Thomas Meets Barney is a custom Thomas/Barney Crossover Special and a custom Barney Home Video for Season 3.
Barney, Baby Bop and BJ take a trip to Sodor and meet Thomas and his friends. Then, an evil diesel called Bowser arrives and kidnaps Sir Topham Hatt, threatening to rip him to shreds. Together, Thomas, Barney and all their friends defeat Bowser and save Sir Topham Hatt.
- Release Date: April 27, 1996.
- This is also a Thomas/Barney 80-minute crossover special.
- First Thomas special to be a crossover of another series. In this case-Barney & Friends.
- Barney has his 1995 costume and Season 3 voice.
- Baby Bop has her 1996 costume and Season 3 voice.
- BJ has his 1996 costume and Season 3 voice.
- The Barney costume from Barney's Talent Show is used.
- First apperence of both the 1996 Baby Bop and BJ costumes.
- This is the 14th time Barney isn't seen coming to life, instead, he is seen going down the treehouse.
- This is the 14th time Barney does not turn back to a doll, instead, after Baby Bop and BJ say "Bye" to Barney, Barney says "We've done a such good job stopping Bowser from destroying Sir Topham Hatt, with the help of Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends. Thanks for coming today, and remember, I love You". Then it fades to the end credits.
- This movie uses the Season 3 Barney, Baby Bop and BJ costumes and voices and Season 3 playground, school and treehouse sets and the Thomas & Friends Season 4 models and sets.
- Joe Phillips
- Mike O'Donnel
- Junior Campbell
Thomas and Friends
- Donald & Douglas
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Diesel (music video cameo)
- Bill & Ben (cameo)
- Mavis (cameo)
- Stepney (cameo)
- Bowser the Scrap Diesel
- The Narrow Gauge Engines (Mentioned)
Barney & Friends
- Baby Bop
- Barney Theme Song
- The Welcome Song
- Let's Go on an Adventure
- The Island Of Sodor Song
- Bowser's Song
- Let's Go Save The Day
- We Saved Sir Topham Hatt
- I Love You
- (we open up and we see Barney going down the treehouse)
- Barney: Oh, hi there everybody. It's good to see you again. And today, we're going on a trip to the Island of Sodor to see Thomas The Tank Engine and His Friends. (goes in the school) Ah, this is gonna be stu-u-upendous! I hope we have fun on Sodor. (hears BJ's whistle) I hear a whistle. (music for The Welcome Song starts) Look through the window, and who what do I see? BJ, friend BJ. Whistling at me. Look through the window, and who what do we see? Baby Bop, friend Baby Bop. Waving at me.
- Barney, Baby Bop and BJ: Hello, hello, hello and how are you? I'm fine, I'm fine, and I hope you are too. Hello, hello, hello and how are you? I'm fine, I'm fine, and I hope you are too. (music ends)
- Baby Bop and BJ: Hi, Barney.
- Barney: Hi, Baby Bop and BJ. We're gonna go on a trip to the Island of Sodor to see Thomas and his friends.
- BJ: Aw, cool! I hope we are gonna go there to see them.
- Barney: (music for Let's Go On An Adventure starts) I love trains. Let's go on an adventure, a traveling adventure.
- Thomas: Barney, really useful engines can do big things.
- Barney: That's right, Thomas. We use our imaginations to do things.
- Duck: Yes, Barney. Um, Baby Bop? Sodor's fun.
- Baby Bop: Oh, goody!
- BJ: Hey, Sissy. Sodor is a cool place
Barney: Hey, James.
James: Yes, Barney.
Barney: Bowser has captured Sir Topham Hatt.
James: Oh, dear.
BJ: Don't worry, James. We'll save Sir Topham Hatt.
- Percy: (as he and Baby Bop arrive at Magical Mountain) Baby Bop, where are we?!
- Baby Bop: Magical Mountain, Percy.
- Percy: I think I am a...a little dizzy! I can't go any further! My wheels wouldn't let me.
- Baby Bop: Then I'll be back, Percy. But I'll promise that I must get water.
- Percy: It's getting windy up here.
- (as Baby Bop leaves to get the water and the shavings, Percy stays there)
- (Bowser is seen inside Magical Mountain, ready to set off an explosion)
- Bowser: Ready, one, two, three! (sets off an explosion)
- (The explosion causes Percy to slide down the cliff, and plough down the mountain)
- Percy: Bust my buffers! I've left the coal car behind!
- Baby Bop: Where can the river be? I see it. (goes to fill the glass with water)
- Percy: (continues to slide down the mountain) Stop wheels! Stoooppp!
- Baby Bop: There. (sees Percy still sliding down the mountain) Oh no! Percy! (jumps into the cab and shuts off steam, and Percy stops) Are you alright?!
- Percy: Yes. But I need to get to be put back on the rails.
- Baby Bop: Don't worry. I'll go and get help.
- Bowser: Here we are. Now, it's time for you to stay here!
- (The engines and dinosaurs find Bowser)
- Barney: Here he is!
- Thomas: It's the end of you, Bowser!
- BJ: Your terrors are coming to an end!
- Gordon: And you must be destroyed!
- Baby Bop: And you would be smashed to bits!
- Duck: Time to stop you! Let's get that diesel!
- (They push Bowser off the cliff)
- Bowser: (screaming) NO!! (hits the ravine hard)
- BJ: (laughs) That was a great job.
- Thomas: You are right, BJ.
- Barney: This is stu-u-pendous!
- Sir Topham Hatt: (unties himself) Well done, all of you. You had defeated Bowser.