To Be or To Seem is a CartoonTales song spoof to the Spanish RBD song entitled: Ser o Parecer. It is sung by Stephanie Morgenstern, Minae Noji and Jocelyne Loewen as Mel Blake, Brittany Wong and Malinda Doe. It is a silly song appearing in the January 2007 episode entitled: Susie In Wonderland.
- While on a safety patrol, Mel, Brittany and Malinda are bored with no things left to do. An idea flies out of Mel's head and together, all three sing a silly song called To Be or Not To Seem. After the silly song ends, the girls are suddenly caught by Lexi and her assistant Chief Pulse Trans (voiced by Laura Bailey), who angrily order them to get back to work immediately!
- Lexi Bunny (Jessica DiCicco)
- Mel Blake (Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Brittany Wong (Minae Noji)
- Malinda Doe (Jocelyne Loewen)
- Chief Pulse Trans (Laura Bailey)
Transcript and Lyrics
- (We open this music video with Ash narrating the silly song)
- Ash: And now it's time for silly songs on YTV, the part of the show where my friends and I come out and sing a silly song. We join Mel, Brittany and Malinda as they are on safety patrol, and they don't like being complicated.
- Mel: Oh, I'm bored! I wish there must be a way to stop being officers.
- Brittany: Well, I once banned Star from my spirit committee, but I got caught.
- Malinda: And I once wanted to get rid of Marilyn.
- Mel: I got it! A song will attract all female officers.
- Brittany: Oh, boy!
- Malinda: Let's do this!
- (They throw off their officer hats and sing To Be or Not To Seem)
- Mel: To be or not to seem.
- Lexi: Who you imagine.
- Brittany: Not me can do due?
- Malinda: A of your life If you do not watch to me, baby...
- Mel: Much already I tried to raise the voice
- Lexi: To wake up the empty interest
- Brittany: And I know that perhaps that day
- Malinda: That to you mine does, baby...
- Mel: And I know that perhaps that day
- Lexi: Never will happen to me...
- Brittany: But you in my dreams always have to be
- Malinda: Like a light that she illuminates to me
- Mel: And when waking up I want to return it to try
- Lexi: I... Know more that the heart annoys more fort, than a motor
- Brittany: And although you do not know to anything of me
- Malinda: I will have to you to reach, love.
- All: When I obtained it and I approached you I was congealed, the nerves killed I did not say anything, baby to me...
- (To Be or Not To Seem ends)