|This article is fan fiction. As such, it is not a part of the official franchise (i.e., it is not canon).|
The first season of Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends would have aired in 1984 on citv for the UK and in 1991 on PBS for the US. The first season would have re-aired on the Fox Family channel in 1997. Ringo Starr narrated all UK episodes with George Carlin narrating all US episodes. This season would have included a total of 28 four minute and thirty second North Western Railway stories.
Please do not edit this page aside from ThomasSirHandel.
- Thomas and Gordon/Thomas Gets Tricked
- Edward and Gordon/Edward Helps Out
- The Sad Story of Henry/Come Out, Henry!
- Edward, Gordon and Henry/Henry To The Rescue
- Thomas' Train/A Big Day for Thomas
- Thomas and the Trucks/Trouble for Thomas
- Thomas and the Breakdown Train/Thomas Saves the Day
- James and the Coaches/James Learns a Lesson
- Troublesome Trucks!/Foolish Freight Cars
- James and the Express/A Proud Day for James
- Thomas and the Guard/Thomas and the Conductor
- Thomas, Terence and the Snow/Terence the Tractor
- Thomas and Bertie/Thomas and Bertie's Great Race
- Thomas Goes Fishing
- Tenders and Turntables
- Trouble in the Shed
- Percy Runs Away
- Coal/Henry's Special Coal
- The Flying Kipper
- Whistles and Sneezes
- Toby and the Stout Gentleman/Toby the Tram Engine
- Thomas in Trouble/Thomas Breaks the Rules
- Dirty Objects/James In A Mess
- Pastards Old
- Off the Rails/Gordon Takes A Dip
- Down the Mine
- Mrs. Kyndley's Christmas
- Thomas' Christmas Party
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Stephen Hatt
- Bridget Hatt
- Mrs. Kyndley
- The Little Boys
- The Policeman
- The Butler
- Jeremiah Jobling (not named)
- Lady Hatt (not named; does not speak)
- Workshop Engines (wheels and buffers only; do not speak)
- The Stone-dropping Boys (do not speak)
- The Märklin Engine (cameo)
- Farmer Finney (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- George Carlin would have been the only US narrator with Ringo Starr's narrations being exclusive to English speaking parts of Europe and Australia.
- The episodes would have aired in order on Shining Time Station.
- This season would have used the models, sets, lighting and music from Season 3.
- Most of the season's scripts were partially edited for the US versions.
- The engines would gain permimant head and tail lamps from this season onward as later seen in the Arc/Jamfilled era.
- Henrietta would have been given a modeled clay face from this season onward as later seen in the Arc/Jamfilled era.
- The restored openings would have retained "The Tank Engine" in the title with the restored versions also retaining the original end credits with the still picture from the last scene of the episode.
- All US openings would use the Season 3 intro.
- Henry would have no errors of switching between his old and new shapes. Henry would also maintain his wheel arches in his new shape as seen in Season 2 onward.
- In this universe the target audience of the TV Series would have been aimed for ages 6 and up.