Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Homer and Milhouse meet Database, a jinxed kid.
- Homer as Ten Cents
- Milhouse as Sunshine
- Database as Boomer
- Mayor Quimby (Narrating): One night, out on the main road, Homer and Milhouse spotted a kid they'd never seen before. His name was Database. He was just drifting. Realizing he could be in trouble, they approached him cautiously. He was out of stamina, and could not go on much further. A rope was alongside him. He had no collar or license. It seemed no one owned him.
- Database: Keep away, just leave me alone, please.
- Homer: Look, we can't. You're drifting on a busy road. That's dangerous.
- Database: Even better.
- Milhouse: Eh, we'll have to take you in.
- Database: Just leave me be. I don't want any help.
- Milhouse: Why? Why not?
- Database: Because, well, because I'm a Jinx. I'm bad luck. Nobody wants a jinx.
- Homer: Oh, rubbish! There's no such thing as a jinx.
- Database: Oh, isn't there? You'll soon find out. Stand off me.
- Homer: Look, jinx or not, we have to take you in. These roads have to be kept clear.
- Milhouse: Aye, Mayor Quimby will do something.
- Database: No he won't, nobody can. Jinxes just happen. I just shouldn't have been a kid.
- Milhouse: Uh, have you always been like this?
- Database: My name used to be Captain Bert. It was good then in those days. Then I was sold. A man adopted me and called me 'Database'. Ever since then, nothing but trouble.
- Mayor Quimby (Narrating): Heh, Database was right. Homer had set off ahead, when to everyone's amazement, the rope unwound and fell behind him.
- Homer: How did that happen? Oi, did you do that?
- Database: Can't have, can I? It's you that's lost your end of the rope. I'm still holding my end.
- Milhouse: Ah, he's right, Homer. That's the first sign of a jinx I've ever seen.
- Homer: Yeah, well, It won't happen again. Look, come on, the sooner we get you to Mayor Quimby, the better.