a white lab coat.)
- June/Olivia Flaversham: You know, grandpa, this is my very best birthday.
- Professor Oak/Hiram Flaversham: Ahh...but I haven't given you your present yet.
- June/Olivia: (excited) What is it? What is it?
- Oak/Flaversham: Now, now. Close your eyes.
(He moves to a small cupboard as June tries to sneak a peek between her fingers.)
- Oak/Flaversham: Uh-uh-uh-uh. Auch, no. No peeking now.
(June giggles as Oak returns to the table, a small toy in his hand that resembles a flowerbud. He winds the key and sets it in front of her.) (As a gentle tune plays, June opens her eyes and sees that the bud has turned into a mouse ballerina, who dances for her.)
- June/Olivia: (gasps) Oh, grandpa! You made this just for me?
(Outside, a strange figure slowly approaches. He cackles evilly, but in a wheezy way, as his shadow looms over the door to the toy shop.) (Inside, the doll has finished her dance, and June gets down from her chair to hug Oak.)
- June/Olivia: You're the most wonderful grandfather in the...in the whole world!
(The tender moment is interrupted as the locked door begins to rattle. June and Oak look towards the door as the rattling becomes more intense. Oak puts his arms around his granddaughter protectively.)
- June/Olivia: Who is that?
- Oak/Flaversham: I-I don't know! Quickly, dear, stay in here and don't come out!
(The Pokemon Professor hides her in the cupboard and stands in front of it.)
(At that moment, the same figure bursts in through the window. He is a chubby dog with dusty brown, almost olive green, fur, black ears, a black nose, black eyes, and two sharp fangs sticking out from the bottom of his mouth. He wears an orange-red scarf over an orange-red dog collar and an orange-red aviator's cap. He is Muttley.) (From inside her hiding place, June cracks the door and watches in terror as her grandfather and Muttley struggle. The table flies towards the cupboard, shutting the door and pushing June back.)
- Muttley/Fidget: Now I gotcha, Pokey man professor! (cackles wheezily)
- Oak/Flaversham: Oh! June!
(June pushes against the door and is able to move the table. She creaks the door open and steps out.) (It was silent when the shop is dark; furniture is scattered as empty paint buckets are spilling out. June goes to the window, calling out to Oak.)
- June/Olivia: Grandpa, where are you? Grandpa...where are you?! Grandpa! (Echoing) GRANDPA!!
(As June's cries echo in the night, the camera zooms out into the clouds. )
Julian Bernardino presents
The Great Pokemon Trainer Detective
- Ash Ketchum (Pokemon) as Basil
- Jim Crow (Dumbo) as Dr. David Q. Dawson
- June (Little Einsteins) as Olivia Flaversham
- Widow Tweed (The Fox and The Hound) as Mrs. Judson
- Professor Oak (Pokemon) as Hiram Flaversham
- Muttley as Fidget
- Dick Dastardly as Professor Ratigan