The Fat Controller's Engines
- Barry is a red tank engine working on Duck's branch line. He is partnered with Donald and Douglas to help them on the branchlines. Barry is based on the LNER Class J94. He is NWR no. 12. He was originally BR no. 68030. He is painted red with blue and yellow lining. He was built in 1952 and arrived on Sodor in 1994. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Eagle is James' older brother, and wise like Edward. He pulls passenger trains through the day, but often pulls trucks. Eagle, like James, is based on the L&YR Class 25 with an added pony truck and a Fowler tender, very much like James. He was originally a 0-6-0 tender engine. He is no. 85. He is painted red with yellow and black lining. His friends are Edward and Thomas and his enemies are 98462 and 87546. He was built in 1897 and arrived on Sodor in 1922. Eagle is voiced by Nigel Pilkington in UK, and Rob Rackstraw in US.
- Bill and Ben are tank engine twins working at the china clay works. They are cheeky and naughty and rather troublesome. According to Duck, Edward is the only engine who can keep them in order. Thomas and BoCo probably have the same effect over them too. Bill and Ben are based on Alfred and Judy, two Bagnall 0-4-0STs. They are SCC no. 1 and 2. They are painted golden orange-yellow with red lining. They were built in 1953 and arrived on Sodor in 1966. Have normal English accents. Bill and Ben are voiced by Jonathan Broadbent in the UK and US.
- Daisy is the first diesel on Sodor, like Diesel. She is a diesel rail-car, and carries passengers on Thomas' branchline. Daisy has a crush on Diesel. She is based on the BR Class 101. She is NWR no. D1. She is painted green with yellow lining, similar to the livery of the British Railways DMUs in the 1960s. She wears makeup, including eyelashes, red lipstick, blush and blue eyeshadow. She was built in 1960 and arrived on Sodor in 1961. Has a normal English accent. Daisy is voiced by Teresa Gallagher in the UK and US.
- Boco is a mainline diesel working on Edward's branchline. He is loyal and friendly, making him the most sensible diesel on Sodor. He also hands out good advice all the time. Boco is based on the BR Class 28. He is NWR no. D2. He was originally BR no. D5702. He is painted green with yellow warning panels. He was built in 1958 and arrived on Sodor in 1965. Has a normal English accent. BoCo is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Glenn Wrage in US.
- D7101/Bear is a passenger diesel. He is loyal and friendly, and respectful to all engines, steam or diesel. D7101 came on loan to Sodor with another diesel, 199, who was mean to the steam engines. The others persuaded Sir Topham Hatt to keep D7101, and he is now called Bear. Bear is based on the BR Class 35. He is NWR no. D3. He was originally BR no. D7101. He is painted all-over B.R. loco green with a narrow band of lime along the bottom of the sides with cream window surrounds and yellow warning panels. When he first arrived on Sodor, he wore the B.R. "Rail Blue" livery with yellow warning panels. He was built in 1961 and arrived on Sodor in 1967. Bear is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Glenn Wrage in US. He is also Boco's best friend.
- Mavis is a diesel shunter working at Ffarquar Quarry. She is young and full of her own ideas, but can be a bit of a handful. Mavis and Toby have been known to like each other. Mavis is based on the BR Class 04 shunter. She is FQC no. 1. She is painted black with hazard stripes on her front and rear. She was built in 1952 and arrived on Sodor in 1962. Has a normal English accent. She is voiced by Teresa Gallagher in UK and US.
- Wendell is a friendly works diesel stationed at the Crovan's Gate Steamworks. He is based on BR Class 47. He is painted in a BR "Rail Blue" livery with yellow warning panels. He was built in 1964 and arrived on Sodor in 1980. Wendell is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Pip and Emma are high-speed diesels. They are based on the British Rail Class 43 HST. They are painted in the original InterCity 125 livery of yellow and blue. They were built in 1976 and arrived on Sodor in 1986. Pip and Emma are voiced by Teresa Gallagher in UK, and Jules de Jongh in US.
- Harvey is the first and only crane engine on Sodor. He arrived to help with the restoration of Norramby branch line. He services on the main line, and is always called to help others after an accident. Harvey is based on an industrial crane engine - Dubs Crane Engine No. 4101. He is no. 27. With perhaps the most distinctive appearance of any engine, Harvey is painted burgundy with yellow line-work and brown buffers. He was built in 1901 and arrived on Sodor in 2001. Has a deep English accent. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in the UK and US.
- Fergus is a steam traction locomotive working at the quarry. He mainly works at the cement works, and thus calls himself "the pride of the cement works". Fergus is based on an Aveling and Porter railway traction engine. He is painted navy with gold boiler bands and red wheels. He was built in 1926 and arrived on Sodor in 2003. Has a normal English accent. Fergus is voiced by Keith Wickham in the UK, and William Hope in the US.
- Arthur is the largest tank engine on Sodor. He is a reliable, kind and helpful engine, and often careful to get his jobs done without fuss or mess. Arthur is based on the LMS Ivatt Class 2MT. Arthur is painted LMS burgundy with gold lining and "LMS" on his side in yellow. He was built in 1946 and arrived on Sodor in 2003. Has a normal English accent. He is voiced by Robert Wilfort in the UK and US.
- Murdoch is a mighty British Railways 9F, and one of the younger, but strongest engines. He was cocky when he first arrived, but when Gordon's fire bars collapsed, he learned the value of teamwork. Murdoch is based on the British Railways 9F Class, the last steam engine built for British Railways until 2008. He is BR no. 91009. He is painted orange with green and red lining. He was built in 1960 and arrived on Sodor in 2003. Has a thick Scottish accent. Murdoch is voiced by Bob Golding in the UK, and Tom Kenny in the US.
- Molly is James' ex-girlfriend and Edward's good friend, and second most beautiful after Emily. She is smart, shy, and sensitive. She is afraid of cranky bugs and the dark. She gets offended easily by hurtful things he engines say, but still wants to prove useful. She is also good friends with Gordon. Molly is based on the LNER Class D14. She is LNER no. 8783. She is painted bright yellow with grey and red stripes. She was originally painted GER Royal Blue from 1904-1923, later LNER Apple Green from 1923-1939, 1945-1948 and 1985-2005, Worlds War 2 Black from 1939-1945, BR Mixed-traffic Black - 1948-1985 and currently NWR Yellow since 2005. She was built in 1904 and arrived on Sodor in 2005. Has a moderate Scottish accent. Molly is voiced by Rebecca O'Mara in the UK and US.
- Neville is Molly's male best friend, and somehow looks like a diesel with a tender. He is loyal and friendly to fellow steam engines, and the trucks try not to upset him. Neville is based on the SR Class Q1. He is BR no. 33010. He is painted BR plain black. He was built in 1942 and arrived on Sodor in 2005. Has a normal English accent. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Rosie is Thomas's girlfriend, and a bright and cheerful American tank engine. She can't pull heavy trains, but proves that little engines can do big things. Rosie is based on the USA SR dock tank. She is no. 49. She is painted lavender with grey tank panels, gold boiler bands and red detailing on her wheels and metalwork. She was built in 1942 and arrived on Sodor in 1945. Has a normal English accent. Rosie is voiced by Teresa Gallagher in UK, and Jules de Jongh in US.
- Whiff is a garbage engine working on Thomas' branchline. He enjoys his job of collecting garbage. Whiff is friendly and always does his job well. He is somewhat naive, as he didn't realize why the other engines tried to avoid him so much. He is based on the NER 2-2-4 "66" Aerolite found today at the National Railway Museum in York. He is no. 66. He is dark green with black and gold livery and green wheels. He wears large spectacles on his smokebox. He was built in 1869, rebuilt in 1886, 1892 and 1902 and arrived on Sodor in 2007. Has a normal English accent. Whiff is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Billy is a shunting/goods tank engine with prominent buck teeth on the mainline. He is silly, foolish, and refused to listen to advice. After his accident, Billy learned to act mature. He is based on the Manning Wardle L Class. He is painted orange with green and white lining. He was built in 1903 and arrived on Sodor in 2007. Has a mild Cumbrian accent. Billy is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Stanley is the newest tank engine on Sodor, and one of the strongest. He was very shy when he first arrived, because he thought Thomas (his friend) has been scrapped. Fortunately, he wasn't, and Stanley is now a loyal hard-worker, and never gives up. He is based on a Kiston 0-6-0ST No. 47 "Carnarvon". He is painted silver all over with red wheels and lining. He was built in 1932 and arrived on Sodor in 2007. Has a thick English accent. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Ben Small in US.
- Hank is a large, blue American engine. He is quite a large engine, and pulls eight passenger coaches at once. Hank is based on the Pennsylvania Railroad K4 pacific with buffers added to the back of his tender for coupling. He is no. 2169. He is painted dark blue with red wheels and lining and a bright red cowcatcher. He was built in 1914 and arrived on Sodor in 2008. Has a thick American accent. Hank is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and US.
- Flora is a yellow steam tram residing at Sodor Tramways. Flora is based on a 1904 Moseley Road Tramway steam tram, rebuilt into standard gauge. Instead of buffers, she has four couplings upon her front and rear buffer beam. She has a 0-6-0 wheel arrangement. She is painted bright yellow with green and white lining, red cowcatchers and sideplates and green boards on her roof reading "Sodor Tramways". She was built in 1904 and arrived on Sodor in 2008. Has a normal English accent. Flora is voiced by Teresa Gallagher in UK, and Jules de Jongh in US.
- Hiro is an old Japanese engine who is the "Master of the Railway" and doing passenger work on the main line. He often tells tales about how he worked on the Japanese railways. Hiro is based on the Japanese National Railways class D51 steam locomotive. Hiro bears a hybrid livery of Soviet Railway and Orient Express colors. D51 #498 sports the Orient Express livery, consisting of gold heater bands, tender stripes, and various other gold fittings like Hiro does. His tender bears the number "51" in reference to his class. He also has added buffers, knuckle coupler (which would have made him an operational impossibility), regauged wheels and pistons as mentioned, and other minor modifications. He is no. 51. He is painted black with gold band and fittings and red wheels. He was built in 1936 and arrived on Sodor in 1955. Has a thick Japanese accent. Hiro is voiced by Togo Igawa in UK and US.
- Victor is a red Hispanic tank engine in charge of the Crovan's Gate Steamworks - a fueling hub for the engines on Sodor. While he is very busy, he's known for his friendly, engaging personality. Victor is based on a specially-built engine, #1173, built by the American Locomotive Company (ALCO) which serves as a shunter on a sugar plantation in Cuba. Victor is dark red with yellow stripes, and black and yellow hazard stripes on his bufferbeams. The side of his cab has the Sodor Steamworks logo. He was built in 1903 and arrived on Sodor in 2000. Has a thick Cuban accent. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and David Bedella in US.
- Charlie is Stanley's younger brother, and Billy's older brother. Despite his size, Charlie is well known for being fun and ready for adventure. However, there are some characters who look to take advantage of his good nature. Charlie is based on a Hudswell-Clarke tank engine. He is NWR no. 14. He is painted purple with gold trim, red wheels and a dark green dome. He was built in 1920 and arrived on Sodor in 2009. Has a mild Cumbrian accent. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Ben Small in US.
- Bash and Dash are twin logging engines. They are mischievous and always finish each others sentences. They were sent to Sodor because they were naughty on the mainland, but now they always try to do their best for Sir Topham Hatt. Bash and Dash are based off the Bear Harbor Lumber Company's locomotive #1. Bash's boiler, wheels, and lining are painted grey, his cab and dome are painted yellow. Dash's boiler, wheels, and lining are painted yellow, his cab and dome are painted grey. They both have a semi-circular symbol depicting three yellow trees with two brown axes crossing each other on the right sides of their cabs. Have thick Scottish accents. Bash is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and William Hope in US, while Dash is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Ferdinand is a gentle giant. He is a bigger and slower engine who is able to make special tweeting sounds with his whistles. He runs on wood and oil and can often be heard saying "that's right". Ferdinand is based on a Climax Class C logging locomotive. Ferdinand is painted teal with grey lining. He has a semi-circular symbol depicting three yellow trees with two brown axes crossing each other on both sides of his cab and tender. Has a thick English accent. He is voiced by Ben Small in UK, and Glenn Wrage in US.
- Scruff "the Scruncher" is a boxy steam engine. He works at Whiff's Waste Dump with Whiff. He loves being dirty and hates being cleaned. He was brought to Sodor to work at the Municipal Garbage Corporation. He hates being cleaned and, when Thomas once tried to have him cleaned, he ran away and hid in a siding until he was coaxed out with the promise of being allowed to shunt rubbish trucks. He once had to go to the Crovan's Gate Steamworks to have his "scruncher" mended, and later that day, he helped Gordon tidy up the waste dump before the Inspector arrived. Scruff is based on no. 9369 "Musketeer", a Sentinel 100 HP "BE Type" chain-driven vertical-boiler industrial strength steam locomotive built in 1946. Scruff is painted lime green with dark green stripes. He has gold name plates on either side of his tanks. Has a mild Irish accent. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Belle is a big blue tank engine and one of the newest additions to the Search and Rescue Center. Belle would be overwhelming if she wasn't so nice, even Cranky likes her! She wantsto do her best and be the best. Belle realizes that she isn't the fire engine Sodor needs and supports Flynn in every way. In fact, when Flynn makes mistakes...it's Belle who is always there to help him out. Belle is based on a British Railways Standard Class 4 tank engine with added water cannons, brass bell above her cab, and electric headlamps on her bufferbeam and above her face. Belle is painted blue with red and brass fittings. She has the number 6120 painted in gold and a crest consisting of a fire, two dolphins, and a crown painted on her sides. Has a normal English accent. She is voiced by Teresa Gallagher in UK, and US.
- Devious Diesel is the antagonist of the series, and Thomas' nemesis. He believes steam engines should be scrapped, and diesels taking over. In the Season 3 episode, "James Destroys Diesel", James pushes Diesel off a cliff and into a ravine, so Duck takes him to the Crovan's Gate Works. He is based on the BR Class 08, one of the most preserved British locomotives. He is painted BR black. He was built in 1953 and arrived on Sodor in 1957. Has a normal English accent. He is voiced by Kerry Shale in UK, and Michael Brandon in US.
- Derek is a kind and friendly diesel. He is based on BR Class 17. He is BR no. 2512. He is painted BR green with yellow warning panels. He was built in 1962 and arrived on Sodor in 1998. Has a mild Scottish accent. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Iron Arry and Bert are Diesel's brothers, best friends, and partners-in-crime. They wish to scrap steam engines, and replace them with up-to-date diesels. Like Diesel, Arry and Bert are based on the BR Class 08. They are painted green-grey with yellow hazard stripes on their fronts and rears and yellow cabs. They were built in 1953 and arrived on Sodor in 1980. 'Arry has a thick Cumbrian accent, and Bert has a deep thick Cumbrian accent. 'Arry is voiced by Kerry Shale in UK and US, while Bert is voiced by William Hope in UK and US.
- Salty is on old diesel shunter working at Brendam docks. He is easy-going, friendly and very practical. He also enjoys telling stories revolving around the sea and fantasy. Salty is based on the BR Class 07. He is BR no. 2991. He is painted crimson with pink warning stripes along his body, wasp stripes on his front and rear and yellow buffer beams with signs of rust. At the top of his forehead, he has the rim of a skipper's hat. He was built in 1962 and arrived on Sodor in 2002. Has a thick pirate accent. Salty is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and in US.
- Dennis is a lazy and grumpy diesel shunter. He sometimes loses his temper, which once caused him which once caused him to crash into the back wall of the shed. Despite this, Dennis is a hard worker and is sometimes called upon to rescue engines who have broken down. Dennis also has a love-hate relationship with Diesel. He is based on the Bullied diesel '11001'. He is no. 11001. He is painted light grey with dark grey wheels and red buffers. He was built in 1949 and arrived on Sodor in 2005. Has a thick Queen's English accent. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Den is a diesel engine who runs the Vicarstown Dieselworks with Dart...when Diesel 10 is not around. He is very thoughtful and thinks hard before he speaks. When Den does speak, it is very slowly. This gives the appearance that he may be a little slow, but nothing could be further from the truth. Engines can wait a long time for Den to give his insight, but it is worth the wait. Den is based on a Rolls Royce Sentinel Diesel-Hydraulic 0-4-0. Den is painted slate grey and orange with cream lining. His buffer beams are painted with orange and black wasp stripes. He has the Sodor Dieselworks logo on each side. Has a normal English accent. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and in US.
- Dart is Den’s fast and feisty assistant at the Vicarstown Dieselworks. Dart has worked with Den for so long he can read Den’s mind. Together, they run the Dieselworks well. Dart will quickly explain what Den is trying to say. No other Diesels know how to fix an engine as quickly or as capably. Dart is based on a 0-4-0 DH Bagnall. Dart is painted yellow and red with white lining and the Sodor Dieselworks logo on the sides of his cab. Has a normal English accent. He is voiced by Rupert Degas in UK, and in US.
- Sidney, nicknamed Sid, can be a bit of a forgetful engine. He starts his day at one location and ends up at another, not remembering how he got there! Sidney is based on the BR Class 09. Sidney is painted blue with orange lining and a warning panel underneath his face. He has yellow siderods, and red detailing on his wheels, like Rosie. Has a normal English accent. He is voiced by Bob Golding in UK and in US.
- Norman, nicknamed Norm, is a diesel engine who often breaks down. If he were fixed properly, he would show what a Really Useful Engine he is. Norman is based on the newly-built BR Bulleid diesel '11002'. Norman is painted red with yellow lining and a grey roof. He also has a prominent unibrow. Has a thick Queen's English accent. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and in US.
- Paxton, nicknamed Pax is a young, gentle diesel who likes the steam engines, especially Thomas. He can be a bit gullible, enabling other Diesels to take advantage of him. Paxton is based on the BR Class 10. Paxton is painted green with lime lining. He has red siderods, and red detailing on his wheels, like Rosie and Sidney. Has a normal English accent. He is voiced by Steven Kynman UK and in US.
- Zachary is a blue LNER tank engine. He is small, but very powerful. Zack is kind and gentle like Boco, even the trucks do not play tricks on him. Zack is also a member of Norramby branch line, and likes working with Molly the Holden D16. He appears to have a crush on her. Zack is a Holden rebuild of the LNER Holmes J83 tank engine. He is NWR no. 16. He is painted blue with golden dome. His friends are Thomas, Percy, Edward and Stanley. His enemy is Diesel. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- David is a helpful 0-8-0 tender engine who wants to prove himself useful. Murdoch thinks he's a bug at times, but David has struck a close friendship with Henry and Molly, and seems to idolize Hank as his hero. He is based on LMS Super D. He is painted black. His friends are Henry, Molly and Edward. His enemy is Murdoch. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Kenny is a very unlucky engine. He causes a lot of accidents, even if it isn't his fault. Thomas, Percy, Toby, and Edward care for him, but James just seems to taunt him for his bad luck. James pushed him off a cliff and killed him. Later he was rebuilt into a traction engine behind the shed. Later, Kenny was rebuilt into a tender engine again. The reason why Kenny is unlucky is because of his number 13, which is an unlucky number. He is based on LNER Class J39. He is NWR no. 13. He is painted orange. His friends are Thomas, Percy and James. His enemy is James (friendly-rivalry). Kenny is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- No. 13 is an unlucky engine. When he first arrived he caused trouble for Thomas and Percy, had his firebox damaged and stuck in a landslide. After his repairs, 13 told Thomas and Percy that he came to Sodor as an unlucky engine, but returned to the mainland as a very lucky engine. No. 13 is similar to Stanley, minus a cab roof. No. 13. is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Chelsea is a mixed-traffic female engine. Chelsea is an LNER Gresley Class K3 tender locomotive. She was built by the Great Northern Railway in 1920. During the Second World War, she and her good friends Molly the D16 and Gordon the A3 were used for taking British soldiers to battle. Some of Chelsea's class was re-built by Edward Thompson in 1945. In 1950, Chelsea was allocated to the eastern part of Sodor, before being withdrawn in 1961 due to bad condition. In 2008, she was found by Thomas and Percy, and was given an overhaul at the Sodor Steamworks, and emerged with a new coat of NWR green, and the number 16 on her cab side. Chelsea now works on the mainline, hauling the express with Gordon, Henry, Spencer, and Bear, but sometimes works on the Little Western, and has found Duck the 57xx tank engine a great Western boyfriend. Chelsea has a lot to learn, but she has a big heart, and feelings for Duck. Chelsea's best friends are Thomas, Emily, Molly and Gordon. She is one of the youngest engines, and wears her LNER green livery with pride. Chelsea shows feelings for Duck. Her best friends are Emily, Molly, Gordon, James, Henry and Thomas. His enemies are Arry and Bert. Chelsea is based on the LNER Class K3. She is NWR no. 16. She is painted LNER green. Chelsea is voiced by Teresa Gallagher in UK, and Jules de Jongh in US.
- Jerry is a happy and cheerful steam shunter. He has a tendency to be cocky, but he still wants to prove himself a really useful diesel. Jerry is based on BR Class 06. He is painted green. His friends are Duck, Oliver and Rosie. His enemies is Diesel. Jerry is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Allen is a goods engine who was saved from scrap by Boco, and now he works pulling and shunting trucks about. Bill and Ben tease him sometimes, and Allen has a fear of the scrapyards. He is based on Ivatt Class 4. He is painted red with yellow lining. His friends are Edward and BoCo. His enemies are Diesel 10, Diesel, Arry and Bert. Allen is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Nigel is a mixed-traffic engine who has been living on the Island of Sodor since the end of the Second World War. When we meet him, Eagle at first mistook him for a ghost. Nigel now works on Norramby branch line, and has found Zack the J83 a great North Eastern friend. Nigel is named after his designer, Herbert Nigel Gresley, and is based on the LNER Gresley V2, which No. 4471 - Green Arrow - is a member of. Nigel is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Glenn Wrage in US.
- Nate is a tender engine with a tendency to be cocky. Apart from that, he wants to be a really useful engine, and tries his best to be one. He is based on LNER Class C1 "Atlantic". He is painted emerald green. He is NWR no. 17. His friends are Emily, Neville and Thomas. His enemies are Arry and Bert. Nigel is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Kyle is very unique out of all steam engines. Instead of having one solid color, he has three! He is loyal and a hard worker. Kyle isn't boastful or silly, and he wants to prove himself useful to the Fat Controller's railway. He'll stand no nonsense when the other engines boss him about! He is based on LMS Fowler Class 4F. He is painted orange, green and red. His friends are Thomas, Duck and Oliver. His enemy is Diesel. Kyle is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Clyde is a small engine who works on Thomas' branchline. He is not very bright (in intelligence), explaining why he doesn't shunt the trucks on the right lines. Nevertheless, he's still a really useful engine all the same. He is based on Caledonian Railway 0-4-0T. He is painted Caledonian Railway blue. His friends are Donald, Douglas and Percy. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- ZoZo is a cheerful diesel, and is the second most sensible diesel on Sodor (first sensible is BoCo). His closest friends are BoCo and Molly, and has a good sense of humor. When he arrived, James knew you should never judge someone before you know them. He is based on BR Class 20. He is painted BR green. His friends are BoCo, Thomas and Molly. His enemies are Diesel and Diesel 10. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Jimbo is Gordon's step-brother, but pulls goods instead of coaches. He is somewhat dimwitted and naive, but proves very useful. He is never seen without his companion, Ned, whenever he is in a tight situation. He is based on LNER Class V2. He is NWR no. 18. He is painted dark green. His friends are Ned and Thomas. His enemy is Diesel. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Ned is Jimbo's closest friend, and his back engine. He is battered here and there, his left side rods are half gone, is missing back buffers (and a front one), and speaks in monotone. Nevertheless, he's still a useful diesel all the same. He is based on BR Class 09. He is painted BR blue. His friends are Jimbo. His enemy is Diesel. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Bluenose is a very strict and Sargent-like engine. He is very bossy and caused a lot of mishaps - he scratches Oliver's oil tankers (on purpose), and caused a fire at the docks, nearly killing Cranky! After the wreck, he was in grave danger of being sold for scrap. Bluenose made up for it, when Gordon broke down pulling the express, and was soon excepted as a member of the Sodor railway. He is based on LMS Stanier Class 8F. He is painted grey-blue. His enemy is Thomas. Bluenose is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK and US.
- Virgil is a tender engine. Virgil was very cocky when he first arrived on Thomas' branch line. When Thomas couldn't pull the all the fruits and vegetables to market, Virgil was called to help. Virgil managed the train and Thomas single-handedly, and the two were friends since. Virgil is based on SR N Class. He is NWR no. 19. He is painted black. His friends are Thomas, Edward and Percy. His enemy is Diesel. Virgil is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Dani is a beautiful and kind-hearted blue engine. She is in love with Gordon when she first saw him but she gets nervous around him and sometimes her face turns flushed red. Danni's also the only one who never teased Gordon at all and she became Gordon's girlfriend after she saved his life or even stood up for him. Sometimes Danni acts like a sisterly friend to Rosie at times when Rosie's in need. Danni is based on Caledonian Railway Single No. 123. She is NWR no. 26. She is painted royal blue with red stripes. Her friends are Gordon, Emily, Molly, Thomas, Rosie, etc. Her enemies are Diesel, Spencer and Diesel 10. Danni is voiced by Teresa Gallagher in UK, and Jules de Jongh in US.
- Topher is a large, powerful and bright blue engine with a 2-8-2 wheel arrangement and a six-tender wheel. He is named after Sir Topham Hatt. Topham is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Wendy is Emily's substitute when Thomas and Emily go to the other railway to search for new engines. When she arrived, Stanley took a shine to her. After Thomas and Emily's return with the new engines, Wendy was allowed to stay. Wendy is based on the LSWR Class T9 No. 30120. She is NWR no. 20. She is painted purple with yellow stripes. Her friends are Stanley, Emily and Molly. Wendy is voiced by Teresa Gallagher in UK, and Jules de Jongh in US.
- Marty is the newest engine on Norramby, and also the strongest. He was naive and silly when he first arrived, but learned the value of teamwork Molly's injector failed and Marty had to pull Molly and their train single-handedly. Marty is based on the LSWR Class M7. He is no. ½. He is painted red. His friends are Thomas, Hunter and Eagle. His enemies are 98462 and 87546. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Hunter is a GWR tank engine. Hunter was built in 1906 and came to Sodor in the 1920's like Marty. He is used for shunting coaches for the bigger engines (Gordon, Henry, 98462, 87546), and is a useful tank engine. Hunter is currently working on Duck's branchline as a shunting engine. He is based on GWR 45xx Class. He is painted GWR green. His friends are Thomas, Marty and Eagle. His enemies are 98462 and 87546. Hunter is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Quinten is a kind-hearted and friendly Q1 engine. He is Neville's sole surviving brother, and the two have a good relationship with each other. He was bought to Sodor on trail while Sir Topham Hatt was away, and it was successful, Quinten was allowed to stay. The two engines fell out after an accident, but now Neville and Quinten are friends again. Quinten loves telling jokes. He is based on SR Class Q1. He is painted BR black. His friends are Molly, Thomas and Eagle. His enemies are Gregory and Diesel 11. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Matthew is an alligator engine. Matthew arrives on Sodor to deliver fireworks, but soon rescues the Engines from being trapped, and is now part of the Sodor Railway. He is based on LMS Ivatt Class 2 2-6-0. He is painted dark blue with red and yellow lining. Matthew is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Hans is a German tender engine. Hans was bought from Germany to Sodor because work on the main-line was getting hard. Henry, Gordon, and Emily had to show him around, whilst keeping their secret from James. Hans is very well-meaning, and has a good sense of humor. He is based on Class 17.10 4-6-0 Steam Loco. He is NWR no. 21. He is painted black and red. His friends are Thomas, Henry and Gordon. His enemy is Diesel 11. Hans is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Glenn Wrage in US.
- Archie is a Australian engine. Archie was bought from Queensland, Australia to Sodor to help on Neville's branchline. He means well, but can get distracted sometimes. He is based on Queensland Railway Class PB15. He is painted black. His friends are Thomas, Percy and Stanley. His enemy is Diesel 11. Archie is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and David Bedella in US.
- Simon is a green engine. Simon and his sister, Sarah, were built on the GWR, and came to Ireland, where they lived since. Molly, Neville, and Eagle brought them to Sodor, and there Simon and Sarah now live. He is the older of the two, is sensible, cocky, and often impatient. He is based on GWR 61xx Class. He is NWR no. 22. He is painted green. His friends are Molly, Neville, Eagle and Sarah. His enemy is Diesel 11. Simon is voiced by Mark Wahlberg in UK and US.
- Sarah is a green engine. Sarah and her brother, Simon, were built on the GWR, and came to Ireland, where they lived since. Molly, Neville, and Eagle brought them to Sodor, and there Simon and Sarah now live. She is the younger of the two, can be shy and sensitive, but still proves useful. She is based on GWR 61xx Class. She is NWR no. 23. She is painted green. Her friends are Molly, Neville, Eagle and Simon. Her enemy is Diesel 11. Sarah is voiced by Amanda Seyfried in UK and US.
- Ando is a strong Japanese tender engine doing passenger work. He is based on Japanese National Railway C62 steam locomotive. Ando is voiced by Togo Igawa in UK, and US.
- Alex is a custom NWR 4-2-4 tank engine built by the Sodor Steamworks. Alex has a lot to learn, but has a big heart, and is very helpful. He is also very unique - instead of having one solid color, he is made of four! (red, yellow, green, and black) He is no. 71. He also works on Thomas' branchline. Alex is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Otto is a black tender engine and Stanley's best friend. He is based on Bagnall 0-4-0ST. Otto is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US. His twin is Otis.
- Michelle is a good-natured but timid tender engine. She has a serious crush on Henry. Michelle is based on LMS Jubilee Class. She is painted royal green with red stripes. Michelle is voiced by Lindsay Lohan in UK, and in US.
- Bridget is Edward's love-interest. She is a very shy and timid engine, but when she meets Edward, she gains confidence. She is based on the LNER Gresley Class D49. She is painted green with red stripes. She is voiced by Lacey Chabert in UK, and in US.
- Tim is a red tank engine. He is based on LBSCR Class E4 tank engine. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Aly is a custom yellow 4-4-0 tank engine built by the Sodor Steamworks. Stephanie is found a very shy and quiet engine, even around boy engines. She is no. 46. Her best friends are Molly and Emily, and she has a crush on Eagle.
- Maddie is a steam railcar. She is based on LNER Sentinel Steam Railcar. She is voiced by Teresa Gallagher in UK, and Jules de Jongh in US.
- Stewie is a yellow, unlucky tank engine. He causes lots of accidents. Thomas, Duck, Edward, BoCo and Toby still care for him, but James seem taunts him for his bad luck. After James pushes Stewie off a cliff and destroys him, Duck takes him to Crovan's Gate Works and rebuilt him. He is no. 75. His enemy was James and later his friends is now James. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and David Bedella in US.
- Rutger is a custom 2-6-2 tank engine built by the Crovan's Gate Works in 1920s like Henry. Duck warns him to be careful, but Rutger ignores his advice and collects some gunpower trucks.But James puffs into the Hill, sees Rutger and his gunpower trucks and pushes them down the hill and push them off a cliff, and Rutger is damaged and destroyed. Duck collects Rocky and races to rescue Rutger and put him on Rocky's flatbed. Duck takes Rugter to the Crovan's Gate Steamworks to be rebuilt, and James is punished for pushing Rutger and his gunpower trucks off the cliff and destroying him, and given a punishment by keeping him in the shed for two months. He was no. 76. Rutger was voiced by Keith Wickham in the UK and William Hope in the US.
- Whitelocke is a grumpy freight engine. He hates pulling trucks, and always grumbles about it. He is based on LNER Gresley O2. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Wiliam Hope in US.
- Dahlia is a green express engine. She pulls the express on the main-line, and despises trucks. Dahlia was vain, and refused to help Gordon and Henry on the main line. She gave advice to Diesel, and also refused to swap jobs with Henry; Dahlia was to take Henry's trucks, and Henry shunted coaches. She stopped at the brick bridge between Gordon's Hill and Wellsworth Station. Henry came to pulled Dahlia to Wellsworth Station. The Fat Controller scolded her for refusing to pull trains. He gave her a punishment by keeping her in the shed for 4 days. When the trucks pushed Henry down the line, he ended up in a collapsing bridge. Dahlia rescued Henry, and worked together. She is now a permanent member of the Fat Controller's fleet. Dahlia is based on LNER Raven Class A2. She is voiced by Rachel McAdams in UK and US.
- Edwin is an powerful mixed-traffic LNER Gresley Class V3 tank engine. He was built in 1931, and rebuilt 1939. During the war, he was used for shunting trucks for the British Army. In 1946, he arrived on Sodor, and was withdrawn in 1959 when Sir Topham Hatt didn't have the funds to repair Edwin, so he locked him away in a shed in the forests. In 2008, Molly the yellow engine encountered him late at night and thought he was a ghost by his white paint and ghoulish steam he created. When she found out he wasn't a ghost, Sir Topham Hatt restored him and now he works on Thomas' branchline and the mainline, and is best friends with Thomas, Percy, Emily and Molly. Edwin is based on LNER Gresley Class V3. He is no. 19. He is painted NWR black. Edwin is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Vincent is a green 4-4-0 tender engine with red lining and a eight-wheel tender, resembling Edward. He is based on the London and South Western Railway 'T9' Class 4-4-0. Only one has survived into preservation which is No.120 (BR No.30120) currently based at the Bodmin and Wenford Railway in Cornwall, Southern England. By now, Vincent is probably working with Kenny on the Kirk Ronan branch line. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Bob is a blue 0-8-2 tank engine based on LNWR 1185 Class built in 1911 by the London and North Western Railway (LNWR), who looks like Thomas but bigger. By now, Bob is probably working at Tidmouth as a shunting engine, arranging all manner of rolling stock. As well as retaining his blue paintwork, Bob probably retains the sign-writing of "Croven's Gate Works" painted on his side tanks. Bob is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Kenny is a black 0-6-0 tender engine built in 1876 by L&YR (Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway) that looks like James, and he was looking sad when the Fat Controller came to the workshop to choose a new tank engine. Many years later, Kenny is probably now working on the Kirk Ronan branch line. Kenny is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Harley is a green 4-4-4 tank engine who works at the Kirk Ronan branch line. He is based on an NER Raven H1 4-4-4T. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Kitchener is an ex-army locomotive. His full name is "The Sodor Regiment" after the island's army regiment, but he was given his nickname on arrival to help along the Sir Topham Hatt's extension line. He is based on the LMS Royal Scot. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Max is a kind and friendly diesel shunter. He is based on BR Class 03. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Martin Sherman in US.
- Fletcher is a old tender engine. He is based on Furness Railway E1 2-4-0 tender engine. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Stan is a Mexican-Italian tank engine who works at the Sodor Steamworks. He is a easy-going, kind-hearted and friendly tank engine. He is a modified Baldwin 2-4-2 with an extended rear cab, two domes and a bell at the front of his boiler. Stan is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Ten Cents is a small tank engine and the first Star fleet engine. He is one of the younger Star Tugs. He has a tendency to be somewhat cheeky at times, but he is strong willed and it takes a lot to break him. He is quick-witted and takes action swiftly without hesitation. He never lets other tugs bully him and never fails to stand up for others. He is always willing to set aside his own safety for the sake of others. His whistle/hooter's tone is strident but middle-pitched and Ten Cents almost always sounds it in a quick double-or-triple-bursts. He speaks with a strong East End Cockney accent. Ten Cents works mainly with Sunshine, the Star Fleet's third and smaller tank engine. They have shared many adventures, almost to the extent that it is impossible to imagine one without the other. Hercules often relies on Ten Cents to look after others such as Lillie or the Duchess. He is no. 1. He is based on LBSCR Billington E2-Class 0-6-0T. He is voiced by Simon Nash in UK, and Sam Gold in US.
- Big Mac is a large and powerful tender engine with a distinctively broad Glaswegian accent. Big Mac can come across a rude and stubborn engine, but he has a heart of gold, despite his tedencies to be macho, gruff and tough at times. He is very much willing to set aside his own safety for the sake of others, and usually (but not always) remains level-headed when undergoing a strategy. Big Mac works mainly with Warrior, an engine who resembles him in many ways. As opposed to his gruff personality, he is fitted with a rich and melodic chime whistle. Big Mac is without a doubt an essential character to engines, he is, after all, the strongest tug of the fleet and despite his sometimes abrasive manners, he can be kind and gentle. He is always willing to help out someone in trouble, and uses his great strength to help wherever he can. He is no. 2. He is based on BR standard class 9F goods engine. He is voiced by Nigel Anthony in UK, and Phil Lollar in US.
- OJ is a wise old tank engine with prominent single driving wheels and an Welsh accent. OJ's whistle is the deepest of the Star Engine's, and has a distinct 'warble' in it, sounding very much like a distress klaxon sounded for short bursts. As the Star Fleet's 'wise elder', OJ possesses unbeatable wisdom. He has extensive knowledge and experience of harbour life and manoeuvres, and because of this, Captain Star often places him in charge of large operations, such as ocean liner docking maneuvers. On various occasions, OJ has demonstrated his ability to devise swift and clever strategies to help himself and his fellow Stars out of predicaments. He does not stand for nonsense, and is quick to correct the younger tugs if they make mistakes. Despite his occasionally harsh approach, OJ cares for his brothers as a grandparent would for their grandchildren. He is no. 3. He is based on the North Eastern Railway's 2-2-4T. He is voiced by Timothy Bateson in UK, and Sam Gold in US.
- Top Hat is an arrogant and pompous express engine with a top hat, a monocle and a Upper Class (Posh English) accent. Like OJ, Top Hat's whistle is very deeply pitched, but softened somewhat in comparison with OJ's - he is also fitted with a fog-horn. Top Hat cares mainly about himself and saving his own neck. He is often ridiculed by his companions, particularly Ten Cents and the villanous Z stacks. He is no. 4. He is based on LNER Class A4. He is voiced by John Baddeley in UK, and Godfrey in US.
- Warrior is a strong but clumsy tender engine. He usually works with his close companion, friend and colleague Big Mac. Like Harvey, he speaks with a deep voice and a probably South London accent. Warrior's whistle has a single note and is very nasal, much like a factory hooter. He is no. 5. He is based on LNER B12. He is voiced by Sean Barrett in UK and US.
- Hercules is a railway-going, mysterious tender engine. Character-wise, Hercules is a cool-headed fighter. He speaks with a clear, soft tone and a politically correct (P.C.) English accent, but his words are often hard. Nothing can break him and not even the antics of the Z-Stacks and Bluenose can set him back. He is held in high regard by most of the tugs in the harbour, and even Zorran knows that he cannot win a confrontation with Hercules. Hercules is famously known for referring to his fellow Star Tugs as "ma' dears", "darling" and "sweet-heart". He has black sideburns on the side of his smokebox. He is recognised for his 'discreet' relationship with Lillie Lightship, and his 'lady's man' persona. Like Big Mac, Hercules is fitted with a chime whistle, but one with a 'cleaner' sound and a two-tone signiture. He is no. 6. He is based on LNER Class A3 4-6-2. He is voiced by Nigel Anthony in UK, and Godfrey in US.
- Sunshine is a small saddle tank engine and Ten's Cents' best friend. Sunshine can be occasionally cheeky at times, but he is very strong willed nevertheless. He is quick-witted and takes action swiftly without hesitation (usually). Sunshine also can figure things out very quickly. On the subject of whistles, Sunshine's is middle-to-high pitched and has a distinct 'whooping' sound which could best be described as 'upbeat', suiting his personality and name. Sunshine works mainly with Ten Cents, the Star Fleet's first and larger tank engine. They have shared many adventures, almost to the extent that it is impossible to imagine one without the other. Sunshine has a rather soft Newcastle (or Geordie) accent and (most of the time) he whistles when he speaks, because he is missing some of his front teeth. He is no. 7. He is based on GWR Avonside 0-4-0ST with No. 1430 "Trojan" body shape and 1361 Class bunker. He is voiced by Shaun Prendergast in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Grampus is a Star Fleet narrow gauge engine once owned by the navy. He is a close friend with the Star Fleet and has helped them out in various situations. He speaks with a Central English accent (with a noticeable lisp). He is no. 8. He is based on Talyllyn Railway's "Edward Thomas". He is voiced by Lee Cornes in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Lillie Lightengine is a friend of the Star Fleet and Ten Cents has a crush on her. She is voiced by Susan Sheridan.
- Sally Seadiesel is a friend of the Star Fleet and Sunshine has a crush on her. She is voiced by Cree Summer.
- Zorran is a very evil, scheming engine, rival to Ten Cents and the first Zero fleet engine. His lackeys are usually Zug and Zip who do his dirty work to keep him happy. He speaks with a neutral English accent (with lashings of Cockney). Although he is a steam engine, his deep, aggressive whistle sounds more like the air-horns fitted to modern diesel locomotives, trucks and ships. He is no. 1. He is based on L&YR Aspinall Class 27/Hughes Class 28 2-6-0 hybrid with a Fowler tender. He is voiced by Chris Tulloch in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Zebedee is a rude tank engine and the rouge of his fleet. He speaks with a Liverpudlian accent. He's mean and vindictive on the outside, but on the inside there is much to his personality. Although loud, Zebedee's whistle produced a single flat note with a sound that would best be described as 'bwaa-!' He is no. 2. He is based on LMS Ivatt Class 2MT 2-6-2T. He is voiced by Nigel Anthony in UK, and Sam Gold in US.
- Zak is a threatening tender engine. He is a thuggish character, often aggressive and threatening. Publicity material for the series indicated that he saw himself as a potential leader of the Z-Stacks. Zak is the Z-Stack equvilent to the Star fleet's Hercules. His whistle sounds like Warrior's, but only deeper with two tones. He speaks with a gruff cockney accent. He is no. 3. He is based on SR Bulleid Q1. He is voiced by Shaun Prendergast in UK, and William Hope in US.
- Zug is a small tank engine. He speaks with a Eastern European accent (thought to be Estonian). Zug is a scheming and vindictive engine, he mainly works with Zip and is the brains of the operation, whereas Zip tends to be rather thick! Zug is obviously scared of the main Z-Stack Zorran and has a tendency to be somewhat nervous and jittery around him. Zug and Zip are the Z-Stack equivalents of Ten Cents and Sunshine, in that they are the smaller engines of the fleet, who work together, just like them and are often, plotting against them. Zug is not all that smart but compared to Zip he sure is. Zug's whistle has a hooting quality that sounded very much like a squeezy horn, but deeper. He is no. 4. He is based on Bagnall 0-4-0ST. He is voiced by Mike Mulloy in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Zip is a dim-witted, but scatterbrained tank engine and Zug's best friend. He speaks with a neutral English accent. Zip is famously described as 'Zug, only worse'. His head is often in the clouds, and he is well known for being a coward. He is easily scared and sometimes speaks out of turn. He is very quick to back down when engaging in an argument, and is easily dominated. Zip is often described as being 'slow in the head', for it will often take him a while to catch onto things, even basic terms and phrases like devious. He is mostly out of plans, but may do his own, screwing up the original. Zip's whistle, much like Star tank engine Sunshine, had a 'whooping' sound, but was deeper, with a middle-to-low pitch. Whilst Zip and Zug are a similar wavelength, and have often been comparied with Ten Cents and Sunshine, Zug is much more skeptical of the pair, whilst Zip is quite the opposite. He will often follow along with Zug's plans in any situation, even if the concept of doing so causes him to loose his nerves. Zug often takes advantage of Zip's naivity to keep himself out of danger. He is no. 5. He is based on Hudswell Clark/Kiston No. 5459/Austin No.1 hybrid. He is voiced by John Baddeley in UK, and Sam Gold in US.
- 98462 and 87546/Alfred and 87546 are rude, spiteful, impolite, and nasty steam tender engines. They are mean to the other engines, notably Edward, Gordon, and Henry. 87456 once refused to work, whilst 98462 was spiteful to the tank engines, which is why they were soon dismissed from the railway. It is not known what happened to them since the decline of steam. Alfred98462/is an express engine. He was a conceited engine who thinks tank engines are useless, even if they have 14 wheels or their name is Stevenson. Alfred/98462 is based on the LNER Holden B12. 87546 is a mixed-traffic engine. He was a grumpy and lazy engine like Dennis and refused to pull goods trains. He learned his lesson with having a collision with Neville. Now 87546 became the Governor's private engine and named Crovan. 87546 is based on the LNER Gresley B17. They are no. 98462 and 87546. Alfred/98462 was painted LNER apple green but was painted blue with red and yellow lining and his name withdrawn from him. While 87547 is painted blue with red and yellow lining. Their enemies are Edward, Gordon, Henry, Duck, Oliver and Toad. Alfred/98462 is voiced by Tim Curry in the UK and the US and while 87546/Crovan is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and William Hope and Martin Sherman in US.
- Horace is a rude and arrogant tender engine. He is mean to the other engines, notably Percy. Horace arrived on Sodor to help with extra heavy work. He bullied him, refused to work and was spiteful to tank engines. The Fat Controller sent him away for being rude, nasty and bullying. Horace is based on the LNER Class D14 with a Fowler tender. He is painted dark green with red and yellow lining. His model was recycled from Royal Claude, and later repainted and modified to be reused for Molly.
- Jinty and Pug are shunting tank engines. They and five other engines were borrowed from the mainland to run the North Western Railway while the engines visited England. Jinty ran Thomas’ Branch line while Thomas was away and later helped when Thomas crashed through some buffers. Percy knew them before they came to Sodor. Jinty is based on an LMS 3F 0-6-0T. Pug is based on an LMS 0F Kitson 0-4-0ST. Jinty is no. 47281. Pug is no. 52312. They are painted black.
- King James I is a GWR 6000 4-6-0 tender engine who worked alongside Duck in the days when he worked in Paddington.
- Manus, Doalty and Jimmy are 3 of Toby’s brothers. According to “Toby, Trucks & Trouble”, Toby had several brothers, all LNER J70 tram engines like him. Toby is now old and his brothers have never been heard of since. It can be assumed that they were all sold to other private railways around England. Toby hopes they have been saved from the clutches of the scrap dealers. They are all painted Brown with black cowcatchers and side plates. LNER is written on the side plates in yellow.
- Royal Claude is a Claude Hamilton Locomotive from the LNER that was around whilst Toby was working at the Yarmouth Harbor as part of the LNER. He was built in 1904 by James Holden. He is the same class as Molly. It can be assumed he works on the main line. He is painted green and he is LNER no. 8783. His model was later repainted and modified to be used for Horace.
- Wilbert (formally named G.B. Keeling) is a blue Hunslet WD 0-6-0ST from the Dean Forest Railway. He is very sensible and polite, and does his best to work well. Wilbert is also clever and inventive. Wilbert is based on the LNER Class J94/Hunslet Austerity 0-6-0 saddle tank. He is no. 3806 and painted navy with red lining and black wheels.
- Sixteen was a troublesome Hunslet WD 0-6-0ST saddletank engine working in an unnamed steelworks. Sixteen lived with several other engines at a steelworks, where his job was to take trucks of slag to a place called the "tip". Sixteen wanted to go past the "DANGER" board, and managed to do so one rainy day, blaming the incident on the trucks. His fireman was told to reverse him, but before he could do so Sixteen tilted and landed on the ground on his side. He was rescued and sent to the sheds in disgrace, but luckily for him he was purchased by a preservation group on the Midlands and now works on their railway. He is no. 16. Sixteen is painted reddish-brown with beige wheels and black and yellow hazard stripes on his bufferbeams.
- Albert is Thomas' father. His character appears to be like that of Thomas - he described Albert as being gentlemanly and polite. Albert is based on the Parker J1 2-4-2 class, rebuilt from the earlier E1 class of 2-4-0 tank engines of 1870, which were built originally by Sharp, Stewart and Co. Albert is painted in the Furness Railway's red livery with "FR" written in yellow on his sides.
- Morris, Jasper, Grunt and Bob are Sixteen's friends. When Sixteen worked at the Steelworks, he worked with some other industrial tank engines who were described by Wilbert as his friends. Unlike Sixteen, they obeyed the rules and never went beyond the "DANGER" notice at the tip. They tried their best to warn Sixteen not to go beyond the "DANGER" notice, to no avail.
- The workshop engines are many engines that appear in the works. The first one is a black 0-6-0 tender engine with red stripes resembling Edward. The second is a blue 0-8-2 tank engine resembling Thomas. The third is a large red 4-6-2 tender engine with black lining resembling Gordon. The fourth one is a green 4-4-0 tender engine with Red Lining. These engines were covered with tarpaulins (Gordon, James, Thomas, Henry and Edward). One is a small red Saddle tank engine and the same class as Percy. The other one is a blue engine resembling Wilbert with Blue wheels. Edward met some engines at the works. One is a green engine resembling Murdoch with smoke deflectors. Another one is an electric multiple-unit. These EMUs are still used on branch line services in Britain. A third engine can be seen right behind Edward but cannot be seen clearly.
- The Foreign Engine or sometimes known as the Big City Engine is a tender engine from LMS built at Crewe in 1934. He once came to Sodor and argued with Duck and Gordon about the name of Kings Cross. Gordon argued it was Kings Cross, Foreign Engine argued Euston and Duck argued Paddington. The argument continued even after the engine left. He is painted LMS "Patriot" 4-6-0. The engine is painted dark green with red lining and grey wheels and cylinders.
- Percy’s friends are four 1377 Class 1F 0-6-0 tank engines from the other railway. Their real names are unknown. Percy once met them at Vicarstown and told them of the time he braved a flood to help Thomas, when Henry came along and told them to go away.
- Jinty and Pug's companions are visiting engines. These engines came to Sodor with Jinty and Pug to run the line while the engines were on display in England. They are painted in the B.R.'s black livery.
- Dave is a Brunswick Green Great Central Railway's O4 Class 8F 2-8-0 tender engine. In the late 1950s, Gordon would stop at Vicarstown with the Express and an engine from the Other Railway would take the train on to London. One day, the engine pulling the Express that day rolled over while coming out of the yard, blocking the line. With permission from the Fat Controller, Gordon took the train on to London.
- Pete is a dirty black GCR Class 8K 2-8-0 heavy freight tender engine. He is closest friends with Dave, who took the Express before rolling over and coming off the rails as he was coming out of the yard.
- The scrapyard engines were paint-losing broken engines. All four had lost their paint and were waiting to be scrapped on a siding. The engine on the left seems to be a GWR 2251 Class 0-6-0 tender engine. The engine on the right seems to be a LNWR 0-8-2 tank engine with its trailing wheels, bunker and back end of its cab already cut off. The engine behind the engine on the right, on the same track, seems to be another tank engine with its smokebox door and its side tanks already removed. The fourth engine, on the far right, appears to be another tank engine.
- The Old Engine is an unnamed LNER GER J15 0-6-0 goods tender engine, built at Stratford works by TW Worsdell in 1913. When Toby visited the Seaside branch line, he noticed the Old Engine struggling with a load and offered to help himself. He is described as being younger than Toby. The Old Engine is LNER no. 1020. The old engine was painted in BR black, but his paintwork was tarnished by a covering of dirt.
- Old Stuck-Up, so named by James, is a haughty BR Class 40 1Co-Co1 diesel. He was built at Vulcan Foundry in 1960 and came to Sodor in 1983. BoCo was to show Old Stuck-Up, who then had not received his nickname, around, but when the diesel saw steam engines in the shed he refused to go further and insulted the railway for keeping them in service. A furious James bestowed upon him the nickname "Old Stuck-Up". The next day, Old Stuck-Up was about to leave when he remembered he needed refueling. He attempted to use BoCo and Bear's part of the shed to be refueled and cleaned, but slid on cleaning fluid on the rails and thus crashed into the back of the shed. He was sent home after being talked to severely by the Fat Controller - BoCo quipped that while he couldn't hear everything, he didn't think it sounded particularly flattering. His real name may be determined by his number D125 or if it is something other than his number perhaps not. He is no. 40125. He is painted in a British Rail "Rail Blue" livery with yellow warning panels.
- 31120 is a Class 31 Diesel. His headcode is 1X01, which is odd as the X indicates “Royal Train” or “out-of-gauge load”.
- 10751 is a BR Class 101 DMU. Gordon took his Railtour train after he failed.
- D199/Spamcan is a goods diesel. He was pompous and rude, and sided with the general belief amongst diesels that steam engines are inferior to diesel power. 199 ironically failed and had to be helped home by Molly. He was soon sent home in disgrace. 199 is based on the BR Class 44. He is painted in the British Railway's "Rail Blue" livery with yellow warning panels.
- Stepney is an engine on loan from the Bluebell Railway. Thomas' branch line was getting overworked, and Thomas was pleased for some assistance. Stepney is based on the LB&SCR A1x Class "Terrier" 0-6-0T tank locomotive. Has a normal English accent. Stepney is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- The Diesel is a rude and conceited BR Class 40 1Co-Co1 Diesel. He was built at Vulcan Foundry in 1960. He was sent to Sodor in 1963 to assist the engines with goods and express work, but only insulted them by saying they were out of date. He of course, got his comeuppance when an inspector’s hat jammed in his air intake, leaving Duck and Stepney to take the Express for him. While everyone was fare welling Stepney, the Diesel crept away, leaving behind a nasty smell and a battered bowler hat. He is number D261. He is painted in British Railway's two-tone green livery with black roofs and yellow warning panels. Has a Queen's English accent. He is voiced by Ben Small in UK, and in US.
- The passing diesel is a diesel shunter who shouts a warning that Oliver was escaping.
- The Other Railway Diesels are Diesels. There were some that stared at Stepney while passing by. The first one was colored green and cream and had a yellow face. He resembles a Cl 31 Brush Type 3 A1A-A1A diesel-electric. If looked at closely, his number seems to be D701. His headcode is "4F12". The second was brown, and resembles a Cl 52 "Western" C-C diesel-hydraulic. The last was colored green all over, and resembles a Cl 40 1Co-Co1. It is also seen that his number is D782. The Last three appeared while Oliver tried making his escape, by a signal box near the quarry branch where Oliver hid. One was a blue diesel very similar in shape to BoCo, while only the face of the second one was seen; it was covered in yellow and black "hazard" stripes. If you look closely at the main line going away from the signal box, you can see another diesel engine in the background.
- Spencer is the fastest steam engine in the world. He is Gordon's cousin, despite them not getting along with each other. Spencer is arrogant and pompous, and believes himself superior to the others. This leads to him in a mishap, but he never learns a lesson. Spencer is based on the LNER Gresley A4, which Mallard is based on. He is painted silver with blue-grey cylinders and wheels and black linings. Has a thick Queen's English accent. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Glenn Wrage in US.
- Diesel 11, as you may know, is Diesel 10's bigger, badder brother. He is so strong, he would crunch a open wagon to pieces. All the other engines are afraid of him, but Thomas, Edward, Duck, Oliver and Stepney push him off a cliff, along with Diesel 12! Diesel 11 is based on BR Class 55 with an added non-regulation hydraulic claw connected to a metallic crane arm. He is painted blue with turquoise stripes. His friends are Diesel, Arry and Bert. His enemies are Diesel 10 and steam engines.
- Diesel 12 is Diesel 11's best friend, who comes to Sodor with Diesel 11. All the engines are afraid of him, but Thomas, Edward, Duck, Oliver and Stepney defeated Diesel 11 by pushing him off a cliff, and also, Diesel 12 shows up and falls off a cliff too. Diesel 12 is based on BR Class 55 with an added non-regulation hydraulic claw connected to a metallic crane arm. He is painted purple with turquoise stripes. His friends are Diesel, Arry and Bert. His enemies are Diesel 10 and steam engines.
- Tornado is the newest steam engine for British Railways. The 50th member of his class, Tornado wears LNER apple green livery with pride. He also has grey mustache, and speaks in a posh British accent. Tornado is LNER Peppercorn A1 No. 60163.
- Olton Hall is a red tender engine. Olton Hall came to Sodor on loan from the other railway whilst Gordon was undergoing repairs. On the day Gordon was due back, Olton Hall broke down. Thomas and Emily had to take his train back, but they had an encounter with an old wooden bridge (as Edward found out), and were stuck! Gordon saved them, and brought the train on another route. Two days later, Olton Hall was repaired, and returned to the other railway. He is based on GWR 49xx Class. He is GWR no. 5792. His friends are Gordon, Henry, Thomas and Emily. His enemies are other railway diesels.
- Gregory was one of two engines on trail from the other railway. Unlike kind-hearted Quinten, Gregory was rude and arrogant, but Molly was blissfully unaware of this. In the Sodor war, Gregory was killed by Diesel 10 to protect Molly, but wasn't successful. It is not known if he was rebuilt or scrapped completely. Gregory is based on LB&SCR E2. He is painted orange with yellow lining and black running plates. His enemy is Thomas.
- Diesel 10 is the main villain of the movie, and a large and very powerful diesel engine with a large metal claw. He is an evil, conniving, bullying, and psychotic monster. He absolutely despises steam engines, and would call them taunting names like "puffball" and "teapot". Diesel 10 is based on a BR Class 42 "Warship" with an added non-regulation hydraulic claw connected to a metallic crane arm. Has a thick Russian accent. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK and US.
- Splatter and Dodge are Diesel 10's bungling henchmen, whom he collectively calls "Splodge" to save time. The two grow disdain for him by the end of the movie, and refuse to help him catch Thomas and Lady. Splatter and Dodge are based on the BR Class 08, like Diesel, Arry, and Bert. Have normal English accents. They are voiced by Neil Crone and Kevin Frank, respectively, in the UK and in the US.
- No. 2244 is a very cocky, boastful, spiteful, evil and devious Steam Garratt Engine from the Australian Railway "The Great Forest Railway". He is the biggest rival of Edward, because he was sent away in desgrace by Edward for trying to blow up the Great Forest Railway. 2244 is sometimes known as the Darkness for him having a black coat of paint and he is pure evil.
- Burke and Blair are evil scrap-dealing diesels. They are based on BR Class 14. They are no. 8517 and 8519.
- Sam is an old Scottish engine. He has a strong Scottish accent and has a Scottish attitude, i.e. doesn't always listen to the "English" engines. However, once he met Donald and Douglas, he changed completely and is always a welcome visitor to the sheds. Sam is based on the LNER J39, the most numerous of Gresley's designs.
- Gwen is Molly's younger sister. She was built in 1984, as a replica for the LNER Claud Hamilton. She's a goth engine, which is evident through her wearing of black make-up and black paint scheme. Despite her often morbid and broodily personality, she is quite friendly and loves her "sister" Molly beyond anything. Still, she can be get very creepy at times and is not afraid to speak her mind.
- Quinlee is a silver tender engine and Spencer's girlfriend. At first, she plays a rival to Molly, mostly because of Molly's dislike for Thompson designs. In the end, they made up and became friends. She is based on LNER Thompson Class B1. She is no. 1264.
- Sir Nigel Gresley is one of Spencer's brothers. He's very competitive, and wants to prove his speed and strength. Sir Nigel, like Spencer, is based on the LNER Class A4, and is remarkably a real engine.
- Rafael is a freight engine with an attitude. He didn't take to the smaller engines, but when he bashed into two lorries who were competing with Percy and Eagle, Ryan has changed completely. Ryan is based on the LMS Stanier 8F.
- Charles is a mixed-traffic engine. He had problems on his first day, but he did well the next day, and even made the trucks behave. Charles is based on the LNER Class C1.
- John is a grumpy freight engine. LNER Thompson Class B1.
- Harry is Oliver's and Henry's brother. GWR Class 14xx.
- Jackson is a shunting tank engine. LNER Class J50.
- Walter is Toby's cousin. Despite his small size, Walter is strong in strength, and proved so to James. Walter is based on the LNER Class Y6, and early development of the J70.
- Goose is Duck's brother. GWR Class 57xx.
- Earl is an express engine. He's the second of his class, and helps Gordon and Spencer with the Wild Nor'Wester. Earl is based on the un-streamlined LNER Class P2.
- Mandy is a green engine like Emily but she has freckles like Rosie. She arrived on Sodor to help Emily. But a turntable made her sick. SECR C Class.
- Patrick is a green engine who likes Duck and Oliver. But he does not like Donald, Douglas, Arry and Bert.
- Max & Ruby are 2 bunny engines who are friends with Thomas, Percy, Emily, Toby, Stepney, Edward, Henry, Gordon, James and the others. But they dislike Diesel, Arry and Bert.
- Caillou is a rude, arrogant engine from Canada, who complains, whines and always causes trouble for the engines.
- Jim is Thomas' substitute when Emily and Thomas go to the other railway to search for new engines. When he arrived, Molly disliked him for "replacing" Thomas. After Thomas and Emily's return with the new engines, Molly forgave Jim, who was allowed to stay. Jim is based on the LMS Fowler 4F No. 44422.
- Class 37 is an arrogant, powerful, and fast diesel locomotive and the first true villain in the series. He despises steam engines, calling Danielle a "galloping sausage", John "rusty red scrap iron", and Mike "old square wheels". He was brought down to size when Zack and Riddle poured sugar in his fuel intake, resulting in a freak accident with Mike. Class 37 was soon sent home in disgrace. Class 37 is based on BR Class 37. He is BR no. 37003. He likes being the best, showing off and bullying steam engines. He hates/fears steam engines and being brought down to size. He is rude, arrogant, smug and conceited. He was built in 1960.
- City of Truro is a real life steam engine, built in 1903 that works for the Great Western Railway. The Engines met him when he visited in 1958, He made good friends with the great western engines including Duck and Oliver. which made Gordon boastful about his fast record.
- The Flying Scotsman is a LNER Class A3 4-6-2 and also the last of Gordon’s brothers. He was built in 1923 and came to Sodor in 1968. He holds the record for being the first engine to successfully run 100mph. He was sent to Sodor to cheer up Gordon when he was feeling down about hearing about Diesel’s taking over railways. The Flying Scotsman stayed on Sodor and left after Douglas saved Oliver from Scrap. Henry feels jealous about his 2 tenders. Has a thick Queen's English accent, he is voiced by Rufus Jones in the UK and the US.
- Lord is the magical source of the Island of Sodor. He is the "God of the Railway". He is a handsome, kind-hearted, and friendly tender engine. He arrived on Sodor in 1920's, with Edward and Henry. Eagle and Gordon arrived in the next decade. He had once broke down in a tunnel and been abandoned. 59 years later, Thomas, Edward and Gordon found him and took him to Crovan's Gate Works. He was rebuilt into a narrow gauge outline with a taller chimney, dome and cab like Bert and Jock, and repainted in the same livery as Lady. He was a modified GNR Ivatt Class C1/LNER Gresley Class A1/A3 hybrid 4-6-0 with a completely cylinder-like boiler, a front dip and a LNER Holden B12-style tender. He is a modified Great Northern Railway Class C1, LNER Class A1/A3, and LMS Stanier Mogul with a 4-6-0 wheel arrangement, a completely cylinder-like boiler, a smooth running plate curved as one LNER O2, Stanier two-cylinder and motion and Walschaerts valve gear and a 6-wheel Fowler tender. He is voiced by Robert D. Cardona.
- The Were Engine is the werewolf-like engine. Everynight, Thomas turns into a Were Engine. He is more powerful than his orignal form. The trucks behave well because the Were Engine scares them. The Were Engine is based on a Class E4 Tank Engine.
- The Red Were Engine is the red werewolf-like engine. Everynight, James turns into a Were Engine. He is more powerful than his original form.
- Smelter is a villainous diesel engine with a roof-top hydraulic grabber. He is a large, powerful diesel. On his roof, like Diesel 10, is a hydraulic crane arm with a giant metal claw. In Thomas' Railway Movie, he plots to replace the other engines with himself, Diesel 10 and Alfred. He also plans to destroy Molly, but he is defeated by Thomas, Duck, Oliver, Edward and Stepney. Smelter is based on BR Class 52 "Western" with an added non-regulation hydraulic claw connected to a metallic crane arm. He is painted dark green with lime stripes. At the top of his forehead, he has the rim of a construction hat. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Boomer is a young Saint class 4-6-0 but rusty. He's jinxed and was named Captain Harry and his owner painted him over his name and called him Boomer because he causes trouble. He painted orange with black stripes with an orange hat if front of his funnel and turned into a Children's play house at the beach. Boomer is voiced by Ben Small in the UK and Martin Sherman in the US.
- Sea Rogue is Stepney's cousin and his shape like Stepney and has an eye patch like a pirate and stole trucks for two green eyed engines but caught them and his uncle's name is "Old Man" and voiced by Matt Wilkinson the UK, and Kerry Shale in the US.
- Bixby is a diesel. He seems blissfully aware of Smelter. Alfred and Diesel 10's evil plans of taking over Sodor. He informs Smelter, he'll be dealt with, which would lead to Smelter's end. Bixby is based on BR Class 52 "Western". Bixby is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Georgo is a tank engine who arrived on Sodor to assist on the Branch Line when Thomas was away for repair. He is based on LBSCR E2 tank engine. He is painted orange with yellow lining and black running plate.
- Harry is the first J50 built since 1937 (the Dark Times are set in the 1950's), in 1950. He came to loan on Sodor to substitute Thomas, who was killed. Molly became suspicious of him, and realizes Harry was the one who killed Thomas. After double-heading a goods train to the other railway, Harry was furious to know that Molly found out of his evil scheme. Knapford Station was destroyed, killing Edward, Henry, James, Percy, Duck, Douglas, Neville, Spencer, and Whiff. Gordon, Toby, Donald, Oliver, Emily, Molly, and Stanley were the only survivors. Harry was now on the run from Sodor, and was confronted by Kenny, another J50, who was killed too. Molly decided to avenge her friends, when she found out Harry was at Copley Hill, and raced to Copley Hill jus0t in time to warn the engines of the bomb. Molly ran to Harry and pushed him into the shed, killing Harry and sacrificing herself, to Gordon and Toby's shock. In the end, it was actually a dream, and that Harry never existed - in Thomas' point of view. Harry is the villain in the Dark Times Series, and quite a cunning tank engine. He gets away with his crimes, until Molly finds out of his schemes.
- Senor Gonzales is a very lazy, sleepy, scheming steam garrett engine from the Mexican Railway. He has a love-hate relationship with Zorran.
- Judge Judy is an evil diesel on sodor. She is a parody of a TV version of Judge Judy she is rude to Thomas & his friends. Sir Topham hatt always punish her when she gets her revenge on Thomas & Emily and gets derailed. She is friends with Devious Diesel, Diesel 10, Arry, Bert, Splatter & Dodge her enemies were Judge Joe Brown, Thomas, Percy & Emily Judge Judy is based on a Santa FE Diesel model.
- Judge Joe Brown is a friendly diesel on sodor he is a useful diesel some episodes he use to be a villain and bullies Emily & her friends but he learned his lesson after that. He was based on Pip & Emma model but black.
- Dale is a red 4-6-2 with black lining and a eight-wheel tender, resembling Gordon. Just like Gordon, he was a London and North Eastern Railway 'A3' Class 4-6-2 converted by the London, Midland and Scottish Railway (hence his red livery). Probably, Dale hauled the express trains from Barrow to London, alongside the derailed engine. By now, he would've most likely being scrapped or left to rot away in a scrapyard.
- Olivier is a mean and rude diesel railcar who came to Sodor, but was later sent packing. He is based on BR Class 101.
- Marie is Thomas' mother. Oddly enough, Thomas resembles her more than he does Albert. Marie is sometimes cheeky like her son. Marie is based on the LB&SCR Class E2, like Thomas.
- Sleepy Jones is a lazy diesel who came for a visit he is rude and lazy sleeps and needs clean & fuel to get home crashed into a shed at Tidmouth. He was based from the Judge Judy model of the Santa Fe black.
- Skarloey is the oldest of the railway. He is SR no. 1. He is based on Talyllyn Railway's "Talyllyn". Has a Queen's English accent. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in the UK and US.
- Rheneas is Skarloey's brother and best friend. He is SR no. 2. He is based on Talyllyn Railway's "Dologch". Has a Queen's English accent. He is voiced by Ben Small in the UK and US.
- Sir Handel is the old wise engine. He is SR no. 3. He is based on Talyllyn Railway's "Sir Haydn". Has a mild Irish accent. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in the UK and US.
- Peter Sam is the kind-hearted, respectful engine. He is SR no. 4. He is based on Talyllyn Railway's "Edward Thomas". Has a mild Western accent. He is voiced by Steven Kynman in the UK and US.
- Rusty is the first diesel, does maintenance work. He is SR no. 5. He is based on Talyllyn Railway's "Midlander". Has a normal English accent. He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in the UK and US.
- Duncan is a rude and stubborn engine. He is SR no. 6. He is based on Talyllyn Railway's "Douglas". Has a thick Scottish accent. He is voiced by Tom Stourton in the UK and US.
- Mighty Mac is a double-end Farlie engine. They are based on Ffestiniog Railway's "David Lloyd George". Has a mild Welsh accent. Mighty is voiced by Matthew Lillard in the UK and US, while Mac is voiced by Breckin Meyer in the UK and US.
- Fearless Freddie is the old warhorse engine. He is SR no. 7. He is based on Welsh Highland Railway's "Welsh Highland Railway. Has a thick Queen's English accent. He is voiced by Rob Paulsen in the UK and US.
- Duke is Sir Handel and Peter Sam's mentor and is the father of all the engines. He is SR no. 8. He is based on Ffestiniog Railway's Prince. Has a thick Queen's English accent. He is voiced by Tim Whitnall in the UK and US.
- Ivo Hugh is a kind, but bossy engine. Like Freddie, he is SR no. 7. He is based on Talyllyn Railway's "Tom Rolt". He is voiced by Peter Cullen in the UK and US.
- Sheen is the second diesel, does maintenance work. Like Duke, he is SR no. 8. He is based on Talyllyn Railway's "Merseysider". He is voiced by Pierce Brosnan in UK and US.
- Fred is the third diesel, does maintenance work. He is SR no. 9. He is based on Talyllyn Railway's "Alf". He is voiced by Michael Angelis in UK, and Alec Baldwin in US.
- Darrell McDarrell is the fourth diesel, does maintenance work. He is SR no. 10. He is based on Talyllyn Railway's "Bryn Eglwys". He is voiced by Matt Wilkinson in UK, and William Hope in US.
Culdee Fell Railway
- Godred is a deceased mountain engine and was the first steam engine of Culdee Fell Railway. He is CFR no. 1. He is based on Snowdon Mountain Railway's "L.A.D.A.S." He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Ernest is a hard-working mountain engine. He is CFR no. 2. He is based on Snowdon Mountain Railway's "Enid". He is voiced by Keith Wickham in both UK and US.
- Wilfred is a kind, friendly and hard-working mountain engine. He is CFR no. 3. He is based on Snowdon Mountain Railway's "Wyddfa". He is voiced by Tony Robinson in UK, and Dan Green in US.
- Culdee is a careful, cautious and friendly mountain engine with a lot of good advice for the other engines and the fourth engine on the Culdee Fell Railway. He is CFR no. 4. He is based on Snowdon Mountain Railway's "Snowdon".
- Shane Dooiney is a wise and level-headed mountain engine. He is CFR no. 5. He is based on Snowdon Mountain Railway's "Moel Siabod".
- Patrick, formerly Lord Harry and Old Harry, is the first mountain engine built to a contemporary 'super-heat' design. He is CFR no. 6. He is based on Snowdon Mountain Railway's "Padarn". He is voiced by Keith Wickham in both UK and US.
- Alaric, previously Walter Richards and Walter, is the second mountain engine built to a contemporary 'super-heat' design. He is CFR no. 7. He is based on Snowdon Mountain Railway's "Ralph".
- Eric is the third mountain engine built to a contemporary 'super-heat' design. He is CFR no. 8. He is based on Snowdon Mountain Railway's "Eryri".
- Rex is a bright green engine. He has been on the railway the longest, and can sometimes b
- Jock is the newest built locomotive*. He earned his name by another engine saying that the colour of his undercoat was the same as his old railway's, and that they were called 'Jocks'. He is AR no. 5. He is based on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway's "Northern Rock".
- Blisters 1 and 2 are two twin diesels with Sudrian accents. They are painted Black, with Wasp stripes on the front. They have teething problems, but work as hard as any other engine. They are AR no. 6 and no. 7. They are bases on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway's Lister diesel "Cyril".
- Sigrid of Arlesdale is a diesel who proudly sports a two-tone blue colour scheme. She was formerly known as 'BoCoBo', because of her wheel arangement, but she likes the new name. She is AR no. 8. She is based on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway's "Shelagh of Eskdale".
- Stella was a locomotive designed by Heywood. When the railway was in England, they sold her to keep the others running. Now, she came back to us and works as the station pilot. She is AR no. 9. She is based on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway's "Katie".
- Iona is a dark green engine who used to work at a gasworks. She came to the railway and was heavily rebuilt into a tank engine. She was not happy in this form, and was converted to a tender engine. She is probably the most energetic of all the engines. She is AR no. 10. She is based on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway's "Bonnie Dundee".
- Lady Hatt is a red diesel engine built at Arlesburgh in 1980 and designed by Ian Ferrier. She is AR no. 11. She is based on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway's "Lady Wakefield".
- Greybat is a grey electric locomotive. He is AR no. 12. He is based on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway's "Greenbat".
- The Tree of the Forest is an green vertical boilered tank engine. She is AR no. 13. She is based on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway's "The Flower of the Forest".
- Samantha is a blue tender engine. She is AR no. 14. She is based on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway's "Synolda"
- Fergus Duncan is a new diesel engine. He is AR no. 15. He is based on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway's "Douglas Ferreira".
- Sam is a red tender engine. He is AR no. 16. He is based on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway's "Sian"
South Western Railway
- Sack is the youngest of the engines on the South Western Railway, and also the most sensitive. He tends to be a shy engine, and is also timid and irate. Underneath that, he's really a friendly tank engine, and is willing to help his friends. Sack is based on LNER Class Holmes J83 0-6-0T. He is SWR no. 1. His friends are everyone on the railway. He likes helping out, girls and working with friends. He hates/fears screwing up, losing friends, heights, scrapyards, evil diesels. He is shy, sensitive and friendly. He loves Blake. He was built in 1901.
- Matthew is one of the older engines on the SWR. He was found by Sack the J83 when he was working in the scrapyards, and Sack feared Matthew being scrapped, helped him escape. Now, Matthew is a loyal and hard worker on the South Western. Matthew is based on LNER Gresley Class D49 4-4-0. He is SWR no. 2. His friends are Sack, Mike, Danielle, John, Riddle, Chelsea and Blake. He likes helping out and being wise. He hates/fears breaking down and being proven wrong. He is kind, smart and caring. He was built in 1927.
- Mike is one of the older engines of the SWR. He was bought to the SWR with another engine, Danielle. He pulls goods trains on the main line, and sometimes express trains when Danielle is ill or away. Mike's best friends are Danielle, Matthew, and John. Mike is based on LMS Stanier Class 5MT 4-6-0. He is SWR no. 3. His friends are Matthew, Danielle, James GWR and Chelsea. He likes the smell of fish, other LMS engines and the outdoors. He hates/fears being dirt and Class 08 shunters. He is peaceful, friendly and dense. He loves Chelsea. He was built in 1934.
- Danielle is an express engine on the SWR. She was bought along with Mike the Black 5. She pulls the express on the main line, but she doesn't mind trucks - except for coal trucks and fuel trains. Danielle is based on LNER Gresley Class A1/3 4-6-2. She is SWR no. 4. Her friends are everyone on the railway. She likes her friends, being on time and the express. She hates/fears dirty coal trucks, getting dirty and running late. She is kind-hearted and loving. She was built in 1923, withdrawn in 1935 and restored for service in 1952.
- John is one of the oldest engines on the SWR. He thinks of himself as the best engine on the railway, leading him to humiliation and embarrassment. He is sometimes a bully to the smaller engines like Sack, but he does learn what they can do in the end. John is based on SR N Class 2-6-0. He is SWR no. 5. His friends are Mike, Danielle and Joey. He likes showing off, girls, attention and acceptance. He hates/fears losing, getting into trouble and idiots. He is arrogant, cool and stuck-up. He was built in 1917.
- Riddle is Sack's best friend. He likes pulling the mail, as it's his favorite duty of all. When he's pulling trucks, this leading him to an accident. He sometimes cannot help it. Riddle is based on Caledonian Railway 0-4-0T. He is SWR no. 6. His friends are Sack, Matthew, Danielle, Joey, Dustin, Blake and Chelsea. He likes his friends, pulling pranks and the mail. He hates/fears getting in trouble, steep hills, getting in accidents. He is friendly, cheeky, funny and accident-prone. He loves Chelsea. He was built in 1885.
- Joey is the only steam tram on the SWR so far. He acts a bit stupid sometimes, but often, he can be very intelligent and likes to help out the other engines. Joey is based on LNER Holden Class J70 0-6-0T tram. He is SWR no. 7. His friends are Sack, Matthew, Danielle and Riddle. He likes not listening, causing trouble and pranking engines. He hates/fears getting caught and punishment. He is silly and accident-prone. He was built in 1903.
- Dustin is the first GWR engine on the SWR. He's a loyal, wise engine and a hard worker who does his work without fuss. His personal philosophy and motto is "there are two ways of doing things: the Great Western way, or the wrong way". Dustin is based on GWR 57xx Class 0-6-0T. He is SWR no. 8. His friends are Sack, Danielle, Riddle, Joey, William, Chelsea and Blake. He likes being reliable and helping out others. He hates/fears break-downs and scrapyards. He is goofy, friendly and reliable. He loves Blake. He was built in 1929.
- William is the oldest of the engines on the SWR. He is considered brave and a good role model by the engines. This went to his smokebox and led to his incident with the ballast trucks, but William has since then learned his lesson and started to behave like a real role model. William is based on GWR Class 14xx 0-4-2T. He is SWR no. 9. His friends are Sack, Matthew, Danielle, John, Joey, Dustin and Chelsea. He likes helping out others and being useful. He hates/fears scrapyards and evil diesels. He is a role-model and hard worker. He was built in 1932.
- Chelsea is a hard working Stirling Single. She loves to hang around the boys a lot, especially Mike and Riddle, whom she's crushed on. Chelsea mainly talks to Zack, Mike, Riddle, or the other engines in her free time. Chelsea is based on GNR Stirling Single 4-2-2.She's Emily's sister and looks out for her. She is SWR no. 10. Her friends are everyone on the railway. She likes talking to the others, hanging out and passenger runs. She hates/fears losing friends, thunderstorms and evil diesels. She is sweet, bubbly, caring and feisty. She loves Mikes and Riddle. She was built in 1870.
- Blake is a very sweet engine, that most of the time, she is very cheerful. She has such a beautiful voice that if you hear it, you might fall in love with her. Sack seems to have a crush on her, but is too afraid to tell her. Blake is based on LNER Holden Claud Hamilton 4-4-0. She is SWR no. 11. Her friends are Sack, Danielle, Riddle, Joey, Dustin, William and Chelsea. She likes boys (mostly Zack and Dustin) and anything a girl likes. She hates/fears punks, evil diesels, sickness and scrapyards. She is friendly, cute and feisty. She loves Dustin and Sack (secretly). She was built in 1904.
- Stella is SWR no. 12.
- Annie and Clarabel are Thomas’ Faithful Coaches given to him in 1946 after he saved James from an accident. They are respectful of most engines, especially Thomas and Gordon. Have normal English accents.
- Henrietta is Toby’s faithful Coach. She would often complain back on Toby’s old railway about how she used to be full and nine Trucks would rattle behind her. Since the passenger rate declined due to Lorries and Buses taking place of Henrietta, there was little use for her or the Trucks. When the Railway closed, she was to be used as a hen house, but when the Fat Controller called Toby to work on his line, he brought her with. Henrietta is quite happy that she has more passengers to work with. Has a Mild Southern accents.
- Elsie is a small luggage van that operates with Toby, Henrietta and Victoria. After Toby’s line closed, Elsie was brought with Toby and Henrietta to Sodor.
- Troublesome Trucks are so nicknamed because they can be quite troublesome and love to play tricks. No one save for Edward, Stepney and Salty like the Trucks as they have been the cause of many various accidents. Their behavior perhaps could be best described in the statement “Every wise engine knows you cannot trust Trucks”. Trucks could be considered the rebels of the railway, as most of them love to cause mischief, confusion and delay. They will play tricks on an engine based on how they treat them. Most accidents caused by the trucks are a form of revenge due to mistreatment. If an engine is having a bad day, makes a mistake or is easily played upon, then the trucks begin their wild antics of singing, name calling, holding back, shoving, bumping, giggling and so on. Trucks have all sorts of different bases. Some are 7-plank mineral wagons; others are twelve-ton stock vans, eight-ton cattle vans or tankers and so on. The Trucks rarely have names but in some rare cases they do such as S.C.Ruffey, Fred Pelhay, Hector, Rickety etc.
- S.C.Ruffey (pronounced Scruffey) was a private owner’s ballast wagon. He was the leader of the Trucks and when Oliver returned after falling down a turntable well, S.C.Ruffey and the trucks sang rude songs about the event. Toad worried by the lack of respect for the engines, consulted with Duck and Oliver and made a plan. Oliver then shunted Scruffey and his lieutenants, and prepared to pull them. Scruffey rallied the trucks into holding back, but this only resulted in Scruffey being pulled apart. Scruffey was later repaired but he says nothing at all anymore. In 1998, Scruffey met his end when he (who was now just a regular truck) and the other trucks were pushed into the Mine shaft and crashed causing an avalanche. Has a normal English accent.
- Hector is a large black Coal Hopper. When he first arrived to Sodor in 2007, he was seemingly mean and aggressive. He was a pain for Bill and Ben when they towed him into the yards. Later he was apparently the long awaited new leader for the Trucks since S.C.Ruffey was destroyed. He struck fear into Thomas and he was afraid to shunt Hector for James and Edward’s train. Though after he scared Rosie away, Thomas had decided to stand up to him and he bumped him causing him to crash through some buffers into some Coal. Hector had decided to confess to Thomas that he was mean to cover up the fact that he was scared of being loaded with Coal. After being helped back onto the rails by Rocky, Thomas showed him that being loaded with Coal is quite fun actually. Has a moderate Welsh accent.
- Toad is a Grey Great Western Breakvan who escaped with Oliver and Isabel from scrap. Unlike the rest of the trucks, Toad is devoutly respectful of the engines - he even addresses them as "Mr." - and incredibly polite. Toad is also somewhat imaginative and a bit of an optimist. Toad worked with Oliver on the Great Western Railway before being threatened with the prospect of scrapping. Oliver, Toad and an autocoach named Isabel ran away for the greener pastures of the North Western Railway, but Oliver ran out of coal en route. Luckily, they were rescued by Douglas and brought back to Sodor, where Toad asked to be Douglas' Breakvan to thank him. When Scruffey began to start a trend of disrespecting the engines, Toad had the idea for Oliver to show Scruffey and his lieutenants the error of their ways. This turned out better than expected, for Oliver pulled Scruffey apart and won back the respect of the trucks. Has a mild Welsh accent.
- Rocky is a large Breakdown Crane. He arrived to Sodor in 2006 and Gordon and Edward were skeptical about his abilities, noting that Harvey could travel under his own power. Later, Edward carelessly left the docks before his cargo was properly secured, causing his pipes to spill onto the mainline. Edward was adamant that Harvey clear up the line, but the little engine was too small to finish it quickly, and as a result Gordon crashed into the pipes. Edward returned to Brendam to pick up Rocky, who cleared the line and brought Gordon back to the Rails. Since this incident, Rocky has become an invaluable asset to the railway. He is frequently called upon to lift loads and help out after accidents. Has a thick Irish accent.
- Isabel and Dulice are Oliver’s coaches. Isabel was saved from Scrap with Oliver and Toad by Douglas. The origin of her name comes from the fact that she has a bell. Dulcie was saved from scrap along with Duck’s coaches, Alice and Mirabel by The Fat Controller. He gave her to operate with Oliver and Isabel.
- Alice and Mirabel are two Great Western Coaches pulled by Duck on his Branch line. They were rescued from scrap by the Fat Controller along with Dulcie (who was given to Oliver with Isabel for Ducks Branch line).
- Victoria is a vintage four wheeled coach from the Furness Railway, she was built in 1882. She worked on the Lakeside branch with an engine, Albert and another coach named Helena. After becoming obsolete she moved to Sodor and became a summerhouse in a garden near Elsbridge. After being discovered by Thomas’ Driver, it was decided she could be restored and used on the tramway from Ffarquhar to the Quarry to help Toby, Henrietta and Elsie. She also helps Thomas, Annie and Clarabel on busy days.
- Helena was a four-wheeled coach that operated with Albert on the Furness Railway with Victoria. She operated along with Victoria though what happened to her is not very clear.
- Martha and Jennifer are Emily’s Coaches that were given to Emily after she saved Oliver and Toad from being in an accident after stranding on the cross points.
- Jamie, Kathy, and Lucy are Neville's coaches. All can carry passengers, but Kathy can carry luggage, whilst Lucy can carry the guard. They are used for helping Thomas with Annie and Clarabel on Thomas' branchline. They are painted blood and custard. Jamie is based on GWR coach, Kathy based on Composite GWR coach, and Lucy based on Brake GWR Coach. They are friends with Neville, Thomas, Annie and Clarabel. They work on Neville's branch line.
- Agnes, Ruth, Lucy and Jemima are Coaches on the Skarloey Railway while Beatrice is a Guards Van. They are all names after The Thin Controllers daughters. The coaches like all engines except for Sir Handel. They were mistrustful at first of Skarloey as they found him bumpy. Jemima is somewhat deaf and the other coaches look down on Beatrice as they describe her as smelling of “Fish and Cheese”.
- Cora is a light blue Guards van that was built by Falcon Works in 1885 and came from the Mid-Sodor-Railway while Skarloey was away in 1957. She is used as maintenance and goods trains.
- Ada, Jane and Mabel are three light blue open carriages that are used on the Skarloey Railway for Nice days. They were originally designed to carry quarry workers, but are now used for tourist traffic. Since they’re arrival they have had roofs fitted onto them.
- Gertrude and Millicent are two coaches which the Skarloey Railway built while Skarloey was away. They run on bogies which make Sir Handel believe that they are the only “proper” coaches on the railway.
- Gwen was a Coach that operated with Godred on the Culdee Fell Railway. Her fate after Godred’s accident is unknown.
- Nora is a coach who operates with Ernest on the Culdee Fell Railway.
- Willa is a coach that operates with Wilfred on the Culdee Fell Railway.
- Catherine is a Coach who operates with Culdee on the Culdee Fell Railway. Over the years she and Culdee have built up a strong working relationship. Because of that Culdee knows immediately if anything is wrong. She is very safe-cautious and was very concerned about Lord Harry’s recklessness while he took her.
- Sally Dorothy is a coach who operates with Shane Dooiney on the Culdee Fell Railway.
- Lady Helen currently named Patricia after Lord Harry Barrane’s wife, is a coach who operates with Lord Harry. She was scared by Lord Harry when he took risks on a steep precipice. After Lord Harry was re-named Patrick, she was fittingly re-named Patricia.
- Amy is a Coach who operates with Alaric on the Culdee Fell Mountain Railway. Her fate since Alaric’s retirement is unknown.
- Ellie is a coach that operates with Eric on the Culdee Fell Railway. Her fat since Eric’s retirement is unknown.
- Lord Stinker is an aged garbage truck widely known for carrying a heavy stench, and notably wears a peg on his nose to avoid his own strong odor. He works mostly with Warrior. He is a quick thinker and once devised an ingenious plan to save a train from disaster, which gained him a newfound respect from Top Hat.
- Frank and Eddie are a pair of twin railway coaches who work with Top Hat the railway express engine. They are very quick-witted and are among the few that can deal with Top Hat's superiority. Both of the twins speak with Cockney accents.
- Todd is Oliver's new brakevan after Douglas saved him from scrap. He is also Toad's twin brother. He is kind, respectful, and can sometimes cause mishap.
- Terence is a crawler tractor. When Thomas first saw him, he insulted him for his caterpillars which he calls “ugly wheels”. Though he ended up regretting it after he got stuck in a snowdrift and Terence came to the rescue and saved him. They’ve been firm friends ever since. Terence also helped clear the snow drift in front of Mrs. Kyndley’s house. He became good friends with Duck while he was taking Annie and Clarabel while Thomas was away. When Toby was away, he also did Percy’s shunting while he was at the harbor. Terence was helping building a barn on the day Victoria was sent back to Thomas' branch line, after serving for a boulder by the Hackenback tunnel his trailer fell down the cutting and balanced dangerously on a tree. Has a normal English accent.
- Bertie is a red railway bus who works near Thomas’ Branch Line. He is a fun-loving bus who is always in the mood to race his good friend Thomas just to prove that roads have their use as well as rails. Has a moderate Welsh accent.
- Trevor is a traction engine, built in 1920. Trevor used to work on farms doing odd jobs like threshing corn and sawing timber, but his owner thought him old-fashioned and sent him to the scrap yard. Edward luckily befriended him and convinced Rev. Charles Laxey to purchase him. Trevor now lives in the Wellsworth vicarage orchard, but is often borrowed by his old driver Jem Cole to do odds jobs. Trevor is very friendly and gets on like wildfire with the engines. He is also helpful and ready to give anybody advice. Trevor loves children in particular, especially giving them rides in his cart. He was once owned by the Reverend Teddy Boston. Has a normal English accent.
- Harold is a Sikorsky S-55 helicopter used for patrolling the railway. Harold was built in 1949 under the name Westland Whirlwand. He came to Sodor in 1956. Harold thinks that railways are slow and out of date, but was proven wrong when Percy beat him in a race. Harold is owned by the Coast Guard on Sodor and lives at Dryaw Airport near Thomas’ Branch Line. He keeps a watchful eye over Sodor in case of trouble. Has a moderate British accent.
- Bulgy is a double decker bus who was once very opposed to railways. Bulgy hated railways at first and caused trouble for Duck and Oliver. He even carried a poster on his side telling people “JOIN THE ANTI RAILWAY LEAGUE”. He bears on his front “Free the Roads”. He was once determined to get the passengers to Tidmouth before Duck but ended up getting wedged under a bridge. After that he was converted into a henhouse next to the bridge. In 2003, he was brought back while Thomas and Emily were stuck in the foundry for repairs. After an incident with some Hen’s that nestled in his luggage rack he was converted into a vegetable bus with Green Paint which he enjoys. Apparently by 2008, he was converted back to a passenger bus. Has a thick English accent.
- George is a grumpy steam roller who has strong dislike for the railway wanting them to be replaced with roads. When he arrived on Sodor in 1962, he immediately entered a conflict with Sir Handel, who was boastful about his broad tyres, which Skarloey decided to trick him into confronting George. After doing so, the two disliked each other immediately. One afternoon, Sir Handel was taking a Goods Train along a road-railway parallel which George had accidentally smashed into the side of Sir Handel’s Train. As a result a fence was built between the road and railway. When the work was over, the workmen took George away which Sir Handel took credit for. In 1980 George was to do some of Diesel 10’s biding and smash every buffer on the railway in search of the magic buffers. After that George worked around Ffarquhar where he once confronted Daisy. He and the workmen had left some road cones where they were working which one day; the wind blew on the rails. When Daisy passed through, they struck the Cone, jamming her brakes. Daisy was convinced George did this on purpose. In 1998 George caused more trouble, this time on the Main Line. He paved over a railway line causing Thomas to crash and refused to move for Duck which caused Gordon to destroy a Truck still stuck on the main line while taking the express. The Fat Controller decided to take George’s roller away for a whole week. This may or may not have taught him to behave better. After that George however has had little contact with the Engines other than being taken by Thomas to help pave the runway. Has a thick Australian accent.
- Caroline is an elderly vintage car owned by a cricketer from the Elsbridge cricket club. Caroline does not like high speeds as it overheats her engine. She also disliked engines until 1963 when Stepney helped her back to the Cricket field after breaking down while chasing him to catch the Cricket ball that landed in one of Stepney’s Trucks. In 1998 she broke down again while trying to get The Fat Controller to Lady Hatt’s Birthday Party. Has a normal English accent.
- Bulstrode is a highly bad-tempered, annoying and highly disagreeable barge. He was used to carry cargo such as stone. While at dock in 1987, Bulstrode argued with the trucks about them being in the wrong place (unknown to him it was actually him), Percy had accidentally pushed the Trucks off the Dock sending them crashing into Bulstrode. Bulstrode had been towed away to the beach where he is now used for a Children’s play hut. Has a normal English accent.
- Cranky is a crane that works down at Brendam Docks that arrived in 1998. He bullied Thomas and Percy by delaying their loads, but later got his comeuppance after a Tramp steamer crashed into the shed next to him, knocking him over and had to be rescued by them. Cranky is usually grumpy due to the fact that he is kept working day and night without a rest and his only company are the gulls that sit on his arm. Cranky also enjoys teasing engines and has an extreme dislike of Salty’s stories which caused him to drop his load and knock the shed down. Has a thick British accent.
- Butch (nicknamed “Sodor Heavy Recovery Unit” the ERTL range) is a breakdown vehicle that helps out with road situations and miscellaneous works. Has a thick English accent.
- Tiger-Moth is a red and yellow bi-plane who is reckless and daring. He flies high and low, doing tricks to show off, and is very rude indeed. He learnt his lesson after crashing into a haystack. He is sometimes referred plainly as Bi-Plane which he is.
- Elizabeth is an old vintage sentinel lorry. Before becoming the Controller of the North Western Railway, Sir Topham Hatt owned Elizabeth and according to her, he was not the best driver. Elizabeth for unknown reasons was kept in an old shed near Thomas’ Branch Line. She was not uncovered until Thomas had broken his side rods while taking a Goods Train. Thomas’ Driver and Fireman used her to go to the works and get Thomas a new pair of Side rods. She now does odd jobs around the Island but mostly works at the Slate Mines on the Skarloey Railway and at Yards along the Main Line. Has a normal English accent.
- Jeremy is a jet plane from the Sodor Airport. He arrived to Sodor in 2006, when he first arrived; he was boastful and explained how splendid he was. This made Thomas feel bad and wanted to know what it would be like to be a Plane. Later, Jeremy notices theres a storm brewing and goes off to warn Thomas who was taking the Children to the Sodor Summer Picnic. Thomas had an idea to move the picnic to Jeremy’s hangar. Jeremy thought it was a splendid idea. Thomas and Jeremy have been good friends ever since. Jeremy has been used for many tasks afterwards since his arrival such as taking the Duke and Duchess of Boxford Home and taking the Fat Controller on vacation. Has a normal English accent.
- Madge is a Snub nosed Lorry with a three wheeled cab and a flatbed. What she lacks in elegance, she makes up for strength and personality. She acts as a motherly figure to the narrow gauge engines, but can be playful and loves a good joke. She first arrived to Sodor in 1968. Has mild Irish accent.
- Colin is a green dockside Crane that works at the Wharf by the Narrow Gauge Railroad, He is a lonely soul deep inside but he is good friends with Freddie. As he’s fixed in place at the Wharf, Colin does feel left out of some of the fun that the narrow gauge engines have. Has a normal English accent.
- Kevin is a young, cheerful but sometimes accident-prone four-wheeled crane. He is one of the new friends at the Sodor Steamworks, including Victor (whom he calls "boss"), who are there to help Thomas in his quest to reinstate Hiro as the "Master of the Railway". Has a moderate Cumbrian accent.
- Bubba is a highly cheerful, friendly and highly agreeable tugboat who is a great friends of the Steam Team.
- Big Eric is a Big Blue Double Decker Bus, who is very Rude and very Mean. He was brought to Sodor to help out on the Little Western Branchline, but causes loads of trouble and is soon sent back home.
Sodor Construction Company
- Josh is a red exavetor with the number 1. He's in charge and gives everyone the orders
- Terry is a orange front loader with the number 2
- Harry is a wise yellow Buldozer with the number 3
- Lindi is a pink dardevil sentinel lorry with the number 4
- Ester is a purple exavator with the number 5
- Ted is a brown clumsy steam shovel with the number 6
- Peter is a blue helpful dump truck with the number 7
- Sam is Peter's dump truck twin and green with the number 8
- Mark is a Turqouise grumpy steamroller like George but has the number 9
- Nelson is a Ballast Tractor that is used to carry other members of the Pack to the Construction site on his Flatbed. As the bearer of such weighty loads, he often feels overworked, but never complains. He is proud of his paint and is happiest when he looks his best. He is number 10. Has a mild Southern accent.
- Jack is a friendly and enthusiastic front loader that arrived to Sodor in 2002. He is number 11 in the Pack. Jack did well at first with Alfie. However he was over-eager to help out and tried to load Max and tumbled over a ledge. Jack tried not to do other’s jobs but he jumped in when Thomas was coming towards a collapsing bridge, trying to hold the bridge up and damaged his arms. Jack has since become a member of the Pack. Has a Queen's English accent.
- Alfie is a fun loving excavator that works for the Pack. He loves working hard and handles even some of the toughest situations with ease. Alfie is number 12 in the Pack. Has a normal English accent.
- Buster is a Steamroller who goes about his job with pride and content. What Buster lacks in imagination, he makes up for with heart, commitment and hard work, and is liked by all machines in the Pack, for his wonderful enthusiasm and kindness to help with everything. He is number 13 in the Pack but bears no visible number. Has a thick Australian accent.
- Oliver is a wise old excavator who carries out demolition and digging work. He is capable of switching between different tools, including a bucket, a chisel for digging, a scissor claw and a wrecking ball for demolition. Oliver is wise and keeps an eye out for the other members of the Pack. Oliver is also good mannered and hard working. Oliver never complains about his work or gets impatient. Oliver is number 14 in the pack. Oliver has the cap rim of a builder’s hat between his forehead and cab windows. Has a moderate American accent.
- Max and Monty are devious dump truck twins. Max is number 15 and Monty is number 16 in the Pack. They are known to cause trouble for the rest of the Pack and the engines too, but are sternly scolded by Miss Jenny when they are found out. Despite being unruly at times with dangerous stunts, they both have a good side – somewhere – and do the work like everyone else. Have thick Irish accents.
- Kelly is a Crane and is number 17 on the Pack. Kelly is good at heart and he gets along well with the other engines. Kelly was obtained by Miss Jenny as he was once her father’s. Kelly mainly works with Isobella. He has a slight fear of winds which he conquered it when he had to rescue Isobella. Has a mild Cumbrian accent. He is also wise like Edward.
- Byron is a Bulldozer that works for the Pack. He carries out bulldozing work along with leveling the ground. Byron can be sometimes a bit pompous and loud, but he likes to be useful, enthusiastic, reliable and wise. He is number 18 in the Pack. Has a normal English accent.
- Ned is an old steam shovel and is number 19 of the pack. Ned means well but can sometimes be clumsy. Indeed, he once nearly caused a terrible accident by knocking out the keystone of a bridge when Thomas was due to cross with a goods train. Luckily Jack was able to save the day by supporting the bridge until Thomas realized what was wrong. Ned has his jib arm right in front of his face, which could make visibility difficult. Ned mostly carries out clearance work and quarry digging. Ned knocked some buildings down all at once. Ned has learnt his lesson about being careless in some episodes. But apart from the minor bumps and accidents, Ned's heart is as big as his bucket and he is a valued member of the Pack. Ned can be loyal and hard-working for his friends. Has a thick Queen's English accent.
- Forkie is a blue forklift and is number 20 of the pack.
- Jerry is a red cheery picker and is number 21 of the pack.
- Isobella is a yellow sentinel Lorry who is number 22 in the Pack. She is a hard worker but is always mindful of her paint. She can sometimes be rather cheeky and temperamental. Isobella is same type of Sentinel Lorry that Elizabeth is based on. Has a normal English accent.
- Patrick is a cement mixer and is number 23 of the Pack that is quite a boastful soul and always brags about how his job is the most important because cement is the most important. He thought this only until he was put in his own place and landed in his own cement. Has a thick British accent.
- Spider is a yellow front loader and is the third one of Sodor. He is named after a spider was spinning a web in the sheds when he was introduced. Spider is a bit pompous at times when he's not wanted, but he gets along with his friends. He is number 24.
- Archbid is the 25th member of the Pack and he knows is. He is a forklit truck and is always caring for others, but can sometimes be boastful.
- John is the 26th member of the pack is a crane.
- No. 27
- No. 28
- Sir Topham Hatt (The Fat Controller and previously the Fat Director) is the controller of the NWR. He's seen as a firm but fair character. Despite being strict, he shows a fatherly side to the engines. He is quite a strong character and will remind the engines that he is in charge when they start to rebel against his authority. He is also the manager of the North Western Railway. There have been 3 Sir Topham Hatt’s. The First one was Mr. Topham Hatt and was the engineer in charge of construction of the Tidmouth, Knapford and Elsbridge light railway. When the job was finished he was made a director of the company, and after the Wellsworth and Suddery Railway was linked with the original line at Knapford he was elected a director of that company too. He was created a baronet for his services to the railways of Sodor in 1948. He married Jane, sister of Mr Handel Brown, and retired in 1954 in favor of his son Charles, whom the board had no hesitation in electing as his successor. He was born in 1880 and died in 1956. The Second Sir Topham Hatt known as Charles Topham Hatt II was the son of the first one. He was controller of the Railway from 1954-1984. He was born in 1914 and died in 1997. The Third one, Stephen Topham Hatt was the son of the first one and is the current Fat Controller. He became the Third Controller in 1984. He was born in 1941. He is voiced by Keith Wickham in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.
- Lady Jane Hatt (previously Jane Brown) is Sir Topham Hatt and sister of Sir Handel Brown, the owner of the Skarloey Railway. She is very uptight and likes her rides on the railway to be smooth and dislikes bumpy coaches and traveling in unusual ways, like Hot air Balloons. Despite that she is usually very quiet and didn’t communicate with others much until the 5th Season. She occasionally runs the line when Sir Topham Hatt is ill. She joins the Fat Controller on his Holiday’s along with Stephen and Bridget Hatt. She usually has a grand party for her Birthday though things can go wrong as Sir Topham Hatt found out when he tried to get to her party with a series of unfortunate events that lead to him and his suit being quite dirty.
- Mr. Peregrine Percival (The Thin Controller) is the current manager of the Skarloey Railway since 2004. He was hired by Sir Topham Hatt who could no longer handle the Skarloey Railway because of the ever increasing Industry of the Standard Gauge Line. Mr. Percival has a dislike for cars and uses his bicycle to get around the line. He has five children and is married to Polly Percival. Mr. Percival’s hero is Sir Topham Hatt.
- Old Bailey is a fogman who looks after an old station near the ravine. When Henry tried to take a goods train past, a light flickering from the station, a mysterious amber signal and a discarded coat hung on a tree made him turn back after suspecting supernatural causes. The next day, Henry tried to take the same train past, but the trucks became scared by the light and pulled Henry forwards, resulting in their falling into the ravine. Old Bailey later showed up and rebuked Henry's crew for not obeying his warnings. To make it up to him, the crew and the Fat Controller renovated his station and made him stationmaster.
- Reverend Charles Laxey is the Vicar of Wellsworth. Edward approached in hopes that he would help him save Trevor. Which indeed he did, he is now the owner of Trevor. Trevor now works at his Orchard. He raises Bees there which had once stung James in the nose. He once tried to raise some money so that some children could go to the seaside though he was busy and forgot to advertise for it. With the help of Edward, the festival went on. His son would eventually take over as Reverend and he could not afford to repair Trevor’s boiler to be repaired, but after warning Edward when his trucks derailed the Fat Controller, in gratitude, paid for Trevor to be repaired at Crovan's Gate.
- Jeremiah Jobling was a passenger on James' train when James ruined a brake-pipe and the guard asks him for his leather bootlaces to fix it. When he refused, the passengers pressured him into giving the guard his laces. It was not revealed whether they were returned.
- Stephen Hatt is Sir Topham Hatt’s grandson. He comes along on his and his wives vacations with his sister Bridget. He took eventual control of the North Western Railway
- Bridget Amanda Hatt is the Fat Controller’s grand-daughter. She is usually seen in the background along with her brother Stephen and when she has a proper role is when she joins her Grandparents for Holiday’s.
- Farmer McColl is a Farmer that owns a farm along the line. Toby had to help him out as his sheep were giving birth in the field during a fierce snow storm. The fierce conditions made it hard for Toby to get the Vet to Farmer McColl however he bravely made it. After words, he let the lambs stay in Henrietta. The tracks that run past his farm have gone from one desolate line on Toby’s Branch Line to three lines that the engines use regularly. The engines tend to enjoy visiting him and his animals, Thomas and Toby especially.
- Cyril is a Fogman who lives in a cottage in Misty Valley. When fog is about, he places detonators on the track to warn engines. He was once replaced by a Fog Horn which had caused a landslide with its horn. After Thomas had crashed into the landslide, he had saved the day by placing a detonator on the track, warning Toby about the Crash.
- Tom Tipper is the postman that services Callan. Tom falls ill, and, when he returns, finds his chief has decided a bike is more economical than a postvan. One morning, Tom is asked to fill in some forms. Tom, in a hurry, props his bike against Percy and it falls under the wheels when his driver starts. Tom is disappointed, but his Chief decides to give him his postvan back, to his delight.
- Jem Cole is a mechanic that works all around Sodor. He worked with Trevor to spiff him up and also afterwards, became his driver. He also restored Elizabeth to her former beauty after she was discovered. He is friendly and also knows how to talk to the engines and machines.
- Alice is a young girl that lives near Thomas’ Branch Line on a Farm. She and Thomas are good friends. Thomas was desperate to give her, her birthday present on a rainy day but got blocked by a landslide. With the help of Rosie, she got her present.
- Nancy is a guard’s daughter who lives near the Skarloey Railway and sometimes polishes the engines. On one occasion she was polishing Skarloey for Rheneas’ return, and Duncan became very jealous after she had no time to clean him as she had to help the Refreshment Lady. She once polished Skarloey for his centenary. After he became cross and she called him a “crosspatch”, Skarloey told her the story of his first days on the railway and the time he was a “crosspatch”. She has grown up and lives with her husband on the Isle of Man.
- The Refreshment Lady owns a small café close by the Skarloey Railway and at the Station. She was once left behind by Peter Sam due to his worries about missing Henry’s train. She later had complications with her usual station store café and Peter Sam had to help her. Peter Sam had the idea to use a coach he had found while helping Rusty clean debris from a recent overnight storm.
- The other policemen came to argue with the Fat Controller in "Thomas in Trouble" after Thomas was found to have travelled down the Anopha Quarry branch illegally.
- The Barber is the man set up a barbershop in Crosby, unwisely placed at the end of the siding. After Duck crashed into the wall, the furious barber covered Duck's face in lather. He later cleaned it off after realising that Duck prevented a potentially fatal accident, and the North Western Railway gladly paid for the repairs.
- Ms. Jenny Packard is a friendly Irish woman who is owner of the Sodor Construction Company, and takes responsibility for a number of the bigger building projects around Sodor. She took over the company from her father, who founded the company. When she is pleased with someone, she compliments him/her with “Ye’d make a mother proud”.
- Headmaster Hastings is the headmaster of Strawberry Grove School. One day Duncan was pulling an organ for the school when his whistle shot off into a field, and Headmaster Hastings used the organ as a replacement.
- The Duke and Duchess of Boxford are a very important couple who regularly visit Sodor. Their private engine is Spencer and they don't mind him rushing around. The Duke enjoys taking photography, something that was part of Spencer's loss while racing Edward. They get on well with Sir Topham Hatt and Lady Hatt. They travel in luxury red coaches and they also have a coat of arms that engines occasionally wear.
- Mr. Fergus Duncan, also known as the Small Controller, is the controller of the Arlesdale Railway. He is bigger than either Sir Topham Hatt or the Thin Controller; the nickname refers to the fact that his railway is often called the “Small” Railway.
- Mr. David Burch is the controller of the SWR. He's seen as a firm but fair character. Despite being strict, he shows a fatherly side to the engines. He is quite a strong character and will remind the engines that he is in charge when they start to rebel against his authority. Mr. Burch doesn't stand for bullying, and even though he is usually serious he does enjoy a laugh. He likes his engines and movie making. He hates/fears when his engines let him down. He is strict and fair. He was born in 1930's.
- Captain Star is the proud controller of the Star Fleet. He is obviously a veteran sailor and manager and owns the Star Fleet. He takes great pride in his fleet, but he knows that it is important to be hard on them in order to succeed. He is usually very defiant and is always very strict if something doesn't go as shipshape as it's suppose too. He has seven engines and narrow gauge engine, they are: Ten Cents, Big Mac, OJ, Top Hat, Warrior, Hercules, Sunshine and Grampus. He is voiced by Ringo Starr in UK and US
- Captain Zero is the devious and scheming controller of the Z-Stacks. Captain Zero is Captain Star's main rival, and he is owner of the Z-Stacks/Zero Fleet. He speaks with a (exact region uncertain) Scottish accent. He has five engines in his fleet: Zorran, Zebedee, Zak, Zug and Zip, who fear him greatly and follow orders obediently. He is voiced by Mike Mulloy in UK, and Kerry Shale in US.