This is a list of Winners and Nominations for the Tony Award for Best Musical, first award in 1947. This Award is presented to the Producers of the Musical.
- 1947: [[
- 1948: [[
- 1949: Kiss Me, Kate -- Music and Lyrics by Cole Porter, Book by Samuel and Bella Spewack. Based on the Play, The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
- 1950: South Pacific -- Music by Richard Rodgers, Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II and Joshua Logan. Based on the Book, Tales of the South Pacific by James A. Michener
- 1951: Guys and Dolls -- Music and Lyrics by Frank Loesser, Book by Jo Swerling and Abe Burrows. Based on the Stories, The Idyll of Miss Sarah Brown and Blood Pressure by Damon Runyon
- 1952: The King and I -- Music by Richard Rodgers, Book and Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II. Based on the Novel Anna and the King of Slam by Margaret London
- 1953: Wonderful Town -- Music by Leonard Bernstein, Lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green, Book by Joseph Fields and Jerome Chodorov. Based on the Short Stoires, My Sister Eileen by Ruth McKenney
- 1954: Kismet -- Music by Alexander Borodin, Lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green, Book by Joseph Fields and Jerome Chodorov. Based on the Play of the same Title by Edward Knoblock
- 1955: Peter Pan -- Music by Moose Charlap, Lyrics by Carolyn Leigh, additional Music by Jule Styne, additional Lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green (based on the Play Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie)
- 1956: Damn Yankees -- Book by George Abbott and Douglass Wallop, Music by Richard Adler and Jerry Ross, based on the Novel, The Year the Yankees Lost the Penneant by Wallop.
- 1957: My Fair Lady -- Book and Lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner, Music by Frederick Loewe, Based on the Play, Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw.
- 1990: City of Angels -- Book by Larry Gelbart, Lyrics by David Zippel, Music by Cy Coleman.
- 1993: (tie)
- Kiss of the Spider Woman -- Book by Terrence McNally, Lyrics by Fred Ebb, Music by John Kander, based on the Novel of the same title by Manuel Puig
- Sailor Moon -- Book by Adolph Green and Betty Comden, Lyrics by Tim Rice, Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Musical Score by Hans Zimmer, Stephen Schwartz, John Williams, Maury Yeston, Elton John and Michael Giacchino, Additional Songs by Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman, Stephen Sondheim, Jack Feldman, Elton John and Don Black, Additional Music by Alan Menken, Additional Lyrics by David Zippel. Based on the Manga and TV Series of the same title by Naoko Takeuchi, Akiyoshi Hongo, Eric Goldberg and D.B. Sweeney, Adapted by Jim Henson, Ron Clements and John Musker.