The Secret About The Book is the sixteenth episode of Shining Time Station's seventh season. It aired on Ready Set Learn The Channel on December 23, 2002.
- The Kids' WB characters find a book on the desk. Annie and Zach (from Adventures From The Book of Virtues) arrives to meet up with Stacy, Harry and Billy. On the other hand, Schemer, Schemee and The Kids' WB villains attempt to rob the book.
From Shining Time Station
- Mr. Conductor 1 (George Carlin)
- Mr. Conductor 2 (Alec Baldwin)
- Stacy Jones (Didi Conn)
- Harry Cupper (Leonard Jackson)
- Billy Twofeathers (Tom Jackson)
- Horace Schemer (Brian O'Conner)
- Schemee (Jonathan Shapiro)
- Ash Ketchum (Veronica Taylor)
- Mary (Kerry Williams)
- Misty (Rachael Lillis)
- Brock (Eric Stuart)
From Mucha Lucha
- Rikochet (Carlos Alazraqui)
- Buena Girl (Kimberly Brooks)
- The Flea (Candi Milo)
- Al Valentine (Yuri Lowenthal)
- James Rogers (Michael Reisz)
- Amy Lambert (Michelle Ruff)
- Mel Blake (Stephanie Morgenstern)
From I Was A Teenage It Girl
- Ramona Sparks (Tara Strong)
- Rosie Fitzgerald (Colleen O'Shaughnessey)
- Rachael Burns (Kari Wahlgren)
From What's New, Scooby-Doo?
- Scooby-Doo (Frank Welker)
- Fred Jones (Frank Welker)
- Daphne Blake (Grey DeLisle)
- Shaggy Rogers (Matthew Lillard)
- Velma Dinkley (Mindy Cohn)
From The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries
- Sylvester (Joe Alaskey)
- Tweety (Joe Alaskey)
- Hector (Frank Welker)
- Granny (June Foray)
From Static Shock
- Virgil Hawkins (Phil LaMarr)
- Richie Foley (Jason Marsden)
From Tetris Attack
- Yoshi (Andrew Sabiston)
- Lakitu (Tom Kenny)
- Bumpty (Brianne Siddall)
- Poochy (Frank Welker)
- Flying Wiggler (Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Prince Froggy (Rodger Bumpass)
- Gargantua Blargg (Danny Cooksey)
- Lunge Fish (Carlos Alazraqui)
- Raphael The Raven (Phil LaMarr)
- Yami Yugi (Dan Green)
- Joey Wheeler (Wayne Grayson)
- Tristan Taylor (Sam Regal)
- Tea Gardner (Amy Birnbaum)
- Seto Kaiba (Eric Stuart)
- Mai Valentine (Megan Hollingshead)
From Megaman NT Warriors
- Lan Hikari (Alex Doduk)
- Dex Ogreon (Scott McNeil)
- Maylu Sakurai (Brittney Wilson)
- Yai Ayano (Jocelyne Loewen)
- Eugene Chaud (Scott Perrie)
From Jackie Chan Adventures
- Jackie Chan (James Sie)
- Uncle Chan (Sab Shimono)
- Jade Chan (Stacie Chan)
- Viper (Susan Eisenberg)
- Tohru (Noah Nelson)
From The Mummy: The Animated Series
- Alexander O'Connell (Chris Marquette)
- Evelyn O'Connell (Grey DeLisle)
- Richard O'Connell (John Schneider)
From The Dork Diaries
- Nikki Maxwell (Kelly Sheridan)
- Ruby Maxwell (Candi Milo)
- Brianna Maxwell (Grey DeLisle)
- Elizabeth Maxwell (Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Albert Mazwell (Artt Butler)
- Marilyn Shine (Tara Strong)
- Madelyn Glaze (Eden Sher)
- Susie Feeble (Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Emma Bore (Tress MacNeille)
- Malinda Doe (Jocelyne Loewen)
- Tuesday Van Dour (Maria Bamford)
From Men In Black: The Series
- Agent Jay (Keith Diamond)
- Agent Kay (Gregg Berger)
- Peter Shepard (Ashley Johnson)
- Alan Parish (Bill Fagerbakke)
- Judy Shepard (Debi Derryberry)
From Ozzy and Drix
- Ozzy Jones (Phil LaMarr)
- Drix Koldriliff (Jeff Bennett)
From Tom and Jerry Tales
- Tom Cat (Don Brown)
- Jerry Mouse (Samuel Vincent)
From The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
- Jonny Quest (J.D. Roth)
- Hadji Singh (Rob Paulsen)
- Jessie Banner (Jennifer Hale)
From Captain Simian and The Space Monkeys
- Captain Charles "Chuck" Simian (Jerry Doyle)
- Gor-illa (James L. Avery, Sr.)
- Shao Lin (Karen Maruyama)
- Spydor (Dom Irrera)
- Dr. Splitz (Maurice LaMarche)
From X-Men Evolution
- Scott Summers (Kirby Morrow)
- James "Logan" Howlett (Scott McNeil)
- Rogue (Meghan Black)
- Ororo Munroe (Kirsten Williamson)
- Kitty Pryde (Maggie Blue O'Hara)
- Evan Daniels (Neil Denis)
- Kurt Wagner (Brad Swaile)
- Jean Grey (Venus Terzo)
From Tiny Toon Adventures
- Buster Bunny (Charlie Adler)
- Hamton J. Pig (Don Messick)
- Babs Bunny (Tress MacNeille)
- Plucky Duck (Joe Alaskey)
- Fifi La Fume (Kath Soucie)
- Shirley McLoon (Gail Matthius)
- Sweetie Pie (Candi Milo)
- Furrball (Frank Welker)
- Dizzy Devil (Maurice LaMarche)
- Gogo Dodo (Frank Welker)
- Calamity Coyote (Frank Welker)
- Little Beeper (Frank Welker)
From Xiaolin Showdown
- Omi (Tara Strong)
- Kimiko Tohomiko (Grey DeLisle)
- Raimundo Pedrosa (Tom Kenny)
- Clay Bailey (Jeff Bennett)
From Loonatics Unleashed
- Ace Bunny (Charlie Schlatter)
- Tech E. Coyote (Kevin Michael Richardson)
- Lexi Bunny (Jessica DiCicco)
- Danger Duck (Jason Marsden)
- Slam Tasmanian (Kevin Michael Richardson)
- Rev Runner (Rob Paulsen)
- Jessie (Rachael Lillis)
- James (Eric Stuart)
- Meowth (Maddie Blaustein)
- Wobbuffet (Kayzie Rogers)
- Cliff Feltbottom (Tom Kenny)
- Lube Ignatius (Carlos Alazraqui)
- Shriek Dubois (Maria Bamford)
- Eddie The Squirrel (Dwight Schultz)
From The Adventures of The Koopalings
- Larry Koopa (Adam McArthur)
- Morton Koopa Jr. (Phil LaMarr)
- Wendy O. Koopa (Janyse Jaud)
- Iggy Koopa (Greg Cipes)
- Roy Koopa (Jason Marsden)
- Lemmy Koopa (Ashley Johnson)
- Ludwig Von Koopa (Danny Cooksey)
From X-Men Evolution
- Lance Alvers (Christopher Grey)
- Todd Tolansky (Noel Fisher)
- Pietro Maximoff (Richard Ian Cox)
- Wanda Maximoff (Kelly Sheridan)
- Frederick J. Dukes (Michael Dobson)
From Adventures From The Book of Virtues
- Annie (Adrienne Carter)
- Zach (Andrew Francis)
- No Sleep For Cranky
- Edward The Really Useful Engine
- Books Are Fun
Thomas Song in the Anything Tunnel
- Down By The Docks
- This is the sixteenth episode of the seventh season.
- Kimiko has worn her The Apprentice outfit since Season 4.
- Annie and Zach debut.
- It is revealed that a book is for sale.
- Edward The Really Useful Engine is given the UK title in the end credits.
- Also in the end credits, the Wuzzles theme song plays.
- (We open this episode with the Shining Time Station theme song)
- Man: Reach for the steam, reach for the whistle, going the railing road. Reach for the words, reach for the story, follow the rainbow sun. To a Shining Time Station, where dreams can come true, waiting there for you.
- (We then find the Kids' WB characters at the station one morning)
- Ash: We're all going to remember a book.
- Mary: Exactly.
- Omi: Remember, we have to keep our focus ready.
- Kimiko: Indeed.
- Amy: You remember when my shoe-less sister wears her tan colored tights.
- Mel: Lori only wears fishnet tights.
- Rosie: Diana's my lovely sister.
- Rachael: I love wearing my pink and black striped stockings.
- Scooby: Rannie and Rach will come to see us right now.
- Shaggy: Like, yes they do.
- Stacy: Everyone has the right way to feel.
- Harry: Of course.
- Billy: Look, Annie and Zach have come to see us.
- (Annie and Zach arrive)
- Annie and Zach: What's up?
- (The Conductors appear)
- Mr. Conductor 2: Good to see you two here.
- Susie: It's Mr. Conductors 1 and 2.
- Emma: We've been expecting you.
- Jade: We were about to find a book.
- Buena Girl: Do you know how it is?
- Mr. Conductor 1: Of course. It's essential to make a good deal.
- Virgil: Cool.
- Richie: We're glad to hear it.
- Alex: Everybody wants to have a plan.
- Peter: Did Cranky get sleepless?
- Mr. Conductor 2: Yes he is. He never took a nap after all. Let me explain.
- (Mr. Conductor 2 blows his whistle and No Sleep For Cranky starts)
- Mr. Conductor 2: Brendam docks is one of the busiest dockyards on all the Island of Sodor. It's where ships and engines and cranes alike are busy day and night, every day of the year. But poor Cranky the Crane never gets a nap. He never gets to sleep early, he works all the time and his only company are the gulls that settle on his arm. So Cranky is always cranky.
- Salty: Ahoy there, Cranky.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Cried Salty.
- Cranky: Where have you been!?
- Mr. Conductor 2: Snapped Cranky.
- Salty: And a good day to you capn.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Bill and Ben arrive for work full of mischief.
- Cranky: Hurry up!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Snapped Cranky.
- Cranky: I haven't got all day.
- Bill: You're no fun.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Grumbled Bill.
- Cranky: You wouldn't be fun if you were stuck up here.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Snapped Cranky.
- Bill: So that's why you're cranky.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Bill.
- Ben: You're lonely.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Ben.
- Cranky: I'm not!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Cranky cranked.
- Salty: So it's company you'd be needing.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Salty.
- Salty: Reminds me of a lonely old bank's lighthouse keeper.
- Cranky: Not another one of your stories.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Cried Cranky.
- Bill and Ben: Oh please, Salty.
- Mr. Conductor 2: They chimed.
- Bill and Ben: We haven't heard it.
- Salty: Thus in the middle of the wee naughty storm.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Salty began.
- Salty: A likes of which he sees once in a lifetime.
- Mr. Conductor 2: This made Cranky very cranky. So cranky that he swung his arm around and dropped the pipes onto the tracks instead of the trucks.
- Cranky: Whoops!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Cranky meekly.
- Salty: You blown the main down, matey.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Salty. The engines were trapped.
- Bill and Ben: You're gonna get into trouble.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Sang Bill and Ben. Sir Topham Hatt was in his office being measured for his new suit. When he heard the news, he left inmediately for the docks. Sir Topham Hatt knew that any delay at the docks could cause trouble.
- Sir Topham Hatt: You had made a terrible mess, Cranky.
- Mr. Conductor 2: He said sternly.
- Cranky: I'm sorry, sir.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Cranky whispered.
- Sir Topham Hatt: You engines will have to stay here tonight until Harvey clears up this mess in the morning.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Cranky's heart sank as Salty uttered those faithful words.
- Salty: It reminds me of a story. It was a bitter cold winter. The brave little ship was stuck until the ice melted the next spring. He barely made it round the cape after a hundred scary days at sea without a scratch. He sailed into port and crashed his bout in 50 feet from my buffers. Luckily no one was hurt.
- Cranky: Except my ears.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Wailed Cranky. Salty spent all night telling tales of powerful storms, daring rescues and brave little ships. And when the sun rose, he was still talking and talking and talking.
- Cranky: I can't take anymore.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Groaned Cranky. Harvey the Crane Engine arrived.
- Harvey: Sir Topham Hatt sent me to help clear away this mess.
- Mr. Conductor 2: He puffed proudly. Cranky was so pleased the engines will be going soon, he forgot to be cranky.
- Cranky: I'll never misbehave again.
- Mr. Conductor 2: He promised.
- Cranky: As long as i don't have to listen to anymore of Salty's stories.
- Mr. Conductor 2: And after Harvey and the workmen had cleared the wreckage, Cranky worked hard all day. He carefully loaded the trucks, helped speed the engines on their way and he said please and thank you.
- Thomas: This is new.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Puffed Thomas. But he had spoken too soon. Cranky couldn't help himself.
- Percy: It was nice while it lasted.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Percy and all the engines laughed. But Cranky it was still cranky.
- (No Sleep For Cranky ends)
- Mr. Conductor 2: So you see, Cranky never took a rest.
- Rikochet: That's true.
- Flea: The Flea knows you're leaving, right?
- The Conductors: Yep.
- (The Conductors disappear)
- Ash: We'll help you with the book.
- Mary: Just leave it to us.
- Annie and Zach: Cool!
- (Inside the arcade's jukebox)
- Tito: Books Are Fun is to be sung by me.
- Didi: Surely.
- Tex: Everything's the same.
- Rex: It's filled with books.
- Grace: We'll do this song in a band.
- Tito: Right you are. A one, a two, a one, two, three, four.
- (Tito sings Books Are Fun)
- Tito: I like the radio, I love to watch TV. But every day I make some time for something good to read. Books are fun! Books are great! Let's sit down with a book today. Books are fun! Books are great! Is it book time yet? Oh, I just can't wait To read a book, book, Book, book. Do you know why I love to read a book? Why I get so happy every time I take a look? 'Cause books can take me anywhere that I want to go. Books help my imagination grow. Books are fun! Books are great! Let's sit down with a book today. Books are fun! Books are great! Is it book time yet? Oh, I just can't wait To read a book, book, Book, book. Books are fun to read. I love the pictures too. I love to snuggle up and read with somebody like you. All my favorite stories and many more to learn. Good things come with every page I turn. Books are fun! Books are great! Let's sit down with a book today. Books are fun! Books are great! Is it book time yet? Oh, I just can't wait To read a book, book, book, book. To read a book, book, book, book. Read a book!
- (Books Are Fun ends)
- (Meanwhile, Schemer, Schemee and the Kids' WB villains are looking for a book)
- Schemer: Well, we do know about books.
- Schemee: They look marvelous.
- Jessie: As soon as we find them, we'll read them properly.
- Cliff: Interesting.
- Larry: We're hoping to be storytellers.
- Lance: And rock this place.
- (We find Mr. Conductor 2 with Ozzy and Drix)
- Ozzy: Brendam Docks is full of music.
- Drix: Take us to the Anything Tunnel.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Right away.
- (We zoom to the Anything Tunnel and Down By The Docks starts)
- Children: (singing) Down by the docks, that's the place to be, Down by the docks, gateway to the sea, Down by the dockside, we are the team, Working together, just like family. Down by the docks, you're never on your own, Down by the docks, it's really home from home, Down by the dockside, down by the dockside. Down by the dockside, is where we want to be. Salty! Chief Diesel at the docks, He's the tough guy. He's the one who sorts the trucks. He's the one to see, in emergencies... He's the one to see. Tirelessly working, never complaining, Part of the dockside team... Cranky! Looking down on everyone, Always working. Lifting cargo by the ton. And he's up so high, he can reach the sky... Part of the dockside team. Whatever the weather, you'll see him out there, Part of the dockside team... Down by the docks, that's the place to be, Down by the docks, gateway to the sea, Down by the dockside, we are the team, Working together, just like family. Down by the docks, you're never on your own, Down by the docks, it's really home from home, Down by the dockside, down by the dockside. Down by the dockside, is where we want to be. Sailors! Who have crossed the seven seas, Sailing homeward. Bringing all and sundry. And the trade winds blow their ships back home... Safely to the shore. We are the workers, stoking the boilers Of Sodor's industry... Down by the docks, that's the place to be, Down by the docks, gateway to the sea, Down by the dockside, we are the team, Working together, just like family. Down by the docks, you're never on your own, Down by the docks, it's really home from home, Down by the dockside, down by the dockside. Down by the dockside, is where we want to be. Down by the dockside, down by the dockside Down by the dockside, is where we want to be.
- (Down By The Docks ends)
- Mr. Conductor 2: So that's how the docks are filled with music.
- Susie: Thanks for hearing that.
- Emma: We're happy to love it.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Of course.
- Fred: Everybody can be sensational.
- Daphne: Did Edward learned to be useful?
- Mr. Conductor 2: Exactly. He learned not to be retired. Let me explain.
- (Mr. Conductor 2 blows his whistle and Edward The Really Useful Engine starts)
- Mr. Conductor 2: The engines on the Island of Sodor are good at different things. Gordon is a very good express, Percy is good at carrying the mail and when Edward is not hauling freight cars, he is very good at being a back engine. When engines have heavy loads, Edward buffers up behind and helps push. But Edward is old. Some engines think this makes him unreliable.
- Gordon: Edward is a useless old steampot.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Gordon sniffed.
- Gordon: He should be retired.
- Percy: But he doesn't have tires.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Percy said.
- Thomas: Retired.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Thomas.
- Thomas: Means taken out of service.
- Gordon: And not a moment too soon.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Gordon. And the other big engines agreed with him, but Percy was very upset. Later, his driver asked him why he looked so glum. Percy told him about Edward.
- Percy: The big engines don't think he's useful anymore.
- Mr. Conductor 2: He said. Percy's driver saw Sir Topham Hatt and told him what Percy had said.
- Sir Topham Hatt: I will attend to the matter inmediately.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Sir Topham Hatt. Sir Topham Hatt had a plan.
- Sir Topham Hatt: The new loop line is completed.
- Mr. Conductor 2: He said to Edward.
- Sir Topham Hatt: I want you to teach Stepney how to run it properly.
- Edward: But sir.
- Mr. Conductor 2: He asked.
- Edward: Who will look after the freight cars?
- Sir Topham Hatt: Duck will do your work.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Sir Topham Hatt replied. When the other engines heard Duck was going to help them, they were pleased.
- Henry: Duck is very reliable.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Henry.
- Gordon: It makes no difference to me.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Gordon pompously.
- Gordon: I don't need a back engine.
- Mr. Conductor 2: And he wheeshed away. Edward enjoyed working with Stepney. It was great fun delivering passengers to stations in the beautiful countryside. But Duck was not happy. The trucks were playing their silly games.
- Troublesome Trucks: (singing) Duck should play with other ducks cause he's no good at pulling trucks. Quack, quack, quack, quack. Hold back, hold back.
- Mr. Conductor 2: They giggled. Duck found himself going slower, and slower, and slower. Halfway up Gordon's Hill, his wheels stopped all together. Duck was stuck.
- Duck's Driver: Oh, no.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said his driver.
- Duck's Driver: This is Gordon's line.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Duck's guard phoned the signalman to warn him.
- Signalman: It's too late to switch Gordon to the middle line.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said the signalman.
- Signalman: You'll have to flag him down.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Gordon saw the guard.
- Gordon: If i stop on this hill, i'll never get started again.
- Mr. Conductor 2: He said crossly and he buffered up to Duck. Gordon tried to set off again, but his wheels spun and spun.
- Gordon's Driver: It's no use. We need a back engine.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said the driver.
- Gordon's Driver: I'll send for Edward.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Gordon was cross. Edward was excited. He was going to be a back engine for two trains. Edward cheerfully buffered up and the strange train set off. They chuffed gently into the station.
- Boy: Look at that!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Laughed a boy.
- Boy: The back engine must be the strongest and the best.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Gordon was embarrased. Sir Topham Hatt spoke severly to Gordon.
- Sir Topham Hatt: You have set rude things about Edward. He proved today that he is useful reliable and very helpful.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Gordon felt very ashamed. The next morning, Gordon apologized.
- Gordon: Thank you for helping me Edward.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Puffed Gordon.
- Gordon: You really are a useful engine.
- Edward: It's good to be back.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Edward chuffed happily. Sir Topham Hatt's plan had worked. There was no more talk about Edward retiring.
- (Edward The Really Useful Engine ends)
- Mr. Conductor 2: