Todd Smith is LL Cool J's 12th studio album, released on April 11, 2006. It includes collaborations with Pharrell Williams, Juelz Santana, Teairra Mari, Ginuwine, Mary J. Blige, 112, Mary Mary, Ryan Toby (from City High) and Freeway. The first single is the high-intensity, Jermaine Dupri produced dance track "Control Myself", another song with singer Jennifer Lopez. LL Cool J and Jennifer Lopez shot the video for "Control Myself" on January 2nd 2006 at Sony Studios, New York. The video was shot by Hype Williams. Originally the song was to feature Fergie (from The Black Eyed Peas), however difference in terms of payment resulted into her being replaced by Jennifer Lopez. Todd Smith scored horrible reviews, although most critics enjoyed tracks "Preserve The Sexy" and "Freeze". Freeze was the album's second single and it features Lyfe Jennings. The album shipped 500,000 copies but sold just 367,000 copies. Despite the fact the album debuted at number-six, it quickly fell off in 6 weeks. LL Cool J said he will be doing his last album on Def Jam which is a sequel to Todd Smith. Todd Smith has been the only LL Cool J to fall off the Billboard 200 Chart without going Platinum. The original title for the album was called "My Favorite Flavors" and this is the 4th album of LL's where he has appeared either shirtless, or has used a bare/exposed part of his body as the cover of the album.
The album premiered on the Billboard charts at #6, selling 116,000 units and premiered at #79 on the UK albums chart and #40 in Canada.
The album has been certified Gold by the RIAA.
- "It's LL And Santana" (featuring Juelz Santana) (Produced by Shea Taylor)
- "Control Myself" (featuring Jennifer Lopez & Jermaine Dupri) (Produced by Jermaine Dupri)
- "Favorite Flavor" (featuring Mary J. Blige) (Produced by Trackmasters)
- "Freeze" (featuring Lyfe Jennings) (Produced by LL Cool J)
- "Best Dress" (featuring Jamie Foxx) (Produced by The Neptunes)
- "Preserve the Sexy" (featuring Teairra Mari) (Produced by Keezo Kane)
- "What You Want" (featuring Freeway) (Produced by The Narcotics)
- "I've Changed" (featuring Ryan Toby) (Produced by Trackmasters)
- "Ooh Wee" (featuring Ginuwine) (Produced by Scott Storch)
- "#1 Fan" (Produced by Trackmasters)
- "Down the Aisle" (featuring 112) (Produced by Trackmasters)
- "We're Gonna Make It" (featuring Mary Mary) (Produced by Bink)
- "So Sick (Remix)" (featuring Ne-Yo) (Produced by Trackmasters) (US Bonus track)
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found