Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thomas & The Old Line is a Fan-Fiction Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends direct-to-video special. It is narrated by Pierce Brosnan.
The story begins when Thomas and Rheneas race through mountains, bridges and hills. They are excited to go to each place. The two engines decide which place they go to. When Thomas and Rheneas find an old line called "Great Tidmouth", they restore it in time for Sodor Day.
After Thomas and Rheneas restore the old line for Sodor Day, Rheneas meets an new engine called Hugh, who is bigger than Rheneas and stronger than him. Rheneas wants to be in charge of Great Tidmouth. But he has an bad accident with the Water Bridge, which causes him to land on the river and his buffers to be broken. Sir Handel arrives with the Narrow Gauge crane and Mr. Percival. Mr. Percival sends Rheneas to the repair yard for new buffers, while Hugh takes his place at Great Tidmouth. Sir Handel takes Rheneas to the repair yard, and on his way, he meets BoCo and Bear.
Soon, Rheneas was good as new, and goes back to work at Great Tidmouth. He wants to show Hugh he pulls 15 trucks to the Station, but the trucks have a runaway and run away from Great Tidmouth. They crash into a lorry. The Fat Controller arrives and tells the trucks that they run away from Rheneas and have made a crash into a lorry. Rheneas wants to collect some more trucks, but accidently gets lost. Thomas and Hugh see that Rheneas thought he has lost his friends. So Rheneas sees an closed line, and tries to stop, but he was on the closed line.
Suddenly, Rheneas sees a collasping bridge. He tries to stop, but he falls off the collasping bridge. Rheneas lands on a pair of old rails, sees Sixteen and runs away from him. Thomas tells Hugh and Sir Handel he has to find Rheneas. So he starts to look for Rheneas. Meanwhile Sixteen is still chasing Rheneas, until Rheneas sees a gorge and is flung across a canyon and dangles at the other side of the gorge, until he is found by Thomas. Thomas pulls Rheneas back to the rails, and Sixteen can't stop, falls off the cliff and into the water below. After Rheneas is loaded with water and coal, Thomas and Rheneas together puff back to work at Great Tidmouth.
The Fat Controller is cross with Sixteen for chasing Rheneas around the closed line and gives him a punishment by keeping him at the shed for the next two months. Sixteen feels silly. The Fat Controller arrives with Mr. Percival and tells the engines welcome to Great Tidmouth. Thomas and Rheneas feel happier than ever. As for Sixteen, whatever he chased Rheneas, he learns a lesson.
- Donald and Douglas
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Henrietta (music video cameo only)
- Toad (music video cameo only)
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam (music video cameo only)
- Mighty Mac (music video cameo only)
- Diesel (cameo only)
- Arry and Bert (cameo only)
- Hugh (new character)
- The Fat Controller
- Mr. Percival
- The Mayor of Sodor (cameo only)
- This is the first direct-to-video special where Thomas rescues Rheneas.
- Features a new character "Hugh".
- This is based on "The Great Discovery".
- Stock Footage from "Emily and the Special Coaches" is used.
Thomas and Duck's Converstation about the Old Line
- Thomas: Hello, Duck. We're restoring the old line.
- Duck: Yes, Thomas. We'll restore the old line for Sodor Day.
- Thomas: Thank you, Duck. The old line will be restored.
- Duck: Yes, Thomas. We're ready to restore the old line. So, come on!
- Narrator: Soon, Rheneas was pulled back to the rails.
- Rheneas: Thank you, Thomas.
- Thomas: You welcome.
- Narrator: Soon, Sixteen was still chuffing along the closed line, and his brakes didn't work.
- Sixteen: NOOOOOO!!! Not my brakes, you stupid rails! You've made me move still!
- Narrator: Suddenly, he saw the gorge. (gasps) The gorge!! Oh, no! What's still going on with my brakes!! Oh god!!
- Narrator: Sixteen fell off the cliff and into the water below.
- Sixteen: (falls off the cliff, screaming) NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! (lands on the water) OUCH! (sees that his parts are okay, looks at the steep cliff and tries to get up) HELP!!
- Narrator: Sixteen wasn't hurt. Soon, Rheneas was loaded with coal and water, and he and Thomas puffed back to Great Tidmouth.
- Narrator: The Fat Controller was cross with Sixteen.
- TFC: Sixteen, you have caused confusion and delay! You had chased Rheneas on the closed line, and you've made him fly across a canyon, so Thomas rescued him!
- Sixteen: I did not do anything, sir.
- TFC: Your lies won't fool me, and you did that! As punishment, you're suspended from pulling trains, for the next two months!
- Sixteen: NO! NOT TWO MONTHS!
- TFC: Yes! Two months!
- Narrator: Sixteen felt ashamed.