Online storage of phone data to enable quick and easy configuration of new phones
Automated process that copies information from the phone to a central server. The information that is copied from the phone is configurable e.g. Contact name and number, schdules, email, todo list.
Once the initial copy of information from the handset has been copied with the central store there are automated incremental copies taken from the handset device to the central store.
The central store maintains this information in a special area that is not automatically updated. The area holding the information is known as the phone backup.
It will be possible to copy this "phone backup" from the central area to a new handset using a manually initiated process on the new handset.
Handset operator, Web Application User, Desktop Application User,
Initial use case developed for business analysis and scoping.
Web appication account, phone connection to backup agent: Resident on phone, Desktop or Web, defined details for backup restore, pre-selected data backup interval
Web app logon, web app/phone connection
Basic course of events
- User creates account on web application
- User select what to back up
- To Do
- User select backup agent
- Agent connects to handset initial backup created on central store, restore point created
- Automated incremental backup runs
- User can initiate restore agent on existing or new handsets
- Initial backup of handset data complete.
- Automated incremental backup of handset data complete.
- Manually initiared Restore of back data to existing or new handset complete.