The Runaway is the tenth episode of the second season of Zak The Saturday Kid and Friends. It aired on September 18, 1998.
- One morning, Zak finds himself ill, so his father sends him to the healing center with Numbuh 2. He then asks Ben to take Blossom and Bubbles on Zak's branch line. Ben is glad that he knew Mac and is soon friends with both Finn and Courage. Weasel greets him warmly. After that, Zak returns ready to take Blossom and Bubbles on a journey. However, as Rex approaches. Zak begins to move too quickly and leaves Rex and the whole people stranded. Luckily, Owlman saves the day and Zak agrees with the inspector.
From The Secret Saturdays
- Zak Saturday (Sam Lerner)
- Doc Saturday (Phil Morris)
- Owlman (???)
From Codename: Kids Next Door
- Numbuh 2 (Benjamin Diskin)
From Generator Rex
- Rex Salazar (Daryl Sabara)
From Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
- Mac Kazoo (Sean Marquette)
From Adventure Time
- Finn (Jeremy Shada)
From Courage The Cowardly Dog
- Courage (Marty Grabstein)
From I Am Weasel
- Weasel (Michael Dorn)
From Ben 10
- Ben Tennyson (Yuri Lowenthal)
From The Powerpuff Girls
- Blossom (Cathy Cavadini)
- Bubbles (Tara Strong)
- US: George Carlin.
- UK: Ringo Starr.
- Mac, Finn, Ben and Rex don't speak.
- Courage is mentioned.
- George Carlin: Zak Saturday was ill. Workmen are trying to make him better, but it was no use.
- Doc: Numbuh 2 must take you to the works.
- George Carlin: Said Doc Saturday. Zak felt very miserable. Then Doc Saturday spoke to Ben.
- Doc: I want you to help Mac and Finn while Zak was away.
- George Carlin: Ben was delighted. He already knew Mac and soon made friends with Finn and Courage. Weasel gave him a big welcome too.
- Weasel: Take care of Zak's girls.
- George Carlin: He advised.
- Weasel: He'd sure to miss them while he's away.
- George Carlin: Ben was very gentle with the girls. Blossom and Bubbles were impressed.
- Blossom: Such nice manners.
- George Carlin: They told each other.
- Bubbles: It really is a please to go out with him.
- George Carlin: When Zak came back, Blossom and Bubbles told him how well Ben had managed. Zak was so pleased to be home that he soon forgot to be jealous. The works have left Zak's handbrake very stiff. It made his brakes seen they were on, when in fact they were not. As a result, he and his girls often overran the platform. Zak found this most embarrasing. Gradually, his driver and fireman learned to be extra careful. But one day, Zak's fireman was ill and a relief man took his place. The fireman had fastened the coupling and joined the driver and stationmaster on the platform to wait for Rex's passengers. The fireman had forgot all about Zak's handbrake. Zak simmered happily.
- Zak: Not long now.
- George Carlin: He thought, as he saw Rex slowly approaching. But Zak's brakes were not on. And suddenly, he felt his feet began to move. He tried to stop, but he couldn't without his driver and fireman. He tried to whistle a warning, but he couldn't do that either. The conductor, driver, fireman and passengers were all stranded on the platform.
- Blossom and Bubbles: Stop, stop!
- George Carlin: Shrieked Blossom and Bubbles, but Zak with plenty of steam kept on going. The alarm went down the line.
- Signalman: Stop the runaway!
- George Carlin: There, ready for action, was Owlman. The inspector had made a plan, and together they took off into the sky. At last, Zak was tiring.
- Zak: I need to stop, I need to stop.
- George Carlin: He panted weirdly. As they neared the next station Zak saw Owlman land. They entered the platform slowly enough for the inspector to act. Judging his moments the inspector scrambled into the cab and screwed the brakes on. At last Zak stopped. Both he and the inspector were very relieved. Then they thanked Owlman.
- Owlman: Think nothing of it. Glad to be at service anytime.
- Inspector: Zak.
- George Carlin: Remarked The inspector.
- Inspector: You must never let this happen again.
- George Carlin: Weirdly, Zak agreed with him.