The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is a TV series.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: The fasteset thing alive and leader of the Freedom Fighters, Sonic is a young, blue teenage, hedgehog with green eyes and peach skin, muzzle, arms and stomach and the main protagonist of the series. Lightning fast on his feet, but super slow to lose his cool, Sonic is always revved up and ready for a run-in with his archenemy, Dr. Robotnik. Sonic's fear of water is even more present in the series. His modern design depicts him in a pair of red shoes with a white strap and a pair of white gloves.
- Miles "Tails" Prower: Tails is a two-tailed fox with yellow fur, white muzzle, belly and tips of tails and best friend of Sonic the Hedgehog. His modern design depicts him in a pair of white and red shoes and a pair of gloves.
- Princess Sally Acorn: Sally is a ground squirrel with brown fur, tan face, chest and stomach, a long tuft of dark red bushy hair and blue eyes, and is also Sonic's love interset, the defacto leader of the Knothole Freedom Fighters, an aunt figure to Tails, best friend to Bunnie, co-archenemy to Dr. Robotnik, daughter of King Acorn, and a tomboy to boot. Her modern design depicts her in a denim blue open vest and knee-high blue boots.
- Bunnie Rabbot: Bunnie is a Southern-accented golden rabbit with light orange-brown/blonde hair, vibrant emerald-green eyes, a tuft of hair sticking down in front of her face, mainly over her left eye and between a usually-erect right ear and always floppy left ear. She is a cyborg, because Dr. Robotnik tried to turn her into a robot but she was then saved by Sonic. Her modern design depicts her in a robotic left arm, shoulder and legs, a pink-purple leotard with a black belt that covers the parts of her torso that aren't robotic, leaving the upper chest and shoulder exposed, and Western-styled clothes on and off, usually consisting of a brown leather cowboy hat, and a brown leather cowboy jacket with tassels.
- Rotor Walrus: Rotor is a purple walrus inventor with green eyes and peach skin, like Sonic. His modern design depicts him in a yellow baseball cap, a bomber jacket and a toolbelt.
- Antoine D'Coolette: Antoine is a French brown coyote with blue eyes, peach muzzle and profoundly blond hair. His modern design depicts him in a Acorn Kingdom Army uniform; brown boots, blue jacket with a red belt tied around it a few inches from the bottom of the coat, gold pipes on the shoulder, golden cuffs on the end of each sleeves, gold-colored lacy ascot and a G.U.N. badge on the right lapel of his coat.
- Dulcy the Dragon: Dragon is a teal-skinned dragon with a light green hue, pink and scaly underside with a light green pouch, pink and green wings, green eyes, peach-orange hair, and a pinkish head peg, almost like a brontosaurus. Her modern design depicts her in a black nose ring and a brown saddle vest.
- Amy Rose: A young, carefree pink hedgehog with green eyes and peach skin, Amy Rose s Sonic's self-proclaimed girlfriend and her long-term goal is to get Sonic to notice her. She has gotten Sonic to go out with her, but he is always late. She gets mad at Sonic's impatience and aloof attitude, which occasionally are so bad that she is driven to violence. However, she does really care about him. Sonic shows his feelings for Amy more often in the anime. Amy also has love daydreams about her and Sonic. Her modern design depicts her in a red dress with white lining, with red boots that have white stripes, a red hairband, a pair of white gloves with two gold ring bracelets, and white panties.
- Knuckles the Echidna: Knuckles is a wild and tough red echidna with tan skin and violet eyes. He is stubborn and doesn't adapt easily. Once he and Sonic were rivals, but their differences have been resolved. He is often jealous of Sonic's free spirit (Rouge once stated that Knuckles had an "inferiority complex") He is famous as a treasure hunter and a master of martial arts. His arms are so powerful that he can shatter rocks. Ever since the big Chaos Control, Knuckles has become dedicated to finding the Chaos Emeralds so he can go back to his job of guarding the Master Emerald. His modern design depicts him in a pair of red shoes with green cuffs, yellow strap, and silver buckle, a pair of white gloves, and white mark on chest.