The Feature Film, with a Screenplay based on the Story Idea by Paul Guay, Stephen Mazur and Penelope Spheeris, and directed by Penelope Spheeris, presents all of the Our Gang Characters in a 1990s setting in New York City and features Slapstick Humor from the original Shorts, Laurel and Hardy, Keystone Kops, The Marx Brothers, Something a Little Less Serious, Million Dollar Mystery, The Three Stooges and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, an All Star Cast, Homages to the Broadway Theatre, Songs by various Songwriters, Composers and Lyricists and a Climatic Slapstick Chase Ending.
The Madcap Comedy premiered in 1994 and became a blockbuster commercial and critical smash hit.
In 1995, The Little Rascals was remade successfully as a widely acclaimed Broadway Stage Musical Comedy.
At the end of the credits, the whole cast sing the rendition of "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World", also at the Hippodrome.
The Ensemble Cast includes more than over 3000 people.
- Travis Tedford as Spanky
- Bug Hall as Alfafa
- Brittany Ashton Holmes as Darla
- Kevin Jamal Woods as Stymie
- Juliette Brewer as Marry Ann
- Jordan Warkol as Froggy
- Zachary Mabry as Porky
- Ross Bagley as Buckwhat
- Courland Mead as Uh Huh
- Sam Saletta as Butch
- Blake Jeremy Collins as Woim
- Mary-Kate Olsen as Millie
- Ashley Olsen as Tillie
- Mel Brooks as Dingy Welling
- Lea Thompson as Miss Roberts
- Daryl Hannah as Mrs. Crabtree
- Reba McEntire as Alexandra Ferguson
- Whoopi Goldberg as BuckWheat's Mother
- George Wendt as Roller Coaster Costumer 1
- Donald Trump as Waldo's Father
- Joel Grey as Announcer
- The Little Rascals/Spongebob
- The Little Rascals/South Park
- The Little Rascals/Jimmy Neutron
- The Little Rascals/Thomas
- The Little Rascals/My Little Pony
- The Little Rascals/Shrek
- The Little Rascals/The Simpsons
- The Little Rascals/Mario
- The Little Rascals/Gravity Falls
- The Little Rascals/Home Alone
- The Little Rascals/Barney
- The Litlte Rascals/Family Guy
- The Little Rascals/Dr. Seuss
- The Little Rascals/Rugrats
- The Little Rascals/Winnie the Pooh
All of the original Our Gang cast members are pleased to be consultants and make cameos for the Feature Film.
Animated Opening Credits Sequence
The Animated Opening Credits Sequence was created by Al Hirschfeld, animated and produce by United Productions of America and Klasky Csupo and directed by Terry Gilliam, Michael Jeter, Wes Archer and Jim Reardon.
The Little Rascals premiered at the Slapstick Comedy Theatre.
The film recieved mostly positive reviews upon its original release; it currently holds a 53% Certified "Fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The Film also scored more than 99% of audence rating, Gene Siskel called the film "dismal" while Roger Ebert gave the film a thumbs up.
The Little Rascals earned $160 million at the North American Box Office during its opening weekend. the film grossed a worldwide total of $287,354,572, making it the one of the highest-grossing comedy movies of 1994.