June has told Ash her story, who has taken the case, and is enjoying a pipe, despite being 10 years old.)
- Ash/Basil: This case is most intriguing with its multiplicity of elements...its many twists and turns. (turns to June) Now, you're certain you've told me everything? The slightest detail may be important.
- June/Olivia: It's just as I said. And then my grandfather was gone.
- Jim Crow/Dawson: What do you make of it?
- Ash/Basil: (begins to pace as June follows him) Hmm. Dick Dastardly's up to something. A crime of the most sinister nature no doubt. The question is...what would he want with a Pokemon Professor?
(June has stopped by the window. Muttley pops down from above as lightning strikes, scaring June completely.)
- June/Olivia: Aaaaaaah!
- Ash/Basil: Quickly Jim, we've not a moment to lose!
- Jim Crow/Dawson: Uh, uh I'm right behind you, Ash.
(They rush outside, but Muttley is already gone. Ash looks around and kneels down to look at the sidewalk, where Muttley has left behind his muddy pawprints.)
- Jim Crow/Dawson: No sign of the blackguard anywhere.
- Ash/Basil: Not quite, Jim Crow. He left some rather unusual pawprints. They obviously belong to the same fiend who abducted the girl's grandfather - Dick Dastardly's dog lackey.
(To add to this pile of evidence, Jim Crow discovers Muttley has lost his pilot's helmet and scarf.)
- Jim Crow/Dawson: Uh...Ash?
(Ash is delighted and snatches up the hat.)
- Ash/Basil: Ah-ha! Excellent work, old man. Ha, ha, ha!
(Standing in the doorway are Olivia and Widow Tweed, who is comforting the young girl.)
- Widow Tweed/Mrs. Judson: Now... there's nothing to be afraid of, my dear.
(As an excited Ash rushes by, Widow Tweed pulls June back, glaring at Ash for his insensitivity. Jim Crow enters behind him.)
- Jim Crow/Dawson: (to June) The scoundrel's quite gone.
- Ash/Basil: (throwing off his bathrobe) Ha-ha! But not for long, Miss Pine.
- June: (exasperated) Oak!
- Ash/Basil: (has changed into a blue denim jacket and baseball cap for his detective work) Whatever. Now, we simply pursue our dusty brown friend until he leads us to the girl's grandfather.
- June/Olivia: (excited) Then you'll get my grandpa back?
(She rushes over and hugs Ash tightly.)
- Ash/Basil: Yes! (He pushes June down and pulls his legs free from her grasp.) And quite soon, if I'm not mistaken. Now, hurry along, Jim Crow. We must be off to...Pumbaa's. (He retrieves an Inverness cape from a suit of armor and puts it on.)
- Jim Crow/Dawson: (Confused) Toby's?
- Ash/Basil: Oh, you must meet him. He's just the chap for this. (He adds a deerstalker cap.)
- Jim Crow/Dawson: You-you want me to come?
- Ash/Basil: Ha! I should think a stouthearted army mouse like you would leap at the chance for adventure.
- Jim Crow/Dawson: Well, heh, heh. I am rather curious.
(June has changed out of the footy pajamas Widow Tweed gave her and has changed back into her now-dry stockings, tutu, and ballet shoes.)
- June/Olivia: Wait for me! I'm coming too!
(As she rushes to join them, she grabs a duffel bag, knocking over Ash's violin in the process. He dives down to catch it.)
- Ash/Basil: What? Certainly not! This is no business for two- to six-year-olds.
(He sets the violin back on the chair.)
- June/Olivia: Are we going to take a cab?
(Ash sighs and puts his hand on his forehead as June puts several cheese crumpets into her duffel bag. Slightly annoyed, he takes her hand and makes her face him.)
- Ash/Basil: Oh...my dear, I don't think you understand. It will be quite dangerous.
(Ash sits on his violin, and accidentally by violin. He grunts and pulls the ruined instrument out.)
- Ash/Basil: (bitterly) Why you... Look at...
(Ash takes a deep breath, trying to control his rage.
- Ash/Basil (growling) Young lady, you are most definitely not accompanying us. (stamping his foot on the floor) And that is final!
(Upstairs in the flat of the famous Sherlock Holmes, Ash opens a small wall design, his secret passage, and peeks outside. Junehas unknowingly followed them, and she opens it further. Ash glares at her in annoyance, resigned to having her along.)
- Ash/Basil: And not a word out of you. Is that clear?
(June shushes him as two shadows approach – Sherlock Holmes and Ash. Basil quickly moves the doorway, leaving a small crack open.)
- Sherlock Holmes: I observe that there's a good deal of German music on the program. It is introspective, and I want to introspect.
- Dr. John H. Watson: But Holmes, that music is so frightfully dull.
- Holmes: Come along.
(The two men leave, leaving Ash, Jim Crow, and June free to come out into the open. Ash begins to call out to his friend.)
- Ash/Basil: Pumbaa? Pumbaa!
(June tugs on Jim Crow's vest and whispers to him.)
- June/Olivia: Who is Pumbaa?
- Jim Crow/Dawson: Well my dear, Pumbaa is... well, he's uh, uh...
(June waits for an answer as Jim Crow turns to Ash, just as clueless as she is.)
- Jim Crow/Dawson: I say Ash, who is this Pumbaa chap?
(Before Ash answers, thundering footsteps appoach. Towering over them is an obese dark red warthog with black hair, hooves, and tuft on his tail and two white tusks, who is obviously very happy to see Ash.)
- Ash/Basil: Ahh! Here he is now!
(He pushes Jim Crow forward as Pumbaa leans down, formally introducing the crow and warthog.)
- Ash/Basil: Jim Crow...Pumbaa.
(Jim nervously tips his hat and pats Pumbaa's snout.)
- Jim Crow/Dawson: Charmed, I'm sure.
(Pumbaa doesn't seem too thrilled with the introduction and growls at Jim Crow. Ash moves forward and pushes Pumbaa back.)
- Ash/Basil: Now Pumbaa! Pumbaa, stop that! Pumbaa, cease! Desist! Ha!
(Jim Crow is trembling behind the leg of a chair. Now, Pumbaa is sniffing around the room.)
- Ash/Basil: Tsk, tsk, tsk. Frightfully sorry, buddy. Pumbaa has the most splendid sense of smell of any animal I've trained. But he can be deucedly frisky.)
(Ash chuckles as Pumbaa stops at a footrest, where we can see June's feet from behind the fringe. She cautiously pushes it aside and smiles at Pumbaa, who seems to like her just fine.)
- June/Olivia: Hello, Pumbaa!
(She pats his snout, and Pumbaa sniffs her again.)
- June/Olivia: Silly piggy! Would you like a crumpet?
(Pumbaa nods happily as June reaches into her duffel bag. She holds it up for him and he licks it off her hand. Ash is ready to leave and reaches into his jacket pocket.)
- Ash/Basil: Here now, Pumbaa? Pumbaa! To the matter at hand. I want you to-
(He turns, but Pumbaa isn't listening to him, as the warthog is on his back enjoying a belly rub from June. Ash whistles, and Pumbaa rolls his head back to see him clearing his throat and tapping his foot.)
(June slides off Pumbaa into Jim Crow's wings, and Pumbaa rolls back to his hooves, facing Ash.)
- Ash/Basil: Good, now Pumbaa! Pumbaa...I want you to find...this fiend!
(Ash whips out Muttley's scarf and helmet, and Pumbaa starts to growl.)
(Ash oinks and growls along with Pumbaa to drill the warthog into searching for the bad guy.)
- Ash/Basil: Yes, you know his type. A villain. A scoundrel! Low brow. Close set eyes. Dirty fur.
(Pumbaa pauses and looks at Ash, confused at this last piece of the description.)
- Ash/Basil: Oh, he's a wheezy dog with dirty fur.
(Pumbaa starts to growl again.)
- Ash/Basil: Yes! Yes! That's the spirit! Got his scent?
(Pumbaa nods happily, and Ash retrieves his leash.)
- Ash/Basil: Good boy, good boy!
(Ash turns to face Pumbaa again, but he has turned around and is smiling at Jim Crow and June. He moves in front of Pumbaa.)
- Ash/Basil: Miss Maple!
- June/Olivia and Jim Crow/Dawson: (angrily) Oak!
- Ash/Basil: Whatever. Your grandfather is as good as found. (He hooks on Pumbaa's leash.) Pumbaa... (Pumbaa strikes a 'pointer' pose, ready to bolt after Muttley's trail.) Sic 'em!
(As Pumbaa rushes out, he accidentally stomps on Ash. The dazed Pokemon Trainer manages to hold on to the leash and quickly regains his wind.)
- Ash/Basil: Ah-ha! Yoicks! Tally ho! Ha-ha! Ha-ha!
(June and Jim Crow rush after the pair, trying to catch up. The camera cuts to a few moments later in the street, where Pumbaa is sniffing at the ground. He gives a sudden oink and breaks into a run.)
(June is holding on to Ash's waist at Pumbaa's collar.)
- Ash/Basil: The thrill of the hunt, eh, Jim?
(Jim Crow is desperately clinging to Pumbaa's tail and gives a nervous chuckle at the irony of this statement.)
- Jim Crow/Dawson: Q-q-quite!
- Ash/Basil: Oh-hoo-hoo. Our wheezing quarry can't be far now.