|Director|| Steve Asquith|
|Producer|| Britt Allcroft|
Rev W. Awdry
|Starring|| Matt Chapman|
|Music|| Mike O'Donnell|
|Released||U.S. July 23, 2010|
|Runtime||1hr 22 min.|
Thomstar Steamer is a 2010 film based on Thomas the Tank Engine and Homestar Runner. This movie has been rated "PG" by the MMAP for the use of "mild language".
The movie is set in 2008. It starts out when Old Smoky returns home after pulling a passenger train. Meanwhile, on the island known as Sodor, things are not doing well for poor Thomas. He thinks the engines are treating him like a new engine, when they're not. Percy has difficulty convincing Thomas they're just trying to be helpful. Homestar, his friends, and family decide to visit The Island of Sodor for a month. Thomas and Homestar meet and become friends. Old Smoky, Darrel, and Little Western also arrive to help the trains.
Meanwhile, James ends up possessed by Strong Bad, while listening to Moving Very Slowly by Taranchula. Meanwhile, an evil scientist, Doc Cargil, has plans. He wants to scrap Gordon, Duck, and Neville and replace them with diesels. Him, Diesel, Arry, and Bert form an evil organization called "The Scrap 'Em Ups". Homestar, Marzipan, The Cheat, Pom Pom, Homeschool, Strong Sad, Strong Glad, Homestar Jr., Homestarzipan, and Homsar will do anything to stop Doc Cargil's evil plan. Thomas and Percy use Jet Engine Mk. 2 and race to the evil Doc Cargil's lair. The duo rescue their friends from scrap. Doc Cargil is very mad, and sends Diesel to stop them.
When Thomas, Percy, Gordon, Neville, and Duck return, the James/Strong Bad mix shows up in front of them. Homeschool returns them to normal, and James leads the others to Tidmouth Sheds, revealing that it's been burned down by Doc Cargil. Thomas is furious and vows to get revenge on Doc Cargil. Very much soon, Molly, Edward, Oliver, Toby, Donald, Douglas, Henry, Stanley, and Emily, as well as Diesel 10 help our heroes to stop Doc Cargil's evil plot, and the plan is discussed at Great Waterton.
Doc Cargil captures every engine except Thomas, Percy, Neville, and Molly, who escape. Homestar, Marzipan, Pom Pom, Homsar, Strong Sad, and The Cheat escape as well. Molly then accuses Thomas for causing all this, and they have a tearful break up. Then Lady shows up and guides the protagonists to Doc Cargil, they cross a bridge, and bombs are aimed at them! Lady and the others escape with her magic, as the bridge is destroyed.
Soon, Thomas sees that Doc Cargil has the others trapped outside Sodor, so he formulates a plan to save his friends - while Percy and Neville pursuit chase between them and Diesel, whilst Thomas and Lady save the other engines, and that Homestar, Marzipan, and Pom Pom confront Doc Cargil, but he escapes. Later, Diesel and Doc Cargil are chasing Percy and Neville to the viaduct. Homeschool has an idea - he throws dynamite near the villains and they fall down the gap.
Later on, Doc Cargil and Diesel - what's left of them - confront Thomas and Homestar once more, but Doc Cargil is stopped by Lady, who magics him to where he belongs, in Free Country Prison. And Diesel is sent away by Sir Topham Hatt, who will now be more wiser next time he borrows a diesel.
And so, everyone is rescued and the heroes are praised. As reconstruction of Sodor begins, Thomas and Molly repair their relationship. James also decides that there is no problem with Americans, and accepts them for who they really are. Homestar and his friends return to Free Country, USA, and everyone is as happy as can be.
- Thomas class - LB&CSR E2 - isn't in service anymore in the real world.
- This movie is dedicated to David Mitton (director of the original series) and George Carlin (US narrator seasons 1-4).
- The movie made with Flash, CGI, and Tomy/Trackmaster Thomas models.
- The Homestar Runner characters are made with using CGI for much of the movie. The same technique is also used when the engines are talking.
- This movie marks the first appearance of Bill, Boco, Diesel 10, Annie, Clarabel, Molly, Lady, Arthur, Spencer, and Billy's CGI faces.
- "Thomstar Steamer" is a portmanteau of "Thomas" and "Homestar Runner".
- During the movie, there are cameos made by Daisy (music video), Salty, Fergus, Dennis, Duke, Bertram, Henrietta, Elizabeth, Terrence, Colin, Flora, and the Pack (Jack, Alfie, Max, Monty, Ned, Byron, and Isobella). There is also a non-speaking role made by Jeremy.
- Thomas mentioned he never had an adventure so exciting, but he had some in "Thomas and the Magic Railroad" and "The Great Discovery".
- Occasionally, for some reason, when Thomas is pulling Annie and Clarabel, Clarabel seems to be facing the wrong way.
- It is most impossible for an engine to get in Doc Cargil's lair.
- Somehow, Thomas and Molly were able to kiss. This is impossible for an engine with a face to do so.
- When the engines are moving, human hands can sometimes be visible seen pushing them.
- As Old Smoky reverses into the sheds at the beginning, Darrel and Little Western are somehow derailed.
- At the start of the movie, when Edward is puffing out of the tunnel, trees seem to be knocked over.
- At some points in the movie, the characters mention "be's" or "-ed".
- James' line, "When email comes to town, you know, you know, it's like a rainstorm, in your browser" comes from the sbemail "theme song".
- Homsar's first line came from "Halloween Potion-ma-jig".
- Donald and Douglas
- Iron 'arry & Bert
- Diesel 10
- Bill & Ben
- Annie & Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam
- Mighty Mac
- Old Smoky
- Little Western
- Homestar Runner
- Homeschool Winner
- Homestar Jr.
- The Cheat
- Strong Sad
- Strong Glad
- Strong Bad
- Strong Mad
- Doc Cargil